• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Had a few matches on Venus with randoms. No glitches that I noticed, but it was always three or more players.

The only bad part was one higher level character that just sprinted full speed through the level and took everything out. I still don't get the point. The rest of us tried to keep up and sprinted everywhere right up to the exit. Dunno how people could find that kind of thing fun, so I'll stick to solo and friends list co-op for now.

Yeah happens all the time on PC where I'm in a different timezone to most of gaf-clan so generally play pugs. Worst was some guy playing a Trinity sprinting off by himself, then messaging me about how I was pissing him off because I wasn't supporting him properly. Douche.

How do we join the GAF Clan on PS4? Do we need an invite or something? If so, can someone invite me, flashburn2012.

Somebody? I'm lonely... :(

Also, has anyone on PS4 gotten the Platinum Discount as a login bonus? I'm thinking it isn't possible because you have to go to the PSN Store to buy Platinum.

Zakalwe

Banned
...weird. I never accepted any invite, and when I check the "Clan" tab of my in-game profile there is nothing. Yet, when I use the Clan Key that just finished building there's a dojo for me to access. I just went to it and there was someone else there, but the "players" area of the pause screen was blank.

dafuq

I think if you have a pending invite it won't let you have another... I may be confused with another game, but check it out.

Zakalwe

Banned
Oh, I havce news for you.

That is like 1/2 the end game. The best places for leveling and general grinding are mobile defenses. Namely, Kappa.

Since the whole end game revolves around repeatedly leveling your gear to get mod points and forma-ed slots, you spend a lot of time there. Occasionally a special event or the odd void run will break the tedium though.

Standard defense is more popular. Xini being the main place due to the relative ease of fighting infested with a Vauban on your team.

And Survival seems to be the best for farming mods.

Mobile Defense isn't really a go to mode for these en mass.

molnizzle

I think if you have a pending invite it won't let you have another... I may be confused with another game, but check it out.

So I figured out how to check invites, and you're right. Kinda clunky to even get to your clan invites, I expected some sort of pop-up or at least an in-game message. Also pretty stupid that you can only have one pending invite at a time. I didn't even know someone had invited me to this random clan.

Anyway, how do you quit a clan once you have joined? I accepted the invite to this one not knowing if it was GAF or not. It's not...

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. Super cool that it destroys your Clan Key/blueprint when you leave your clan. Thanks, game. That was for GAF. ~_~

Can I gets a new invite? PSN is molnizzle.

Also, has anyone on PS4 gotten the Platinum Discount as a login bonus? I'm thinking it isn't possible because you have to go to the PSN Store to buy Platinum.

I've done some digging and I don't think this reward exists on the PS4. That's a bummer, I'd love to support DE since this is a pretty fun game, but I hate knowing that if I was playing on the PC I could get a 75% discount on platinum.

molnizzle

Same here, AndysPants. I need to read up on equiping mods. I see some of the slots have symbols on them. And can the mods be unequipped? To experiment?

Yes they can be swapped around, that's how custom builds work in this game. Basically, never sell or get rid of any mod. You can't get them with real money and they're far more useful to you as an upgrade piece in Fusion. If you're equipping a mod to an item slot that has the matching symbol, the "cost" of equipping it is cut in half. The most important thing to know right now is do not sell any duplicate moda. You'll need as many of the same mod as you can get. Thank me later.

Symbiotx

If you're referring to upgrading mods, that is not platinum. Nothing is sold for more than 300 platinum. Anyhow, no, you cannot earn platinum as far as I'm concerned.

I'm pretty sure there are update bundles with characters, weapons, etc that are like 875 plat... There is definitely some crazy expensive stuff out there.

Anyways, I am surprised how much I like this game. It reminds me of the fun I had playing Phantasy Star on the Dreamcast. I generally loathe free to play games, but I have been playing this more than most other games. Good stuff.

LkPr

Would like a clan invite as well :) Just got a plan for a Dojo key (maybe everyone receives these, not sure). I will get a notification in game if I receive an invite, right?

PSN: LkPr

molnizzle

I will get a notification in game if I receive an invite, right?

Nope! You have to go to the chat window from the main screen, scroll down to the guild tab (bottom one), and press triangle to pull up "Guild Management." If you have an open invite you'll see it there. You won't know until you look though.

It's real dumb.

There are some useful guides out there if you look. I tried 6 times to complete the survival mission on mercury and found that you don't 'beat' that level, you just survive waves until you can't anymore, and at that point make a break for the extraction room before everyone dies.

Also never realized that the touch pad used skills. I've been playing for days without touching my skills apparently.

imperium

Very early but digging the game. Kind of confusing but fun. I played a couple of levels before I realized I didn't have any mods equipped.

been playing mostly solo to take my time & familiarize myself with the controls. Is there some kind of level timer that I'm not aware of? My handful of online games consisted of mic-less speed runs. I didn't want to be the guy lagging behind so I just followed the leader. Took some of the fun away.

would appreciate a clan invite if there's room.

psn: imperium

Atlas157

My handful of online games consisted of mic-less speed runs. I didn't want to be the guy lagging behind so I just followed the leader. Took some of the fun away.

Yeah, that's a very common thing that players do in the game. I hate it.

Join the GAF clan and play with clan members to avoid that.

molnizzle

Also never realized that the touch pad used skills. I've been playing for days without touching my skills apparently.

I changed to the other layout that puts skills on L1 with d-pad left/right to cycle. Much better. Also turn off the option that aligns your melee strikes with the camera. Shit makes no sense.

Kicked this up last night and was shocked how close to full spec PC version it looked. The controller is working very well with it. Very impressed by the product.

Soloing was fun, finally got through the first freakin mission after about 4 tries lol. I keep running out of ammo during the mission!

Edit : PSN: Udontneed2know26

I will get into group games once I get more familiar with the controls, which is quickly happening. Just loaded up some mods on my Warframe and should be good to go my next mission.

TheJerit

I'd like to be added as well. PSN: TheJerit . Plan on putting in some good quality time with a bunch of titles on my PS4 this weekend.

I changed to the other layout that puts skills on L1 with d-pad left/right to cycle. Much better. Also turn off the option that aligns your melee strikes with the camera. Shit makes no sense.

Yeah I'm turning it off tonight. It's the main reason 5 warframes will all flail their swords wildly at an enemy and never hit him.

Sykotik

I'd like to be able to take a bit of time to loot stuff without being hounded that I'm holding up the group.

Damn, man.

And don't get me started on PUGing defense missions. Yeesh.

Has any one felt the need to spend money on this and if so how much did it help you out?

The thing I want to spend the Platinum on is the Colors. They give you some really bad ones to start out with.

In case you didn't know, if you're PS+, you can download an addon for a free 50,000 credits and 100 platinum.

I had 150 when I logged in, though, so maybe you get more somehow? Perhaps the log-in raffle thing.

NeOak

I saw something for the dojo layout that I really liked. I'll make a copy and use google docs for it.

I plan to make a second floor for dueling and a basement for all the reactors and stuff. Problem is, we have to move the ones built already X.X

Jarate

Banned

OH GOD THE MELEE WORKS ALL OF A SUDDEN

I used my free points on these ballin ass fists. Shits bad ass hell, jumping and punching from the sky

Kicked this up last night and was shocked how close to full spec PC version it looked. The controller is working very well with it. Very impressed by the product.

Soloing was fun, finally got through the first freakin mission after about 4 tries lol. I keep running out of ammo during the mission!

Edit : PSN: Udontneed2know26

I will get into group games once I get more familiar with the controls, which is quickly happening. Just loaded up some mods on my Warframe and should be good to go my next mission.

I have it on pc as well. The only difference is the particle effects have been dialed down a little

PS add me novais350

Helscream

Banned
I would like to be added to the Gaf clan as well. My PSN is Helscream. I hit rank 30 yesterday and still have alot to learn about the game. If any other gaffers wish to add me feel free.

Has any one felt the need to spend money on this and if so how much did it help you out?

I spent $30 so far. Got a 150 platinum left. It helps that when I'm bored with warframe or a weapon I can unlock a new 1 cause the grind can b aggravating to myself.

Thanks didn't kno this! I've become proficient with the sword as is. I can only imagine how much better it is

Sykotik

What in the world is going on with people in this game!?

I've lost count of how many Defense missions I've failed on the first wave because people just. don't. defend. They don't stand anywhere near the objective, they run off and do God knows what, leaving me, and - if I'm lucky - one other person to deal with the onslaught of enemies. They either die, or leave the people that are actually doing the objective there to die.

I thought by the 3rd planet people would understand the basics of what to do, but apparently I would be wrong.

They either die, or leave the people that are actually doing the objective there to die.
Hah, well I doubt they're dying on purpose.

I did two defense missions I think, or survival, not sure. One survival, on Mercury, and the whole group lasted all of 45 seconds. I had no idea what to do, and there was ice everywhere, and it was a small space, and a shitton of enemies inlcuding one who kept pulling me into the mob, and all along Lotus was telling me to look for survival packages and I had no idea. I used up two revives before aborting.

The second time I got thrown mid-match into somebody's wave based survival on Venus, but the layout looked a lot more like a defensible arena. Did a couple of waves of that easily before extracting, and got a shitton of mods and XP out of it. Good times :)

I dunno - probably just people still learning the ropes. This game doesn't really do anything to help explain things to new players, and most of the randoms I've been matched with look at each mission as a footrace, with the winner being who can combine full on sprinting with acrobatics to reach extraction first.

Sykotik

I dunno - probably just people still learning the ropes. This game doesn't really do anything to help explain things to new players, and most of the randoms I've been matched with look at each mission as a footrace, with the winner being who can combine full on sprinting with acrobatics to reach extraction first.

I have no problem with people learning, but by the third planet, you're about 15+ missions completed. And every mission I do is also a foot-race. Nobody is opening containers or lockers, and if you try to, they bitch at you for taking too long.

Loudninja

I have no problem with people learning, but by the third planet, you're about 15+ missions completed. And every mission I do is also a foot-race. Nobody is opening containers or lockers, and if you try to, they bitch at you for taking too long.
Yep just a rush to the next enemy, so annoying.

Also it takes a really long time to level up I am still level 1 :/

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
What should I be doing with this money? What equipment should I be buying/upgrading?

Excalibur frame noobie here.

Let's say I am brand new to Warframe on PS4, and I have 150 plat to spend. What's the best things I should get if I never-ever-ever plan to spend money?

From what I understand weapon slots and warframe slots are the thing to get?

Sykotik

So, with this log-in reward thing. Are you able to receive stuff you already had unlocked? First login reward I got was a hand-gun of some kind, but I couldn't find it in my arsenal, so I assume it was the gun I already had. The reward picture had a 600 under it. Second reward I got appears to have been Excalibur, which I already use, with a 2100 under it. Is it just Affintiy? I don't know. Everything cray up in here.

Let's say I am brand new to Warframe on PS4, and I have 150 plat to spend. What's the best things I should get if I never-ever-ever plan to spend money?

From what I understand weapon slots and warframe slots are the thing to get?

NeoGAF clan message says to only spend platinum on Forma, but I don't know what it does.

Briarios

I'd love to join up if someone wants to add me - Briarios on PSN. I've been playing a map or two every day. I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying it.

Top Bottom