• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

galperi1

Any U.S. traders have any experience with Bitfinex's Lending/Funding system with its 2 day minimum? Im possibly interested in it, but Bitfinex sort of closed account upgrades to U.S. residents some time back, and Im wondering if there's another exchange where US traders can still do it.

I've been lending btc on poloniex for almost 2 months now. It's worked out pretty great thus far since I caught a spike in rates at the last fork and made 5% daily interest on my btc for 12 days :)

willow ve

I've been lending btc on poloniex for almost 2 months now. It's worked out pretty great thus far since I caught a spike in rates at the last fork and made 5% daily interest on my btc for 12 days :)
Pretty sure you mean .05% ??? A full 5% return would be insane.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
NEO looking good

I truly believe that NEO is going to be a big thing and we will look back at the $20 price as a steal. That said, I own no NEO, but I've considered moving out of LTC and into NEO, at least partially. LTC price was just hit too hard and I'm trying to wait until it recovers a bit more.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Only two coins in my portfolio that are in negative numbers are Stratis and Civic.

Ark has stabilized at around 80k.

This Blackmoon is killing me, it's been below the ICO price since it hit the smaller exchanges. I never thought that these higher profile ICO's would fall below their ICO price, which really sucks. UGH!!!!! I'm tempted to sell this off if it can get to the ICO price and hop on to KCN Kyber which looks to be promising.

commish

This Blackmoon is killing me, it's been below the ICO price since it hit the smaller exchanges. I never thought that these higher profile ICO's would fall below their ICO price, which really sucks. UGH!!!!! I'm tempted to sell this off if it can get to the ICO price and hop on to KCN Kyber which looks to be promising.

You definitely need to have some patience. The entire crypto market has been down. There was really no way that Blackmoon was going to hit the markets and then go up when everything else is going down.

Donos

That poor bastard :D

Wonder if this is not someone from ED team since they have the statistics that this happens from time to time due their horrid ui. There is also another one in this linked reddit thread with similar fuckup.
Maybe i should set up some ... special orders at ED...

You definitely need to have some patience. The entire crypto market has been down. There was really no way that Blackmoon was going to hit the markets and then go up when everything else is going down.

I hear you on that. I was expecting a bit different from this ICO, seems like many go 2-3x once they hit even smaller exchanges, just hate seeing this sit below ICO price. Like you said, some patience is needed.

commish

I hear you on that. I was expecting a bit different from this ICO, seems like many go 2-3x once they hit even smaller exchanges, just hate seeing this sit below ICO price. Like you said, some patience is needed.

I'm into Blackmoon as well, so I feel your concern :)

syllogism

It's a long term project with nothing exciting likely happening in 2017. I'm not worried at all, but don't expect it to perform well this year. I would be surprised if it well further due to the buyback options and because most tokens owned by the foundation and their team are locked up for a few years.

Cipherr

Why the hell is $ARK going back down again? Stupid autobots or whales.....

Its the reject in the corner of my portfolio right now strangely.

I mean, everything took a dip the past 7-10 days. Tons of red, and ARK felt it, but things have been recovering a few % per day ever since, except ARK which seems to have no intentions of getting back to 3.70 or so where I have my sell order (Im getting out of ARK completely in exchange for something else).

Its annoying because right when I decided I wanted to move from ARK into something else I end up with money stuck in it because unless it recovers to 3.70 Im selling at a loss. I don't even want a profit, just to move my money to the other projects I have chosen (that are of course doing phenomenal right now.. ugh)

AmFreak

Why the hell is $ARK going back down again? Stupid autobots or whales.....

259zux22.png

Drifters

Its the reject in the corner of my portfolio right now strangely.

I mean, everything took a dip the past 7-10 days. Tons of red, and ARK felt it, but things have been recovering a few % per day ever since, except ARK which seems to have no intentions of getting back to 3.70 or so where I have my sell order (Im getting out of ARK completely in exchange for something else).

Its annoying because right when I decided I wanted to move from ARK into something else I end up with money stuck in it because unless it recovers to 3.70 Im selling at a loss. I don't even want a profit, just to move my money to the other projects I have chosen (that are of course doing phenomenal right now.. ugh)

Yeah understanding by low sell high in this market is troublesome. The ARK tech is solid and quite frankly, I see it in the top 5 coins in a year or so based on what they’re working on.

That said, the short term had been brutal.

Donos

Expected KNC drop. Hope it stays low till later. Want to grab some when home.
Overslept the ICO although i was interested.

I'm into Blackmoon as well, so I feel your concern :)

It's a long term project with nothing exciting likely happening in 2017. I'm not worried at all, but don't expect it to perform well this year. I would be surprised if it well further due to the buyback options and because most tokens owned by the foundation and their team are locked up for a few years.

I totally agree with you guys that BMC is a long term play. I guess my expectations were that it would at least be above ICO price and not below it, but that happens in the crypto world.

Expected KNC drop. Hope it stays low till later. Want to grab some when home.
Overslept the ICO although i was interested.

I keep hoping for $1.50 price to buy in. This sucks to have missed out on the ICO but I think here in the US we couldn’t buy in and it was all presold rather quickly. This one does have the same deal that OMG did where it was at $2 for a few weeks and then shot up. I think they might also have something to launch too for Q1 2018.

Donos

I keep hoping for $1.50 price to buy in. This sucks to have missed out on the ICO but I think here in the US we couldn’t buy in and it was all presold rather quickly. This one does have the same deal that OMG did where it was at $2 for a few weeks and then shot up. I think they might also have something to launch too for Q1 2018.

Going to only get a few. This is maybe overpriced because of vitalik hype.

commish

Sometimes I get lucky... last week I was trying to purchase a coin, put in an offer at a price, it wasn't hitting, so I cancelled. But as I cancelled I got a pop-up that said "order filled". I went to my transaction page to confirm, and yup, it was confirmed. Or so I thought.

Of course, the price then tanks, and I thought "well that sucks, but long term hold."

But I never actually checked my wallet to see if the new coins were in there and my BTC gone. Today I open up my wallet and see that my order was only partially filled with .7 coins, not my full order (who sells .7 of a cheap coin). I was then able to buy at the new lower price.

Score.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Whales still playing with ARK, fluctuating between 76k and 80k...

And NEO stopped an inch below 700k

Cipherr

I totally agree with you guys that BMC is a long term play. I guess my expectations were that it would at least be above ICO price and not below it, but that happens in the crypto world.

Going to only get a few. This is maybe overpriced because of vitalik hype.

Finally someone talks about this here. I was able to buy a couple hundred dollars worth when it went live on Liqui.io at around $1.75. Im planning to wait until it corrects pretty hard to buy more. Also around 1.60 if it gets there.

Im expecting that in a few months Ill be able to accumulate more under a dollar. Kyber has a LONG way to go before they get the exchange system up and running properly, but I believe in it long term over ZRX etc. Their plan to heavily cushion the liquidity is desperately needed. Its bad liquidity that ruins the current gen of decentralized exchanges like Etherdelta. That and UI design etc.

ARK is a long term hold. Like 2-5 year hold.

Don't sweat over prices right now, it really hasn't got going yet.

5 years is a really long time though. I bet most people wouldn't be able to wait that long. Even waiting 2 years without touching my cryptos would be a challenge ahah.

What price do you see ARK reaching in that time frame?

Sometimes I get lucky... last week I was trying to purchase a coin, put in an offer at a price, it wasn't hitting, so I cancelled. But as I cancelled I got a pop-up that said "order filled". I went to my transaction page to confirm, and yup, it was confirmed. Or so I thought.

Of course, the price then tanks, and I thought "well that sucks, but long term hold."

But I never actually checked my wallet to see if the new coins were in there and my BTC gone. Today I open up my wallet and see that my order was only partially filled with .7 coins, not my full order (who sells .7 of a cheap coin). I was then able to buy at the new lower price.

Score.
Bots. The market is run by bots.

And congrats! That must have been a nice surprise.

Finally someone talks about this here. I was able to buy a couple hundred dollars worth when it went live on Liqui.io at around $1.75. Im planning to wait until it corrects pretty hard to buy more. Also around 1.60 if it gets there.

Im expecting that in a few months Ill be able to accumulate more under a dollar. Kyber has a LONG way to go before they get the exchange system up and running properly, but I believe in it long term over ZRX etc. Their plan to heavily cushion the liquidity is desperately needed. Its bad liquidity that ruins the current gen of decentralized exchanges like Etherdelta. That and UI design etc.

It seems to have hit under $1.50 a few times. If it does hit $1, that would be something else and it could very well happen if the market goes red again soon. What are they launching in Q1 2018?

tzare

Guys, do you know any (decent) exchange that accepts paypal?
I have a bit of cash there and would like to try some cheap coins to see if i have a bit of luck

Donos

Interesting snippet out of a coindesk article about KIK ico

ICO fundraising schemes have flourished in the second quarter of this year, with approximately $797 million raised during the period, according to CoinDesk's latest State of Blockchain report.

This month
is close to being the busiest month for ICOs on record, having raised around $517 million in cumulative funding, according to the CoinDesk ICO tracker.
https://www.coindesk.com/kik-ico-raises-98-million-but-falls-short-of-target/

pieface

5 years is a really long time though. I bet most people wouldn't be able to wait that long. Even waiting 2 years without touching my cryptos would be a challenge ahah.

What price do you see ARK reaching in that time frame?

In 2 years, assuming there's no crypto market crash, and I guess assuming the crypto market cap continues to rise, i'd like to see ARK around the £30-60 mark.

But I think that could be a little conservative too.

Holding coins is one of the hardest thing to do in crypto, but is also one of the most effective.

Donos

Next little ARK boost is probably going to be after the fee reduction.

Also: DIONS Countdown to Call a Block is now live. 35 days to go (I/O Coin - IOC). Countdown is probably going to raise the price a bit. New wallet when block is called, in preperation for the update.
https://www.iocoin.io/

Donos

Would expect NEO to have bigger gains right before the China meeting 19th October. People are going to get strong FOMO because if new regulations are in favour of NEO > possible take off.

In 2 years, assuming there's no crypto market crash, and I guess assuming the crypto market cap continues to rise, i'd like to see ARK around the £30-60 mark.

But I think that could be a little conservative too.

Holding coins is one of the hardest thing to do in crypto, but is also one of the most effective.

Yeah, I also agree with your conservative prediction. If the market gets more traction than expected though, we could have a nice surprise. Really depends if ARK delivers on its promises and if the competition surpasses it or not.

I honestly can see it in the top 10 coin in 2 years. Even at this price, its a steal.

What are your thoughts about WTC? It has a pretty good run right now.

It's around 30% of my portfolio. Bought at around 1.20$. I'm waiting for some $$ to clear into my account to get more.

The team behind it is pretty solid and they have contracts with some big suppliers in china. They just completed the refund of chinese ICO participants and will lock those tokens for who knows how long.

Barring another China FUD, I can see this hitting 10$ by EOY. Besides NEO, it's the only chinese crypto I would invest in.

syllogism

It has obviously paid off, but it seems pure gambling to me to keep 30% of your stack on a Chinese coin right now, in particular a new one.

Top Bottom