• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016-2017 Offseason |OT| At Least Next Year is an Odd Numbered Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
2017 Atlanta Braves are Undefeated. No need to play the season. We already know who the champion is.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
image.php
aUHiPMP.jpg

It's an arbitrary and convenient line to draw because at the end of the day the owners are the ones who set the agenda.

I'm not saying that you can't like the Cubs or anything. Just that you have no moral high ground to stand on about racism in baseball as long as the Ricketts do what they do.

cubs fans aren't notorious for harping on pretentious values with racial undertones, cardinals fans are. if you want to criticize the cubs because the family that most recently bought the already existing organization is scum, then okay, but that's a different conversation. the problems with the cardinals baseball culture are independent of ownership, and would persist no matter what kind of changes at the top were made. cardinals fans are completely in control of how they act, so they deserve the shit they get when so many act of them act in a certain way. they choose that. cubs fans haven't chosen for their owner to be a trump supporter.

cubs fans aren't notorious for harping on pretentious values with racial undertones, cardinals fans are. if you want to criticize the cubs because the family that most recently bought the already existing organization is scum, then okay, but that's a different conversation. the problems with the cardinals baseball culture are independent of ownership, and would persist no matter what kind of changes at the top were made. cardinals fans are completely in control of how they act, so they deserve the shit they get when so many act of them act in a certain way. they choose that. cubs fans haven't chosen for their owner to be a trump supporter.

Spoken like a guy buying into any false narrative he can find so he can throw out his one liner shitposts in a baseball thread on a gaming forum.

There is no "culture of racism" with the Cardinals or any other team. There's a subset of douchebag Cardinals fans that say racist shit because they're fucking morons. There are absolutely some despicable people who root for the Cardinals. Zero denying that. They're not just an embarrassment to other Cardinals fans, they're an embarrassment to society in general. But that's not unique to the Cardinals, though it is magnified because of a Twitter account and irresponsible media (hi NY Daily News). However, that doesn't constitute a "culture" of anything, no matter how badly you want it to so you can have a reason to shit on some other team.

How about you ask LaTroy Hawkins or Milton Bradley how much they enjoyed the commentary from the bleacher bums at Wrigley. Or Don Baylor. Or Dusty Baker. Or how things went for Ernie Banks his first couple years. You think times have changed and Chicago is now some mecca of acceptance and tolerance in 2017? Read the comments or Twitter on any South Side crime articles lately? Some truly enlightened viewpoints..

Time to get down off that high horse. Your team's fanbase and city aren't any better or worse than anyone else. There are asshats everywhere. Welcome to America.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Conforto hit another HR. I hope his swing is back. Also, Bruce better ride the pine if this keeps up.

Filthy Rich going to make his 2017 campaign debut.

I don't see how Queso believes his hometown Fathers are going to win one game against the Dodgers. They look like hot fire right now. I can already see the World Series ring ceremony next year.

When did Mets legend Ike Davis become a Dodger? I must've missed his ascendance to greatness.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Marc Carig @MarcCarig

If Wheeler keeps progressing steadily, Mets looking at March 8 or 10 for Grapefruit League debut.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Since Xia ruined the NFL thread....

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0HlELhdPK5BR6KTS/giphy.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

For the record I do not condone the condiment choice of the posted pic being referred to, I merely wanted to agitate Sanjuro. Mission complete.

Parch

Great to watch baseball again, even if Blue Jay ST is just a reminder how crappy the prospects are. Focus switch to WBC soon. It'll be so much better than 50 minor leaguers striking out.

It might take a couple of games before I start falling for the Jays Sportsnet hype. No Edwin. Groan. Smoak full time first base? Groan. But I know Buck will sway me. He always does.

Great to watch baseball again, even if Blue Jay ST is just a reminder how crappy the prospects are. Focus switch to WBC soon. It'll be so much better than 50 minor leaguers striking out.

It might take a couple of games before I start falling for the Jays Sportsnet hype. No Edwin. Groan. Smoak full time first base? Groan. But I know Buck will sway me. He always does.

get out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom