• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jumanji - Official Trailer #2

F!ReW!Re

Meh, looks like dumb fun movie.
Not something I would ever go see in a theatre.

And why the hell did they use the Jumanji name for this...

JdFoX187

Banned
Looks alright. But goddamn, Sony. How many times is this studio going to crank out a remake of an 80s/90s movie, only to see it bomb and then move onto another?

Ducarmel

Looks fun but I dont like how the characters are invading the jumanji world. I would have preferred the jumanji world running amok in the real world like the original and the teens morphing into the avatars.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
There's so many puzzling decisions here I don't know where to start. At the same time, I could see the actors playing well together and this being an okay time.

This looks terrible. The world their in is supposed to be terrifying, not whimsical and full of fun adventures.

ER4c.png

Mr-Joker

Banned
Meh, it's another crap movie from Sony trying to cash in on the name of the first movie which is miles better as it wasn't trying to be an action movie, had heart and highlighted that the game was dangerous as you didn't know what you would get with each dice roll. Plus Robin William brought a lot to the movie.

Also watch it that no-one actually loses all 3 lives in the movie.

And why the hell did they use the Jumanji name for this...

$$$$

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
It's been 2 minutes and I'm already tired of the "Hey I'm Kevin Hart and I'm short" shtick.

Jack Black's role seems fun.

I liked this more than the first trailer. I wondered if the characters were going to have lives in the game and this confirmed it.

As for how it turned into a game, the trailer seemed to imply that whomever found the board game turned it into a video game 20 years ago, or, at least, some time after they found it.

JdFoX187

Banned
It's just a jungle with wildlife animals; That in itself can be a terrifying place to be if you got no defenses.

There were some fucked up things that came through into the real world in the original movie -- like those damn plants. There was regular wildlife, but there was other stuff, too, that was worse.

Eh, it was fun. Better than the last trailer. Way better actually, I laughed at several of those jokes. Still not Jumanji, but I imagine that movie wouldn't hold up nearly as well if I watched it today. Doesn't excuse the cash grab. Hopefully, there's some horror and heart too. That's all I ask.

That said, expect a sequel. This would have to be absolute dogshit for the Hart/Rock combo not to pull in a profit.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Looks like garbage, but let me look for something positive to say.

The cast looks like it has good chemistry, and I don't see any obvious ad-libbing so at least there could've been some thought put into the gags.

daveo42

Banned
The Rock slapping Kevin Hart was actually hilarious.
This looks like pure schlock, but a ton of fun. It might actually be worth watching regardless of the baggage it carries using the Jumanji name.

What's the deal with trailers getting a brief trailer of the trailer before the trailer begins - is it for people whose attention span can't even handle the full length of a trailer?

I first saw it on the Blade Runner 2049 trailers, do they do it for everything now?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
What's the deal with trailers getting a brief trailer of the trailer before the trailer begins - is it for people whose attention span can't even handle the full length of a trailer?

I first saw it on the Blade Runner 2049 trailers, do they do it for everything now?

It's to catch people scrolling through on social media, in the hopes they get interested and watch the whole thing.

-griffy-

Banned

It's when it plays as an ad before other videos, like on YouTube. You can't skip for the first 5 seconds, so they do the short trailer off the top so you see something before you can skip the rest of it.

llehuty

Looks fun but I dont like how the characters are invading the jumanji world. I would have preferred the jumanji world running amok in the real world like the original and the teens morphing into the avatars.
Wait for this being the twist at the end.

Top Bottom