• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Slayven

Agents of SHield is the best Superhero show. Not only for the writing, but because they know how to pace shit. They have season long stuff but it never gets annoying/

Johndoey

Banned
Agents of SHield is the best Superhero show. Not only for the writing, but because they know how to pace shit. They have season long stuff but it never gets annoying/
1. Gotham
2. Leigon
3. Birds of Prey
4. Lois & Clark
5. Smallville
6. The Cape
7. Agents of Shield

I tapped out early last season of Flash, and haven't gone back since. 😞

I couldn't make it past the villain reveal of Season 2.

I came back to Arrow after dropping the fourth season and have been loving it since.
I came back to Agents after the third season lost my interest and was really impressed with the last season.

Writers having a new toy, yet being lazy at the same time

Thye ain't fucking with no niggas.

And they need to wrap it up, Lily's actress is horrible

Honestly i watched the first 2 eps and the last 6 of last season. Felt like I didn't miss a thing
I'm sure in times like that if they'd replace her they still pay her and don't want to pay 2 ppl

Faustek

Morning kin.
Ok, Greg pak, convince me because I'm still not all to hot on Cho as the Hulk. He's fine but becoming boring and annoying.

i dont know how vegans do it. i just dont. Fucking willpower right there

Badly. Effing Crimson showed me that gumbo pot and I had to go get me some Gung phatt phong gari. I'm mostly ok but man. I miss eggs. I miss shrimp. I miss meat. I miss chicken. I miss fish. I miss everything and these faux substitutes often sucks in comparison but at least my values are great again.

I'm ready for the CCC invasion. I'll whoop all your asses before you can even see Omisha. Omisha is the name of my favourite belt.

I'm told it has it's benefits
https://d1o51r9qdgnnlz.cloudfront.net/animated_image/7b5f4a91-b8d6-4057-aae2-12589574ec4b/local.gif[/img[/QUOTE]

Come on now

[QUOTE][img]https://i.imgur.com/q8LGOkq.jpg

Have the real thing here at least.

So there's this article on how the left is more sexist than it realizes. One part stuck out to me.

We really dropped the ball, black men. In the sense that BLM focus mainly on black men getting killed by the police while hardly ever focusing on black women killed by them.

Didn't even know about that...sigh. As usual then. We all concentrate on the men no matter what.

I fucking hate this in fiction so much.

Big Trouble in Little China made it well. If memory serves me correctly Kurt Russells character was a bumbling buffoon.

Shy

Morning kin.
Morning to you.
Big Trouble in Little China made it well. If memory serves me correctly Kurt Russells character was a bumbling buffoon.
It not the same

With BTILC the fact that Kurt is a muppet IS the joke. He's the sidekick who thinks he's the main hero.

What myself (And i don't want to put words into his mouth) Slay ere referring to. Are characters who are competent professionals (and in some situations, positions of power) Who act completely idiotic.

For example, Star Trek (pick any of the series) When you remember that Starfleet is a space Navy. It boggles the mind how they behave.

For an example of the opposite (and probably poor one) are Michael Mann films. Where the characters are hyper-competent, and there's still good drama from seeing how they react to the situations they're placed in.

Sorry that i could give you some more examples. (both positive and negative) I'm horrible at articulating myself

Faustek

Can't wait for the season 2 finale when Sabrina gets married to Azathoth.

Wait what? Should I know? Is it safe to know? I still wanna know.

Morning to you.

It not the same

And I misunderstood it all :D And no worries. I'm a speaker myself. Pretty sure I could trick Crimson_Gold and PhoenixRising to actually sign the papers if I met them... But I don't want them near here atm.

Slayven

Morning to you.

It not the same

With BTILC the fact that Kurt is a muppet IS the joke. He's the sidekick who thinks he's the main hero.

What myself (And i don't want to put words into his mouth) Slay ere referring to. Are characters who are competent professionals (and in some situations, positions of power) Who act completely idiotic.

For example, Star Trek (pick any of the series) When you remember that Starfleet is a space Navy. It boggles the mind how they behave.

For an example of the opposite (and probably poor one) are Michael Mann films. Where the characters are hyper-competent, and there's still good drama from seeing how they react to the situations they're placed in.

Sorry that i could give you some more examples. (both positive and negative) I'm horrible at articulating myself

Good examples? Damn near every found footage film out there. The people are literally too stupid to live

Riverdale is a generic CW show with a premium Archie DLC skin....hard pass

Now the new Sabrina show looks like it will have something to say

both are going to be supernatural/with powers b/c of the Sabrina tie-in

I liked Gina Torres' character but I can barely remember the lead character. The cast of Tripping The Rift are more memorable than the main character.

i honestly thought you wrote "Tipping the Velvet"

Who the hell is complaining the music is goddamn perfect for that trailer, perfect in every conceivable way.

The complaint I keep hearing is, "It's set in a country in Africa. Why the hip hop? That's American. Why couldn't Marvel find some African music?"

Of course, this is the trailer music. I suspect that there's more "traditionally African" music in the movie. To be honest, if this is the only problem, I'm good. I was hype as hell watching that trailer, and the music was part of what made it so good. Black Panther is a character created by a white man, developed over the years by black men, and finally brought to the big screen in a solo film by a whole bunch of black people. We're lucky they didn't just drop a trap remix of "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" or "I Just Can't Wait To Be King" (that Disney money) over the action and call it a day.

Slayven

The complaint I keep hearing is, "It's set in a country in Africa. Why the hip hop? That's American. Why couldn't Marvel find some African music?"

Of course, this is the trailer music. I suspect that there's more "traditionally African" music in the movie. To be honest, if this is the only problem, I'm good. I was hype as hell watching that trailer, and the music was part of what made it so good. Black Panther is a character created by a white man, developed over the years by black men, and finally brought to the big screen in a solo film by a whole bunch of black people. We're lucky they didn't just drop a trap remix of "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" or "I Just Can't Wait To Be King" (that Disney money) over the action and call it a day.
We lucky they didn't use Africa by Toto
how have you managed to live this long with jandro as your mid boss

I use the right HMs and TMs on him

Morning bct.

Remember to end the interview when they ask you how much money you want to make. That's how you get over the gross feeling of having a price tag put on your time... I learned this in a gaf thread

Top Bottom