• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

kennah

My monk is up to GR69 now but I can’t for the life of me complete a GR70! It’s like a wall that I’ve hit and just can’t beat. I’m running a Shenlong/6-pc Inna/2-pc Rainment build with really good gear, even mostly ancients now too, yet my damage and survivability just aren’t enough to break GR70, even after running it a couple of times hoping for an easier map roll. I kill just a tad too slowly yet, and tack on a few deaths and the timer gets me every time

The biggest weak spot is my legendary gems, they are 50/38/31 right now. I seem to have outpaced my gem leveling so maybe I just need to level them up and I’ll accumulate enough damage to push me over…
I'm running the exact same set. Found that swapping the attack speed passive for the near death experience and the cool down passive for the dodge chance one helped me a lot.

Also I swapped out breath of life for blinding flash with the 25% damage reduction rune.

Cracklox

So after checking the leaderboards, it turns out I've got the highest GR posted for hc monks using a tempest rush build on ps4. Just did 67 (next highest is at 63 lol) with a few minutes to spare and there's still some optimizing to be done, so I think I can take it past 70 at least.

Now if only the game would drop me a second unity. I've only been at it for 620 paragons

Cracklox

Welp.

Tempest Rush monk dead at GR68. What a stupid death too. Accidentally epiphany teleported while channeling TR into a shedload of molten death explosions along with a some ice explosion things on the side, AS the rift guardian was spawning with 3 or so minutes left on the clock. Basically insta-glibbed. FML

Might be time for another game
or another class. hmmm

Baliis

Welp.

Tempest Rush monk dead at GR68. What a stupid death too. Accidentally epiphany teleported while channeling TR into a shedload of molten death explosions along with a some ice explosion things on the side, AS the rift guardian was spawning with 3 or so minutes left on the clock. Basically insta-glibbed. FML

Might be time for another game
or another class. hmmm

Epiphany is the worst. Need it for the DR, but always teleporting into stupid shit.

Man ... child is sleeping well and wife is pregnant again going to bed early. I may jump back on.

It's been a while though. Am I still in the GAF clan? What's newish? New season coming up?

Where is ma expansion?

Baliis

Man ... child is sleeping well and wife is pregnant again going to bed early. I may jump back on.

It's been a while though. Am I still in the GAF clan? What's newish? New season coming up?

Where is ma expansion?

Necro will prob be in a couple months or so, current season is a bit over a month in I think? Wanna say it started towards the end march

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

Where is ma expansion?

Nah, looks like you got shuffled out at some point. It's not letting me send an invitation to your battletag right now (might have been too long since you logged in), but it should let us once you're back on.

kennah

And more to the point - you need to complete ALL the bounties in a chapter to get the Horadric Cache from Tyrael that contains the bounties.

Ayumi

Trying to think of which conquest should be my third. Boss Mode and 65 gem were boss ez-pz but the rest looks mehhhh. Sprinter, maybe?

IceMarker

I can't wait to see the new changes they bring to Necromancer later this week, he's been disabled on the Beta/PTR for the last few days and everyone has been unable to play Necro.

Wallach

I'm doing Seasons of War (GR55 with 6 Sets) right now. Seems doable.

Yeah, that is the one I did. Super easy if you have the time or inclination to play alts.

If you just want it for the conquest, make sure one of them is a DH because three of their sets (Unhallowed Essence, Marauder, Shadow) are super easy to gear for GR55 level.

Radec

Finally got my new wiz to GR81 much faster than my monk. Now i'm wondering what should I do next.

Thinking of rolling a DH. But my stash space..

Insaniac

Played a Nat's RoV Demon Hunter back in season.. 6? I think. Had a lot of fun, enjoyed the playstyle and it was powerful.

Nowadays it seems the Nat's set is underpowered vs UE and Impale, is this correct or should I stick with it?

Wallach

Played a Nat's RoV Demon Hunter back in season.. 6? I think. Had a lot of fun, enjoyed the playstyle and it was powerful.

Nowadays it seems the Nat's set is underpowered vs UE and Impale, is this correct or should I stick with it?

Natalya's is definitely the weakest of the DH sets currently, yeah. All three of the other sets have received much larger buffs since the days of Natalya's being near the top of the leaderboards for DH.

It's still not bad, though. DH has the most tightly balanced sets in the game in my opinion. There's just inevitably an ordering and Natalya's is the one at the bottom end.

danthefan

I just started this game, tried Demon Hunter.

I am running about the place throwing jars of spiders at zombies while my pack of rabid dogs attack. Seems like fun.

I listened to the Cane&Rinse episode on it recently and they really sold me on it so looking forward to getting a bit deeper into things.

kennah

I just started this game, tried Demon Hunter.

I am running about the place throwing jars of spiders at zombies while my pack of rabid dogs attack. Seems like fun.

I listened to the Cane&Rinse episode on it recently and they really sold me on it so looking forward to getting a bit deeper into things.

That's Witch Doctor :D. Was my first character as well.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
any word on the necro release date? I saw a video and hes the summoner I always wnated Witchy to be so... yeah gimme.

Ayumi

Shouldn't I be able to do 75~80 as Wiz without augs? I wanna start pushing, but haven't auged anything aside from my helmet for the seasonal journey.

Radec

Shouldn't I be able to do 75~80 as Wiz without augs? I wanna start pushing, but haven't auged anything aside from my helmet for the seasonal journey.

Yes. My wiz beat it without augment. Just use the skills properly for stacks and get optimal gear for cdr so you can be in archon alot faster.

Radec

Was building my monk for a LTK build and i'm missing Vengeful Wind, Scarbringer, and Rivera Dancers.

Goes to Kadala to upgrade fist weapon.

1st try, Vengeful Wind.
2nd try, Scarbringer.
Then first try of boots, Rivera Dancers.

what the fuck.
KuGsj.gif

kennah

Was building my monk for a LTK build and i'm missing Vengeful Wind, Scarbringer, and Rivera Dancers.

Goes to Kadala to upgrade fist weapon.

1st try, Vengeful Wind.
2nd try, Scarbringer.
Then first try of boots, Rivera Dancers.

what the fuck.
KuGsj.gif

Fuck yeah!

Yesterday I got Ancient Inna Boots on my first try when that's what I was looking for.

Ayumi

Should be able to, I did 85 as a monk before I augmented anything.

Yes. My wiz beat it without augment. Just use the skills properly for stacks and get optimal gear for cdr so you can be in archon alot faster.

Aiite. Maybe I need to look up a video or two instead of trying to figure it all out by myself. I could use more CDR and a better weapon though, that probably weighs down a lot.

Necro will prob be in a couple months or so, current season is a bit over a month in I think? Wanna say it started towards the end march

Nah, looks like you got shuffled out at some point. It's not letting me send an invitation to your battletag right now (might have been too long since you logged in), but it should let us once you're back on.

Cool .... see you all after I finish FFXV

kennah

Couldn't believe how quick this made levelling my second character. Four hours at most, solo.

I love that you can put it in a level 70 weapon and just TEAR SHIT UP for 40 levels or so. Usually hit Level 50 by the time I finish my first T4 Regular Rift.

Radec

Couldn't believe how quick this made levelling my second character. Four hours at most, solo.

I'll probably would never want to solo level a new character again. Its just so tiresome. I just wait a day or two at the beginning of the season and ask for a plvl.

Maybe I'll do it again on Necro though.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
The Necromancer Beta was updated and added most, if not all, of the Necromancer legendary items (including a new 2-piece set). Patch notes are here.

I woke up this morning to see a shiny new Necro Beta invite in my inbox! :)

Of course, I’m at work, so I have to wait nine hours now until I can actually install and play it… :(

IceMarker

I woke up this morning to see a shiny new Necro Beta invite in my inbox! :)

Of course, I’m at work, so I have to wait nine hours now until I can actually install and play it… :(

Cool! Congrats, don't forget to search for the GAF PTR clan when you get in, it's just me at the moment. In fact, I just hit seasonal GR 20 right now with Necro and that put me at rank 272 on the leaderboards! lol

Wolfie5

On my second charachter, besides gem of ease on 2-handed weapon, I usually craft a hellfire ring (+45% exp) and ruby on helmet 41% exp. Also craft a hellfire amulet for better damage.
Start at torment 6, takes less than 5 minutes to lvl up to 40-45 lvl.
Then drop to torment 3 and I get to lvl 70 in less than 1 hour. I only play on fields of misery for masacre bonuses.
Last time I also used gem of toxin, which helped a lot in damage. Maybe there are better gems when leveling, I don´t know.

Cracklox

So after losing my tempest rush monk and being a bit put off d3 for a few days, I've now decided to take another neglected skill (and set) and see how far I can take it. I'm doing a hc fist of the heaven sader using akkhans. The highest person I could find on the leaderboards using akkhans was at GR67 and running a totally different build.

I'm not sure if it'll come back to bite me, but I'm also using perma phalanx bodyguards, who hit pretty damn hard on their own. I figured it may work as there's room for both skills supporting items (ring and shield for phalanx, Darklight and belt for FoH) and they both benefit from the 6 set bonus. They also keep things at bay while I drop FoH from distance. So it ends up playing a bit like a bell monk except with pets, who can put out some pretty good damage on their own. Getting durability from Unity, Akarats, and iron skin if required. Toying with the idea of a curiass, but I sort of want a cindercoat instead for added fire damage, and the playstyle doesn't generally involve getting in the thick of the action so I don't think i need the extra mitigation. Yet....

Anyway, just cleared GR45 with 5 minutes to spare. Still a few gear slots I need stuff for and some some optimising, and ancient stuff to find, so I'm sure it''ll go past 60. 70 could be tough but see what happens

tamminen

I tested LoN spirit barrage WD in 4mans and Im doing something wrong cause I died a lot in quite low gr with a good healing monk. I wonder what I am doing wrong though cause the build itself is rather self explanatory. Im playing the one with Voos juicer and barber with horrify instead of piranhas and I even had spirit vessel. Im at 10/13 ancient items so I dont know if thats the issue but seeing LoN wds clear gr116 and even higher there must be something Im doing very wrong. Huh.

Ive always liked wd but for some reason I just cant figure it out. Im bad soloing and apparently in groups too :(

Top Bottom