• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Warriors |OT| Now Everyone Can Ougi!

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
How is this game's performance? Does it hold 30 fps in the 1080p mode? How does it handle the 60 fps mode? Ideally, I'd like both modes to have dynamic resolutions to maintain their target framerates.

This game is coming to the 3DS? THats new to me!

Only the "new" models, but yep! The game was announced from the start as a n3DS and Switch game.

ajfoucault

If the Switch version is 13 GB, how much would the New 3DS version be? It can't be bigger than 4GB as that's the maximum capacity that MicroSD cards formatted to FAT 32 can handle per filesize.

Sirhc

Neo Member
60 fps mode footage getting me hype, looks so smooth. Hope my tv upscales it well cause the 30 fps mode looks really crisp in comparison.

Hoping split screen isn't a mess like Hyrule warriors, had fun playing with my wife but it was painful compared to single player.

not really need to grind for story mission tbh even at hard. it'll just need more time to finish it. class promote stats boost is enough imo

be strong & wait. don't be weak like me and grab digital instead of waiting the LE to arrive

In usual FE games, there is a level cap for lower class, higher levels are only possible through class promote. I don't know if this still applies to FE Warriors as I can advance through Lv 20 so I don't know if I should promote my class.

How is this game's performance? Does it hold 30 fps in the 1080p mode? How does it handle the 60 fps mode? Ideally, I'd like both modes to have dynamic resolutions to maintain their target framerates.

Only the "new" models, but yep! The game was announced from the start as a n3DS and Switch game.

To my knowledge, there's no way to lock the game to 30fps. You either lock to 60fps or lock to 1080p. 60fps mode uses dynamic resolution to maintain framerate. 1080p mode, as PR would put it, employs dynamic framerates. lol

No idea how docked/handheld changes things, unfortunately. <.<

In usual FE games, there is a level cap for lower class, higher levels are only possible through class promote. I don't know if this still applies to FE Warriors as I can advance through Lv 20 so I don't know if I should promote my class.

Outside of the possibility of changed growth rates, there shouldn't be any repercussions to promoting early here. Level does not reset on promotion, so there's no such thing as "lost levels".

When my copy comes in, I'll probably attempt to max level unpromoted FOR SCIENCE just to be sure.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
To my knowledge, there's no way to lock the game to 30fps. You either lock to 60fps or lock to 1080p. 60fps mode uses dynamic resolution to maintain framerate. 1080p mode, as PR would put it, employs dynamic framerates. lol

No idea how docked/handheld changes things, unfortunately. <.<

That's...a bummer. I totally expected to play at 1080p/30fps, but I also assumed it'd be a locked 30fps.

Anyone know how often it drops below 30fps?

Outside of the possibility of changed growth rates, there shouldn't be any repercussions to promoting early here. Level does not reset on promotion, so there's no such thing as "lost levels".

When my copy comes in, I'll probably attempt to max level unpromoted FOR SCIENCE just to be sure.

I am trying that with Lucina and will report back the result.

eh. just grind your most used chara, obviously promoted for extra stats to max level, then just use gold to level up unpromoted chara. done :p

That's...a bummer. I totally expected to play at 1080p/30fps, but I also assumed it'd be a locked 30fps.

Anyone know how often it drops below 30fps?

my untrained eye seems seeing obvious slowdown during ougi where there's too much stuff onscreen. I play on handheld mode btw so there might be less slowdown in docked mode

Why isn't this a worldwide release? Because KT is publishing it?
Hyrule Warriors was the same. Although I think FEW is coming a little bit faster then HW did.

Might be localization? This game seems to have much more text. Plus has voice acting.

Ridley327

Hyrule Warriors was the same. Although I think FEW is coming a little bit faster then HW did.

Might be localization? This game seems to have much more text. Plus has voice acting.

Yeah, it's about a week faster than Hyrule Warriors. No doubt that the localization was concurrent with the development, so I think the delay here is mainly logistical.

Crom

This thread has me looking forward to the game now. Wasn't too interested before.

I like the way that they incorporated Fire Emblem elements (I assumed it was just going to be Dynasty Warriors with Fire Emblem characters)

Richie

Impressions from anyone who was introduced to musou games via Hyrule Warriors, loved that game and is now playing this one would be much welcome!

OmegaFax

There's English text in the Japanese New 3DS version but it's inaccessible. The VO files for other languages are missing. It makes sense because this game has way more voice acting during battle and cutscenes than Hyrule Warriors (or Legends). The only thing Hyrule Warriors Legends had was narration at the beginning or after a battle.

Adding VO for multiple languages may have required something larger than a 16gb cartridge for Switch or a 4gb or 8gb cartridge for N3DS.

sinonobu

Banned
Impressions from anyone who was introduced to musou games via Hyrule Warriors, loved that game and is now playing this one would be much welcome!

I personally haven't played but one I know said they think this was a huge improvement from Hyrule Warriors.

Be reminded that there is also one big flaw for this game: many clone characters. The movesets are nearly the same other than ougis.

fionel

Be reminded that there is also one big flaw for this game: many clone characters. The movesets are nearly the same other than ougis.

Crap. Just ordered it online minutes before reading this :(

I'm not a big musou fan anymore after being fairly tired of their formula over the years. Having said that I was pleasantly surprised by Dragon Quest Heroes 2 last year and thought it was a nice spin. But that was mainly b/c there is a cast of characters with sufficiently unique movesets on top of the heavy rpg elements. I hope the SLG part and the FE elements are enough to cover the problem of clones in this game.

BTW does the game still maintain 60fps in split-screen mode?

I haven't been following this game at all, but seeing as this is Fire Emblem is this more in line with the Empires iteration of Musou games?

NeonZ

Base Hyrule Warriors without updates or DLC had 13 characters and 20 unique movesets (21 with the Amiibo locked spinner - I'm not including the Master Sword in that count though, since it's just a powered up Sword & Shield style for Link).

Fire Emblem Warriors is launching with 23 characters, but out of those the OCs, Marth/Celica, Chrom/Lucina, Caeda/Cordelia/Hinoka, Leo/Elise, Takumi/Sakura/Anna are clones, sharing basically all of their normals, although having unique specials. That leaves only 15 completely unique movesets.

Also, out of the 4 npcs are that likely to be added to the playable character list before the DLC proper, only Oboro has an unique moveset. Navarre uses the same 2 sword style as Lyn, Niles is just another archer and Owain has an unique stance, but outside of that he's a Ryoma clone (and even takes Ryoma's stance mid-combo). The 3 villains don't have as much data according to the game rips, so they seem more unlikely to make it altogether.

Oddish1

Base Hyrule Warriors without updates or DLC had 13 characters and 20 unique movesets (21 with the Amiibo locked spinner - I'm not including the Master Sword in that count though, since it's just a powered up Sword & Shield style for Link).

Fire Emblem Warriors is launching with 23 characters, but out of those the OCs, Marth/Celica, Chrom/Lucina, Caeda/Cordelia/Hinoka, Leo/Elise, Takumi/Sakura/Anna are clones, sharing basically all of their normals, although having unique specials. That leaves only 15 completely unique movesets.

Also, out of the 4 npcs are that likely to be added to the playable character list before the DLC proper, only Oboro has an unique moveset. Navarre uses the same 2 sword style as Lyn, Niles is just another archer and Owain has an unique stance, but outside of that he's a Ryoma clone (and even takes Ryoma's stance mid-combo). The 3 villains don't have as much data according to the game rips, so they seem more unlikely to make it altogether.

I don't have the game so I'm not sure, but I thought the two playable OCs had unique movesets.

Ok, that's really disappointing. Hopefully they diversify the npc character before they are available as DLC. Sucks because there are other characters from the three games that could of had unique move-sets like ninja, Mechanist, Ballistician, Maid/Butler, Dread Fighter, the werewolf guy.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

Hmm... I don't think I'm too disappointed by this since I'm pretty much only interested in one of the characters in each of those duplicate sets, but I do know it'll feel weird to play as a totally new character in Story Mode only to realize they have the same moveset as someone else.

Nohar

Spot-on. This put a damper on my interest for the game, and I decided to skip it entirely. Also, Mario Odyssey is just around the corner, is less expensive (well, the N3DS version of FEW is actually cheaper than the Switch one) and should fulfill more my gaming itches than FEW.

Interesting is that a dynamic resolution or the resolution is below 720p in handheld mode?

It doesn't actually do anything if turned on in handheld mode. You can adjust the toggle but the description for it states that it's for docked mode specifically.

Shame KT/Omega Force didn't want to go below 720p in handheld mode, I doubt you'd notice it (with good antialiasing) when things are moving quickly.

It doesn't actually do anything if turned on in handheld mode. You can adjust the toggle but the description for it states that it's for docked mode specifically.

Shame KT/Omega Force didn't want to go below 720p in handheld mode, I doubt you'd notice it (with good antialiasing) when things are moving quickly.

So no 60fps in handheld mode after all, that's a shame if that the case.

PK Gaming

Cordelia's support with Lucina is interesting.

Cordelia: Hmm... The way you use your finger to turn the pages of a book... And how you both slice meat to such a deliberate thickness... The number of times you blink, and... OH! The way your hair twists into cowlicks!

Cordelia's support with Lucina is interesting.

Cordelia: Hmm... The way you use your finger to turn the pages of a book... And how you both slice meat to such a deliberate thickness... The number of times you blink, and... OH! The way your hair twists into cowlicks!

Cordelia's...concern for Chrom and his family are truly commendable if they're what allow her to make observations such as this.
Lucina's more commendable for managing to steer that into a remotely positive direction. >.>

JB2448

Is there anywhere to see the character select screen? I want to see if they count male and female Corrin/Robin as separate characters or as a toggle.

Is there anywhere to see the character select screen? I want to see if they count male and female Corrin/Robin as separate characters or as a toggle.

While it's not the character select screen...

tumblr_ox3krmHP1h1unmxwko1_1280.jpg

Dark Princess
Darkblood
Dark Prince
Whiteblood

Nohar

This information is old but it seam than Ike and Roy are out in this game, exept if there is a FEW 2 :(

https://twitter.com/AllSourceGaming/status/914002414755135488

To bad for Ike, he is the most popular character in the series worldwide and always is left out.

Regarding Ike, that's a gross exageration, considering his popularity granted him a place in Super Smash Bros's roster. He will return in FEW 2 if that game is released one day, that's for sure.

Now, Hector, that's one popular lord who didn't get proper due.

This information is old but it seam than Ike and Roy are out in this game, exept if there is a FEW 2 :(

https://twitter.com/AllSourceGaming/status/914002414755135488

To bad for Ike, he is the most popular character in the series worldwide and always is left out.

Makes sense if they want a reason for people to play a FEW2 they need characters who can carry that game. I wouldn't mind a FEW2 with all the characters of 1 returning as extra along with whoever they would add for the main roster of that game.

Finally got my copy~
And just one minute in, I already made my first mistake:
I chose to use Rowan. :|
Somebody's gotta use the guy. >.>

Top Bottom