• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop 11/1-11/14: 50% off PS HD Collections

Seventy5

I was under the impresisong that it was on Disc 1 of the collection. Yeah you have t download it, but not from the store. Just install from disc (though still needs disc to play).

Might be wrong

http://trendygamers.com/2012/10/11/...n-disc-killzone-trilogy-requires-3gb-install/
Now I'm not sure, I downloaded a shitload of content with the download code. Maybe it did install from the disk, but it puts the launch icon in your PS3 game folder and the disk auto launches KZ2. The launch icon for KZ hd will only launch if the disk is in.

Credo

PowerUp Rewards has always been hugely screwed up for me.

I got the free card, made an account on PowerUpRewards.com and went to activate my card, but for the span of about a week, it kept telling me there was some kind of activation error.

Now after seeing this, I log in to my PowerUpRewards account and try to activate the same card, and it tells me the number has already been activated. So I go into my Gamestop.com account and try to merge it with my PowerUpRewards account, and it tells me I can't because I entered the same account information twice.

I'd like to buy the Ratchet & Clank and Jak & Daxter collections, but I give up.

Mit-

So was I? lol.
lul did not correlate Twitter credit with GAF username.
You are bizarrely concerned about this.
It's a good sale I don't want to get my hopes up for nothing :V E3, Nintendo, and this industry as a whole have taught me to do otherwise.

I got the free card, made an account on PowerUpRewards.com and went to activate my card, but for the span of about a week, it kept telling me there was some kind of activation error.

Now after seeing this, I log in to my PowerUpRewards account and try to activate the same card, and it tells me the number has already been activated. So I go into my Gamestop.com account and try to merge it with my PowerUpRewards account, and it tells me I can't because I entered the same account information twice.

I'd like to buy the Ratchet & Clank and Jak & Daxter collections, but I give up.
Just walk into the store and present the card. It'll work. "Activating" doesn't do anything but let you look at the points for the card online. The card is really "activated" the second it is added to a transaction and will always get you discounts/promos that it should, and will always accrue points.

If you want to actually look at those points online and redeem them, you'll need to contact the PowerUp customer support. The online login/activation is shitty.

I think I'm going to jump on the ICO/SotC collection. Ten dollars seems like a really great deal for two games that everyone says are great.

I don't have one of those power up rewards cards, the process of signing up sure seems easy though. Can it be processed in the same day? If not I will head over to GameStop after work today and sign up for one.

Eusis

I think I'm going to jump on the ICO/SotC collection. Ten dollars seems like a really great deal for two games that everyone says are great.

I don't have one of those power up rewards cards, the process of signing up sure seems easy though. Can it be processed in the same day? If not I will head over to GameStop after work today and sign up for one.
It's like a grocery store card from my memory, so yes.

Kinda wish it started today, I'm thinking of getting the ZoE HD CE before it's GONE, and I'd pick up at least the Ico collection with it.

There is a number on back of your card, contact them and they'll get it squared away. Even though your card isn't activating, you'll still get the deal.

So is this in-store only? I don't want to haul myself to Gamestop, get the Power card, and then have the store not have the games in-stock. Would prefer to get the card and just buy them from the GS website.

jayb

Should put the prices in OP after discount

LOL at questioning the "source." You guys just started posting today or something?

I've been around for a few years, but have no idea who the OP is. Then again I'm not a super multitasking octopus like you. ;)

but seriously, who is the OP?

So for less of the price of a new game, I get 4 collections of games?

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga

I am SO there!!!!! :D

These are brand new, right?

Eusis

So is this in-store only? I don't want to haul myself to Gamestop, get the Power card, and then have the store not have the games in-stock. Would prefer to get the card and just buy them from the GS website.
You can check the online inventory checker, and/or call ahead to be sure.
Seeing as you are effectively buying these used, it isn't as sweet of a deal.
Unless yours is run by an asshole that guts everything to throw on shelves you can ask if they have a sealed copy. I've gotten Lollipop Chainsaw that way, and it's especially likely in those without low stock I'd imagine.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Surely he would want us all to enjoy the glory that can be found while playing through the Jax and Daxter trilogy. I cant imagine him recommending anything else.

Already have that. Enjoyed the first game. Then I started the sequel and was like, wtf is this crap?

G0523

Fantastic deals on great games!

I'm getting the Ratchet & Clank Collection and maybe the Infamous Collection and maybe the Journey CE. I already have Ico & SotC, Jak & Daxter, Uncharted, and GoW Saga. Too bad the Sly Collection isn't there though (but I have that too).

RedSwirl

Worth trading in my 360 collector's edition of Dark Souls? I just bought the PC version, I was really disappointed by what the CE offered, and I probably initially made a mistake by buying this game on Xbox.

Top Bottom