• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

LiveWire

Knights of the roundtable:

1. fmt
2. cb
3. luke
4. mrbob
5. ferny
6. dmczaf
7. ramirez
8. nightz

Welp the game is out in about a week, so it's about time to make this thread. Here are the things you need to know about the online franchise:

Difficulty: All-Pro
Time: 7 minutes per quarter
Start Date: As soon as EA updates the rosters

We will be using http://myleaguemanager.net. What does this mean? Well, we will have a salary cap, player signings, free agency, stats, and everything else through this site. It will be linked and feed directly from our online franchise so it should be a smooth transition.... should be!

And now, some rules:

1. this is a sim league. no going for it every 4th down, no running the no-huddle all game, no abuse of whatever exploit this years game has. just be cool man

2. we play 2 games a week. we advance every wednesday @ 9pm pst and every saturday at 9pm pst. if the games finish before then, we advance when the last game is finish. if you don't have the time to play 2 games a week, don't join. you'll just have people mad at you that are waiting to advance.

3. if you are easily angered and feel that losing may cause you to quit, then don't bother joining. we all lose. we all get screwed out of a win we deserved somehow. a guy gets lucky, your guy gets hurt, the madden AI gods decide to make your guys fumble or blow coverages or whatever. dealwithit.gif. venting is fine, but if you're going to throw a fit and quit every other week it's just not worth it to put yourself through that kind of situation!

4. the online franchise offseason will take a bit of your time. why? because we have the draft, we have free agency, we have a cap, we have all that stuff and it does take time. it's not a great amount of time but if you can't fit it in then don't play.

5. Don't go for 2 every time because you can't kick. Everyone has to deal with the kicking problems, so you do too.

6. Regarding 4th downs, just be realistic guys. Don't make me spell out every possible situation, but use these as guidelines:

a. do not go for it on 4th down if you are winning.
b. do not go for it in 4th down in your own territory unless it is the 4th quarter and you are down by 2 scores or more OR it is your "final" drive
c. if you have a 4th down and you are on the cusp of FG range, it is ok to go for it so long as it's a 4th and 5 or less. example: 4th and 3 at your opponents 39 yard line. unless you have the raiders or packers this is a difficult FG and probably not going to go through. i have no problem with a 4th down in this scenario.
d. NO GOING FOR IT ON 4TH DOWN OF A GAME THAT YOU ARE WINNING OR TIED AND YOU ARE IN YOUR OWN TERRITORY

just use common sense and try to be realistic.

If you are on the list and you aren't going to play let me know! The strangeness between the giants/packers/titans/bengals is this:

Wellington and BigAT are going to play for the giants.

If wellington wins, he gets the giants, bigat gets the packers, eznark gets the titans, and mihael gets the bengals.

If bigat wins, he gets the giants, eznark gets the packers, wellington gets the bengals and mihael gets the titans.

And the roster at this time!

New thread!

Dolphins have,

Round 1, pick 7
Round 1, pick 13 (from Carolina)
Round 2, pick 7
Round 4, pick 1 (from Jacksonville)
Round 4, pick 7
Round 5, pick 7
Round 6, pick 7
Round 7, pick 7

DCX

DCX
Wow the Titans with the deal of the century acquiring all the Falcons picks lol

Titans have Falcons 1
Vikings have Falcons 2
Eagles have Falcons third.

Falcons have Steelers 2
Falcons have Jaguars 3

4,5,6,7 belong to me still.

DCX

GCQuinton

Damn Live, what did I do not to have ANY draft picks? :lol

Panthers Draft Picks:

Round 2, Pick 13 (from Dolphins, via Panthers) :lol
Round 3, Pick 7 (from Dolphins)
Round 3, Pick 13
Round 4, Pick 13
Round 5, Pick 13
Round 6, Pick 13
Round 7, Pick 13

Damn Live, what did I do not to have ANY draft picks? :lol

Panthers Draft Picks:

Round 2, Pick 13 (from Dolphins, via Panthers) :lol
Round 3, Pick 7 (from Dolphins)
Round 3, Pick 13
Round 4, Pick 13
Round 5, Pick 13
Round 6, Pick 13
Round 7, Pick 13

I say we keep his version!

DCX

DCX
We have till tomorrow to resign players.

which is bogus, you should know by the end of the draft who you are keeping or not. Most likely the dudes you want are already signed. There might be one or two guys waiting for the draft to see if they might need to resign someone or let them go. An entire day for this step is useless.

Free Agency should start tonight.

DCX

TheCrow

which is bogus, you should know by the end of the draft who you are keeping or not. Most likely the dudes you want are already signed. There might be one or two guys waiting for the draft to see if they might need to resign someone or let them go. An entire day for this step is useless.

Free Agency should start tonight.

DCX
I agree.

Mrbob

DCX, everyone might not be home tonight to sign their players and rookies.

Also, Chris Harris 89 SS on the trading block. About 6 million this year. Those waiting to see if he'll be a free agent don't count on it if I don't get a trade done before the draft going to resign him.

DCX

DCX
DCX, everyone might not be home tonight to sign their players and rookies.

Also, Chris Harris 89 SS on the trading block. About 6 million this year. Those waiting to see if he'll be a free agent don't count on it if I don't get a trade done before the draft going to resign him.

...well, idk. We planed this for over a week not just 2 hours like last time lol. One would assume everyone would be present.

DCX

LiveWire

OK updated to this post with any changes. I'm heading out and won't be back until draft time so someone else can cut and paste and take over the changes.

TheCrow

WR Eric Decker 82
SS Quincy Carter 81
RE/DT Jared Odrick 78
LE Robert Ayers 75
MLB Quan Sturdivant 77
CB Syd'Quan Thompson 73

All young players with at least B potential, looking to trade for picks.

eznark

Banned
...well, idk. We planed this for over a week not just 2 hours like last time lol. One would assume everyone would be present.

DCX

Tomorrow is a holiday most people probably have off tomorrow and I doubt anyone plans their schedule around a madden dradt

Mrbob

So many picks traded. I expect some major saltiness to occur tonight during the draft when things get screwed up.

Deal with it. Sunday nights seem to be the best for everybody.

Signing the rookies isn't something that needs to be done with everyone on at the same time. Givem tomorrow afternoon at the least. I feel like the more we rush an offseason the saltier it gets. Under 24 hours isn't much of a wait on an advance..

Sanjuro

Signing the rookies isn't something that needs to be done with everyone on at the same time. Givem tomorrow afternoon at the least. I feel like the more we rush an offseason the saltier it gets. Under 24 hours isn't much of a wait on an advance..
There aren't many options really for signing rookies though. You either are keeping them or not.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
don't go changing the signing dealine now, I'm counting on being able to do that tomorrow morning.

LiveWire

Good. Cause me pounding beers right now hoping for the day off tomorrow due to a Seattle blizzard (i.e. 2 inches) is serious business.

Nightz

You better keep the OP updated as we make picks tonight!

Edit: I'm also looking to move up in the draft!

And one last time:

On the block:
WR Malcom Floyd
RE Luis Castillo
RT Jeromey Clary
OLB Shaun Phillips
and I'll listen to any offers for Rivers (for those that showed interest before)

Want:
Picks
MLB
SS
OL

DCX

DCX
NFL%20Draft%20logo.jpg

71308908_crop_650x440.jpg

Welcome to DCX's V1 and FINAL Mock for MaddenGAF S3 Rookie Draft

1-
logo_17.png
Jags had a rough season. The needs don't seem to be many, but its understood this team needs to change it's outlook. A glaring need would be CB. It would really help to trade the first pick down and get a CB later in the draft. If they keep the pick the move should WR Tyrell Coleman. Has superstar written all over him and gives Gabbert a solid second target over Lewis and Mike Thomas.
2-
logo_19.png
Lions took a step back in season 2. One could say the departure of Nick Fairley and emergance in Carolina would have alot to do with it, but there was alot of turmoil in Detriot. Stafford was sent to Oakland in a deal but a failed physical had him coming back and his displeasure showed. The defense needs some help in the secondary. FS Louis Delmas is a fine player but the Lions are looking to let him go in favor of in upgrade. Selecting second in draft gives you the luxury of doing just that in all american FS Bryant Skinner Lions also need Oline help, but you can plug that hole in free agency.
3-
logo_24.png
Rams had a coaching change mid season which no doubt hurts the flow of a season. Different coaches brings different styles of play. What we know is St Louis has a great running game, and a beast offensive line. The coach would love to get better at the LB position and the pick will most definitely be OLB Rob Marske
4-
logo_25.png
Another season, another year picking top ten. Not exactly what the Ravens expected and losing Ray Lewis has to be hurting. Last year i suggested they select Ikeem Smith to replace him, hindsight blah, blah. Ravens have the same needs. MLB and TE. MLB is wayyy mre important due to Rev Rey so the pick is MLB Markis Savoie
5-
logo_22.png
Patriots made a splash with the trade of Aaron Hernandez for all pro FB Ovie Mugheli, Brady threw 1000 times and rarely ran the ball. Rookie SS Jonny Kolhaussen was in contention all season for defensive player of the year. Now to add a piece up front along with Wilfolk the Pats select DT Jameel Smith.
6-
logo_31.png
Vikings had a tough year. After having a great first season, the Vikings completely fell apart in season 2. The reward is the 6th pick in the draft. In a wise move, the Vikings essentially traded the contract rights to DT Kevin Williams to the Atlanta Falcons for DT Corey Peters and a second round pick. They need help on the Oline, WR and maybe a replacement for Williams if they don't feel peters is it. The pick will be T Yvon Willis. He will create HUGE holes for AP and protect ponder.
7-
logo_12.png
Injuries set back the Phins. A mishap come draft time last season also caused problems. The Dolphins have horrible luck with the safety position and this is a HUGE need for the Dolphins in how they want to play. FS Rolle is a fine player but is severely overpaid but thats not going to matter they need to give him a running mate, and he is SS Tiras Israel having traded to move up to the 13th allows them to target another need later on which i'm sure they will.
8-
logo_20.png
The Packers enter season 3 with high hopes. It looks like they are getting a fel for both sides of the football and look poised to make a run at the playoffs. Trading CB Charles Woodson and K Mason Crosby gives them cap room for the free agent market. The needs a few. A CB to replace Woodson, OLB depth and a DE. Best availible from the needs would be the RE Artez Cousins
9-
logo_10.png
(via Redskins )What does a team do when they trade away a legend? Create a new one with CP7? Or draft the next big thing? My guess is the Colts take a need here and it won't be QB. Behind the scenes Curtis Painter has been taking first team snaps since season 1. Colts adress secondary help here with CB Cornel Patrick
10-
logo_11.png
Cowboys had a big decision to make this off-season on TE Jason Witten. The needs aren't many but there is still a choice to make here. Do you draft a replacement for Witten or do you go for another more immediate need and start Bennett? I think Bennett is going to be the man and the Cowboys go with CB Eduardo Marsh
11-
logo_18.png
Jets made a big splash trading Mark Sanchez. The Jets need to go QB and they will select QB Jordin Gibson
12-
logo_7.png
Another team that had a mid season coaching change leaves this team in flux. Head coach splat wants to rebuild this team in his image and has been rebuffed in a franchise changing trade that would have had WR Fitzgerald going to Houston. Now, seemingly stuck with his expensive weapon, the Cards have to build the old fashion way. They need Dline help and that's the play here. The irony? He has the same name as the player he tried to trade. DT Cooper Fitzgerald
13-
logo_12.png
(via Panthers)The Dolphins are on the clock again and after addressing the safety position, it now turns to the offensive side of the ball. They seem stuck with thier QB situation as both QBs seem second/third tier players. Drafting a QB here would put them with three second/third tier guys. I believe adding another weapon to the mix may be enough. They have enough at the wide receiver but an upgrade at TE would do wonders. The pick here should be TE Stephen Cole
14-
logo_30.png
(via Falcons)The Titans are close folks. They have slayed some Titans themselves but lose to fringe and lesser teams. If they can stay steady this could be a force to be reckoned with this coming season. Making some excellent trades, the Titans own the Falcons pick in the Cortland Finnegan trade and got his one year stop gap replacement in Charles Woodson. A job well done. The problem? No one knows what to do with two first rounders. The GM has been flip flopping for weeks. They have no major areas of concern but they could draft for the future. The Starting C is 37 years old, and it would be in thier best interest to get a young stud waiting in line to take over for when he retires. The pick here is C Zac McEwen
15-
logo_28.png
So close. QB Ryan Kasier come onto the scene like gang busters. Starting with the Atlanta Falcons gam where he broke out and showed what he could do and lead a team to a winning drive Joe Montana style. The wheels fell off the SeaChicken bus as a division lead whittled away to an 8-8 season. The needs don't appear to be much other than C. It needs to be addressed and it should be addressed here and now. The pick is C Jackson Gordon
16-
logo_8.png
Another team in position to the big dance broke an ankle during the cha cha. the Chargers can score with the best of them, but the defense has let them down. Generating a pass rush is the key and the position to do it from is right up the middle and DT. The Chargers select all american DT Carter Stone to cast the first one.
17-
logo_30.png
Following the same thinking as the 14th pick, the Titans continue to manage thier team moving forward and select a CB to eventually take over for Charles Woodson in CB Devante Morris. You can't have enough CBs in a division with the Texans and the Colts regardless who is at the helm.
18-
logo_9.png
Chiefs had a very good year after trading away a franchise player in Eric Berry. SS William Moore and FS Thomas Decoud made fans forget about Berry especially when Berry went down for another lengthy injury in Atlanta. The needs are OLB and DT. The Chiefs expect big things from DT Kwon Small
19-
logo_5.png
the Browns made a splash with two top 10 picks last season in getting Franchise QB Peter Newcomer and a top flight FS in Deaires Justice. They were the model of how a draft can and will change your team enough to make a difference. Adding another offensive lineman would do wonders for the run game and help newcomer make all his reads in a clean pocket. Still in the green room, G Matt Patton puts on the cap and head to Cleveland.
20-
logo_2.png
Bengals are a very good team with an elite defense. The offense rode the back of rookie sensation Nyjee Dyer. There are rumblings the coaching staff would love to add another weapon to the mix, i think adding another strong offensive lineman would help address some of the offensive woes. T Najee Ford is the pick
21-
logo_3.png
Bills are a franchise looking for leadership. They are ok in everything but excelled with a good owner. Lets hope his replacement can be as good or better. With that said the needs are OLB and G. This draft class is thin at OLB so the Bills should go with G Jaren Thomas
22-
logo_4.png
The Tebow led Broncos have a great bounce back after narrowly missing the playoffs season 1. This season they hope to continue the path they have carved for themselves. Needs are CB and TE...at least on the surface. With the Cowboys allowing Jason Witten to test the market, it gives them a chance to address both needs with one draft pick. The pick here will be CB Ricardo Bush
23-
logo_15.png
Niners made a splash in the off-season by trading a third round pick for former all pro CB Asante Samuel. The move allows the Niners to focus on the dline, especially DT. An upgrade here, even for future use ,is needed. The pick is DT Becket Hamilton
24-
logo_1.png
The Bears are doing things the right way. Overpaying for all world G Carl Nicks to resign at market value was a stroke of brilliance. Trading up to draft TE Cody Hoppes, again was brilliant. The moves showed on the field as the Bears went 13-3. It stopped there as a losing streak going into the playoffs proved to be hard to overcome. In a twist of fate, the one player the bears wish was still on the roster , could have been the difference needed to take them to the Super Bowl. Speedster WR Hester took his talents to Atlanta leaving the Bears a bit predictable on offense. The defense took some hits with the injury bug. With the D back in full health the thinking is they draft a Hester clone. The pick here is WR Jocqua Lofton
25-
logo_13.png
Eagles virtually need nothing. Depth everywhere, yet every draft a gem falls in thier laps. In a draft this thin there are no gems late just solid stones. Trading away a good SS in Nate Allen, the Eagles chose to add depth in case Kendrick Lewis doesnt pan out. SS Adonis Burchette awaits his turn to shine in the city of brotherly love.
26-
logo_27.png
The Saints were decimated last off season with a thin cap and lots of cuts to make. It made for a rough transition early on but made a huge push late and made some noise in the playoffs. The oline needs to get better if the Saints want to take the next step and the best offensive lineman left is T Charles McClure kid brother of Atlanta Falcons C Todd McClure.
27-
logo_10.png
The Colts are back on the clock after stunning the football world and not drafting Manning's replacement at number 9. It appears to have been a very good move as now they are still in position to select a QB here to develop if Curtis Painter doesn't pan out. The Colts select QB Brandon Toscano
28-
logo_23.png
With no real need the black and silver should go depth here and MLB Justin Young does just that.
29-
logo_18.png
(via Texans) After addressing thier QB need, the Jets sit at the bottom of the draft with a bevy of running back talent to be had. Even with Green and McKnight in the stable, the Jets shouldn't pass up a chance to get a future all pro. He could help with the return game as well. the pick is RB Antavio Bolton
30-
logo_16.png
The Giants played extremely well this past season earning a number 1 seed and marching through the playoffs until they lost to the defending champs, the Tampa Bay Buccs. There isn't much the Giants need but they are awful thin a TE. They could address this in free agency with Jason Witten waiting in the fold or they can select one here to develop. My guess is they make a run at Witten and select best available here and it's RB Rodman Brooks
31-
logo_6.png
Buccs super bowl runner ups after winning a Super Bowl season 1, have little in terms of needs. they take a RB just cause the supply is very plentiful. RB Montrel Gibbons is the pick.
32-
logo_29.png
The Steelers addressed LB need in a trade for ATL MLB Akeem Dent. Now The Champs find themselves just adding depth and a fine WR is the there to be had. Steelers select WR Kileon Waugh

Wow, thin draft is thin. good luck boyos.

DCX

Top Bottom