• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

mebizzle

So I've looked around and haven't found any info on this, but when played through Remote Play on the Vita, the controls are mapped slightly differently, and it improves the melee situation dramatically, as melee is mapped to the down button on the D-pad.

Jobbs

Banned
got started, played a mission, no idea hwat I'm doing.. seems fun.

I picked mag, and noticed I have no swipe abiltiies at all. even the up one that the tutorial gave me says it's locked. How do I get these?

Ashtar

I finally got on played two missions and had fun, it could use a bit more tutorial IMO
Anyway add me on psn: maalik_ashtaar I play est

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
What should I do with this 200 platinum?

Buy a Warframe and A sentinel?

Also, this game is fucking awesome. Why did it look so lame in that Giantbomb QL way back when. I spent more time in this then any of the other games (except for Lego Marvel).

My only complaint is the first couple of levels are too damn dark. It's hard to see anything. Hopefully it improves.

Goon Boon

Banned

Also, this game is fucking awesome. Why did it look so lame in that Giantbomb QL way back when. I spent more time in this then any of the other games (except for Lego Marvel).

My only complaint is the first couple of levels are too damn dark. It's hard to see anything. Hopefully it improves.

NOPE DONT DO THAT. You can easily get any Warframe and Sentinel easily via normal play. Get Weapon/Warframe slots, those are the only things you can get from plat that you can't get via gameplay besides cosmetics. You might want one orokin reactor too for your first frame you like, since they only come from alerts/events/promotions.

Zakalwe

Banned

Do not do this.

Buy slots.
If you don't think you'll need slots, save it for reactors/catalysts to upgrade your gear.

You do not need to buy frames of sentinels ever, unless you're having a very unlucky run with rng.

Darknight

offtopic, how do you access your PSN history download list? I cant seem to find it so I couldnt dl the preorder bonus shit.

Games like Flower, I had to go to the actual game to hit download in PSN Store but Id rather go to a list of crap that I can download without going into the store.

Jobbs

Banned
Is there something I'm missing about Mercury? The missions pose, at most, a moderate challenge, until the last one, the survival mission, which seems to be impossible. There don't seem to be other planets I can go to yet. Any tips?

We should play this some time, Jobbs.

let's DO it!

LProtag

Also this is a stupid question, but how do you invite someone to play with you? I can't figure it out.

Edit: Figured it out, but it seems you can't have a party to play with people for sure? Just have to hope they're available?

Briarios

I finally got logged into PSN late last night, and I really enjoyed it if anyone ever wants to play, feel free to add me - same screen name as here.

I'm still a but confused as to the whole crafting thing, so I'm buying nothing until I understand it better :p

Dead

well not really...yet
Seems really cool, though the melee is really janky without a lockon and due to the camera

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I did the same thing, and noticed that it no longer seems to be anywhere. Maybe it was taken off the store?

Hopefully someone can get some clarification on what happened, but I do know that Sony had problems with it for the past week, so maybe something happened and they had to get rid of it.
Hope me purchasing the perks without owning a ps4 works if they go away. They were listed as an addon on the website. I don't see it in the download list online, but it's listed under services for a year.

VanWinkle

Well you know I love you so sell me on this game....

Looks super interesting and all of the different frame options,,,

Gunplay feels fantastic, nice art direction and use of varying colors, kills feel really satisfying (especially with the charged melee attack, that takes some skill to be good at), and co-op is AWESOME. Oh, and it's FREE. My goodness, chilly, it would be silly NOT to get it. I've barely scratched the surface.

Jobbs

Banned
Gunplay feels fantastic, nice art direction and use of varying colors, kills feel really satisfying (especially with the charged melee attack, that takes some skill to be good at), and co-op is AWESOME. Oh, and it's FREE. My goodness, chilly, it would be silly NOT to get it. I've barely scratched the surface.

Only criticism I have is that on PS4 the framerate is pretty unstable. It dips varying amounts, sometimes rather a lot, depending on the situation.

Other than that, it's a hard game to fault. You get a lot of fun for free.

Is there something I'm missing about Mercury? The missions pose, at most, a moderate challenge, until the last one, the survival mission, which seems to be impossible. There don't seem to be other planets I can go to yet. Any tips?

I swear, this last mission in Mercury... It's fucking impossible! I've tried it something like 15-20 times, and failed every time. We got close once, as the sole survivor was just a room away from the exit before dying.

I'm bummed because I've been loving the game, but I've basically hit a wall at this point.

Really want to play this, but the update (the one at the Warframe menu) will barely get past 5% for me before I get an error message. I have poor internet so maybe I won't be able to play it at all anyways :(

BPoole

I swear, this last mission in Mercury... It's fucking impossible! I've tried it something like 15-20 times, and failed every time. We got close once, as the sole survivor was just a room away from the exit before dying.

I'm bummed because I've been loving the game, but I've basically hit a wall at this point.
You only have to survive 5 minutes in order to finish

You only have to survive 5 minutes in order to finish

Yeah, I know. :( Maybe I just have shit luck of joining idiots. I'll give it a few more tries, but if I still can't beat it, I'll probably just quit. It's ridiculous, I've gained like 6 levels on this mission.

BPoole

Yeah, I know. :( Maybe I just have shit luck of joining idiots. I'll give it a few more tries, but if I still can't beat it, I'll probably just quit. It's ridiculous, I've gained like 6 levels on this mission.
That mission is against Grinder right? Make sure you're using Piercing Hit on you rifle, no return on your pistol, and sundering strike on your sword. Grinder are weakest against armor piercibg, corpus are weakest against electricity, and infested are weakest against fire. If you don't have those mods, just replay previous missions. It's tough at first if you don't have the right mods but once you do everything is a lot easier

Only criticism I have is that on PS4 the framerate is pretty unstable. It dips varying amounts, sometimes rather a lot, depending on the situation.

Other than that, it's a hard game to fault. You get a lot of fun for free.

its locked a 60 on pc but drops when you clear 40 enemies in a single chain reaction molecular explosion.

Played a couple missions of this and definitely enjoyed myself. I can't make any sense of the upgrades... Is there any guides or intro FAQs that would help orient me?

Feel free to look me up on PSN (Das_Mookid) if you want to play.

Played a couple missions of this and definitely enjoyed myself. I can't make any sense of the upgrades... Is there any guides or intro FAQs that would help orient me?

Feel free to look me up on PSN (Das_Mookid) if you want to play.

Check the wiki. It helps a lot.
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/

Upgrades are these cards that drops in mission : they have ranks and cost. Cost is the upper right number. Rank is the white square on the black square ladder on the left part of the card :
250px-SplitChamberMod.png

You can take a mod and fuse more to it to make it level up : it will cost more to equip but be more powerfull.

Just tried this out on a whim, I really came away impressed with it. It looks like there is a lot to get into, I'll have to keep at it over the next few weeks.

Top Bottom