• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Odyssey direct feed gameplay highlights photo mode, costumes, Frog Mario

So... even though there's the rule that Mario can't capture targets that have hats on, apparently he can just knock the hat off anyway.

What stops him and Cappy?

Wamb0wneD

Stuck on Wii U... just recently catching up with that console. Don't have a Switch yet :/

Never owned a Wii U and when it was clear the games aren't coming anymore I stopped wanting one, even though I still want to play Bayo 2 and Tropical Freeze. And for someone who has over 2500 hours in Melee I played a dreadful amount of Smash 4. Like 10 hours or so. Need those games on Switch.

Hope you have fun with it and that you'll be able to get a Switch at some point. :)

The Cap kingdom looks so good! And it's possibly the first world we're visiting too?? Hnngggghh

Oh this game has a compass HUD icon. It looks okay but I kinda hope there's a Pro HUD mode like Zelda.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Never owned a Wii U and when it was clear the games aren't coming anymore I stopped wanting one, even though I still want to play Bayo 2 and Tropical Freeze. And for someone who has over 2500 hours in Melee I played a dreadful amount of Smash 4. Like 10 hours or so. Need those games on Switch.

Hope you have fun with it and that you'll be able to get a Switch at some point. :)

Thanks man. Can't get enough of BotW, actually. A masterpiece!

SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY MAKER WHEN NINTENDO
Mario Maker worked because the structure of a 2D mario level is fairly simple and intuitive to build. And even then most of the levels were shit. I feel like any sort of 3D mario maker would be far less intuitive and less popular as a result.

Dyle

So... even though there's the rule that Mario can't capture targets that have hats on, apparently he can just knock the hat off anyway.

What stops him and Cappy?

I fully expect an existential crisis in the final fight with Bowser where he cap-tures you and you have to resist his control over you as he steers you to fall in the abyss. And then in the credits Mario has to think about everyone he cap-tured, the Goomba parents showing up hours late to pick up their kids at school, the strapping young Koopa who inadvertently stood up his date, the Hammer bro who was ostracized from his family because Mario made him attack them with hammers, the list goes on and on. Peach was saved, but at what cost?

Wamb0wneD

Yeah, I edited it out. A few folks were complaining that this wasn't 3D World in the other thread and it was irksome.

There will be a lot of "If this was called Super Bario Bodyssey it would get rated lower" posts for sure though. In some people's minds Nintendo can't make a 10/10 game. it has to be bias.

There will be a lot of "If this was called Super Bario Bodyssey it would get rated lower" posts for sure though. In some people's minds Nintendo can't make a 10/10 game. it has to be bias.

Yeah, I expect a lot of that as well. It is some people's nature to not be satisfied, I suppose.

Salarians

Also noteworthy is that you can briefly see the outfit Mario wore during the Kyary Pamyu Pamyu 3DS commercial.
vHsKNvf.jpg
yes!!

Deku Tree

Looks so beatiful. Can’t wait for this game. Hard to believe we get BoTW and then Mario Odyssey in the same year. It’s feels like it’s gonna be two GoTG in one year.

My guess is it's just someone breaking embargo on a review copy, we're only about a month away so I could see review copies being sent already

Seems weird to have the switch opening stuff there. More likely it was part of a press preview kit and someone broke NDA by posting it.

Top Bottom