• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT2| "All Quiet on the GAF Front"

Played some of the new map, really good stuff. It looks great as well, the lighting at night is awesome.

Damn tho DICE, they put a "recommended" Conquest on the new map shortcut right on the Home tab and it failed out trying to get a match for me like 5 straight times.

westie's latest vid had an interview with a dice la guy and he revealed there's some new progression system set-up for the russian dlc. something about class specializations--more to be revealed at gamescom.

Played a round for the first time in months the other night on PC (sold my PS4 copy). Does anyone have an issue where the lightning system when it doesn't quite pick up that you've moved in or out of a building? So that you're stuck with either too much or too little light for a few seconds?

Night map is shit.

All I see is 32 players in a group rushing each and every capture point for 27 minutes.

The exact same happens on the enemy team.

Give me more Rupture Dice, thanks.

Darkwater

Small update on my cpu situation: bought an i7-4790. Never dips below 60fps ever, not even on 64-player matches. The only time I experience dips is, ironically, when I benchmark with fraps. Just having bandicam's fps counter on (Fraps doesn't hook DX12) shows a solid 60 all the way.

westie's latest vid had an interview with a dice la guy and he revealed there's some new progression system set-up for the russian dlc. something about class specializations--more to be revealed at gamescom.

It will be something along the lines of field upgrades in bf4 which had specialized class levels, I heard

Zanzura

I haven't played this game in months, and wanted to try the DLC with a friend who has the Premium Pass. On PC, it seems like trying to play the Operations mode on the DLC maps is just a test of patience as it takes forever to get a game going. I also got accused of aimbotting/wallhacking in this match because apparently going 74-23 or something is impossible. Is the cheating situation that bad that anyone that does well is immediately accused of hacks? I'm surprised to see people with high ranks still not understand that SMG hipfire is pretty accurate even if you don't burst for the longer distances, and that the footsteps in this game are loud as fuck indoors. So much so that it's easy for a headphone user like myself to know exactly where you are. Apparently no one knows about the Premium Friend thing on PC either because my 0 score was "fishy".

Pretty disappointing to see the game in this state in my first few matches back as it was a lot of fun when enough people finally joined. Are the majority of players just playing Conquest on their favorite servers now? I'd like to not wait 10-20 minutes, and if that means having to play the classic modes only, then I guess I'll stick with those from now on.

Question: Can I buy Premium on Amazon US and redeem it on my EU Origin-account? I have bought games on there before but never DLC which is why I asked.

Nevermind. Apparently I bought BF4 Premium on Amazon 2½ years ago. So BF1 Premium should work.

Theorry

The guns i still need to unlock. Wich are worth it?

Hellriegel 1915 defensive
Selbstlader 1906 sniper
Huot Automatic optical
Chauchat Telescopic
Martini Henry sniper
Lebel Model 1886 sniper

terrible

Banned
The guns i still need to unlock. Wich are worth it?

Hellriegel 1915 defensive
Selbstlader 1906 sniper
Huot Automatic optical
Chauchat Telescopic
Martini Henry sniper
Lebel Model 1886 sniper

I only have the Huot optical and Selbstlader 1906 Sniper unlocked so I can only comment on those. The Huot optical is worse than the standard version in pretty much every way except the sight is better. The Selb Sniper is fun but just like the AlwaysReloading 8 .35 Marksman you're better off using another medic gun even if it dominates 1v1. You'll get caught in too many situations where you'll wish you had another 5 bullets. If you just want to mess around and have fun then I can recommend the 1906 Sniper but it's tricky to use.

Mahonay

Banned
God damn internet service is not run into the new building I just moved into yet. The PS4's wireless is too shitty to pick up the weak wireless Hot Spot I've been using for now. Been going through Battlefield withdrawal.

bigJP

Borrowed this game and why is the servers so crap? Lag spikes, drops, even the menues are slow. Have it on Xbox one. Anyone else have these issues?

M52B28

Banned
Hi everyone. I just purchased an Xbox One on eBay alongside a copy of Battlefield 1. Is it possible that I am too late into this game's lifetime to start playing it now?

http://i.imgur.com/IMhA3c5.jpg

New way to earn Battlepacks.

Hi everyone. I just purchased an Xbox One on eBay alongside a copy of Battlefield 1. Is it possible that I am too late into this game's lifetime to start playing it now?

http://bf1stats.com/

Nah, 58k peak today on Xbox. So plenty of people playing. Besides, there's not gonna be a new Battlefield until at least next fall, so you got time.

Frontlines is actually not bad. Would really like an Amiens Version though.

They added Frontlines to Amiens and Argonne Forest with the June update.

Donos

Probably used 1 skin so far (lvl 90 or so). For me, Battlepacks are only there for XP boost and puzzle pieces for new knives/melee.

Only thing i really noticed with the skins is the different tank skins. Then again, i'm not that often in tanks.

Borrowed this game and why is the servers so crap? Lag spikes, drops, even the menues are slow. Have it on Xbox one. Anyone else have these issues?

Played it last night for the first time in months. Yeah it's laggy, menu has always been shit in Battlefield games and there is a bug where if you press start during a game, to check the scoreboard for example, you can't get back to the game and you have to quit out. PS4 version.

Really felt that there was some imbalanced weapons too and sniping with a shotgun?

bigJP

tried it again, just unbearable lag spikes. ping is good to (30ish)
like bf3, so was giving this a try but nope

terrible

Banned

I notice pretty big framerate issues in bigger game modes, lots of stuttering. Lag doesn't really seem like an overall issue, it does exist but it's no worse than any other game. I play on US East servers with a low ping though. Might be worse in other parts of the world.

bigJP

I notice pretty big framerate issues in bigger game modes, lots of stuttering. Lag doesn't really seem like an overall issue, it does exist but it's no worse than any other game. I play on US East servers with a low ping though. Might be worse in other parts of the world.

have only tried team deathmatch. do quick match. maybe thats the reason?
would play US East also

terrible

Banned
I play quickmatch TDM a fair amount too so I don't think that combo is a problem. That sucks, it doesn't sound like it's going to be something that's easy to fix because I don't think it's a common issue.

bigJP

will check my settings, but not having issues with any other game.
even loaded up bf3 on pc a month ago and it was running smooth.

Theorry

Easy ones. But still felt good to do a double.

Fyitwyd.gif

So in terms of score per minute I'm in the top 15%, in terms of k/d I'm worst 15%. And I can't seem to get my k/d up no matter what I do. This is truly the first game where practising doesn't make me better.

void666

Banned
I've probably played more in the last week than in all the months since release combined.

Unlocked most of the new weapons. Except the one of scout ones. I suck at sniping. I need 250 more kills with the martini henry. But i can't hit shit. It's like my bullets vanish mid air.

And only now i realized how fun the cavarly can be.

Damon

Might try and get back into this, seeing as my Xbox One S is collecting dust.

Couldn't get into it, first BF I've played since BF3 on 360.

Shame as this was the game that actually made me want to join next generation...well that and the fact the One S was going for £200, other than that I had no interest in gaming again.

Donos

Might try and get back into this, seeing as my Xbox One S is collecting dust.

Couldn't get into it, first BF I've played since BF3 on 360.

Shame as this was the game that actually made me want to join next generation...well that and the fact the One S was going for £200, other than that I had no interest in gaming again.

Try out BF4. BF4 with Premium is very often on sale on XB1/PS4 for like 5 € / $ and still has good sized communities.

After about 5-10 matches I managed to get about 1/8th of the way a battlepack. I'm not convinced this is any better than the old way.

The new system is worse but it has got one benefit for me.

I used to get at least 1 BP a day but that was because I played Deathmatch only(I was never into this game type but it was the quickest way to get 100 scraps and BP)

Now it will probably take me a week+ to get a BP but at least I can start playing conquest/front lines/OP again(benefit)

Westie was saying the better you play the more your fill meter goes up. I don't think that's true. I ended a match and was best at nearly everything but it seemed to fill up as much as it did when I played crap. Also I just entered a game moment before it finished, I didn't even get a kill and my fill meter went up almost around 4 times the amount it usually goes up.

I think they want people to buy battlepacks and their not going to compromise that much. Maybe they will at the end of bf1s life.

I'm starting to not give a shit about BP/scraps anymore. Its a shit system that got me playing a game mode I didn't really like and leave a mode I did like.

terrible

Banned
I already largely ignore battlepacks but it is funny that they've made it significantly harder to get battlepacks lol.

GZkjs6J.gif

I finally started using the bayonet, though sparingly. Every kill I get with one is revenge for past cheap deaths.

I already largely ignore battlepacks but it is funny that they've made it significantly harder to get battlepacks lol.

GZkjs6J.gif

I finally started using the bayonet, though sparingly. Every kill I get with one is revenge for past cheap deaths.

I got like two kills with the bayonet, since then I haven't been able to hit anyone. Anyone hitting me with a bayonet is a rarity too, I just now killed a dude who charged right past a stationary me.

terrible

Banned
I got like two kills with the bayonet, since then I haven't been able to hit anyone. Anyone hitting me with a bayonet is a rarity too, I just now killed a dude who charged right past a stationary me.

Yeah I charge right by people sometimes lol. It's not an exact science.

nashman

This game has to get x1x patch for sure though. It gots to have hdr. That may lead to the Pro/PS4 hdr patch too?!? I wish.

Top Bottom