• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
*shrugs* My PC is hooked up to this HDTV (it's an Insignia, so it's nothing special) my parents got me for Christmas '10, so I guess I'm good.

I swear there's the slightest bit of input lag, but then, BSNES is probably not the best measurement. What's weirder is that there's no discernable input lag on 240p inputs (Genesis via RF (ugh), SNES via S-Video - both respond quick as can be), yet a 1080p signal over HDMI causes issues? I suppose that's a better question for TechGAF than PonyGAF, though.

Narag

*shrugs* My PC is hooked up to this HDTV (it's an Insignia, so it's nothing special) my parents got me for Christmas '10, so I guess I'm good.

I swear there's the slightest bit of input lag, but then, BSNES is probably not the best measurement. What's weirder is that there's no discernable input lag on 240p inputs (Genesis via RF (ugh), SNES via S-Video - both respond quick as can be), yet a 1080p signal over HDMI causes issues? I suppose that's a better question for TechGAF than PonyGAF, though.

Any sort of post processing on the HDMI input you need to disable?

Any sort of post processing on the HDMI input you need to disable?
Not that I can tell. I've turned off pretty much everything I can think of, including at the driver level. Setting page flip cue from "undefined" to 0 helped considerably with some titles, like Darkplaces (ie: Quake), but BSNES is still laggy. I'm wondering if it's the software, and not a hardware issue...

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Say now where'd you pick up that slick Lego™ brand Lego™ avatar?

I so want to build something Pony™-related out of Lego™ with all my Lego™ bricks, but I'm missing the right color Lego™ bricks and the best idea. Also, I don't have all my Lego™ bricks here with me, which doesn't help either

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ok so I watched episodes 14 & 15. Good episodes! This has been a nice stretch of good episodes in this show. Like 6 or 7 in a row, I hope it continues.

The 14th episode, where rarity makes the dresses for the rest of the ponies. WTF they were so mean lol. I was pretty pissed off that they weren't totally enthusiastic about the dresses even if they didn't like them. I thought they looked pretty cool too. Also, the dress that they helped design themselves were hilariously ugly. That fashion guy was funny too. Oh and the part where Fluttershy critiqued the dress was great. She's a funny character man. Good episode all around.

Then episode 15 with the Pinkie Pie's twitches. That was a good one too. Pinkie Pie is hilarious and it was funny to see Twilight getting beat up because she can be a bitch lol. That Hydra making a fart noise as it left was funny too. Another good episode.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Ok so I watched episodes 14 & 15. Good episodes! This has been a nice stretch of good episodes in this show. Like 6 or 7 in a row, I hope it continues.

The 14th episode, where rarity makes the dresses for the rest of the ponies. WTF they were so mean lol. I was pretty pissed off that they weren't totally enthusiastic about the dresses even if they didn't like them. I thought they looked pretty cool too. Also, the dress that they helped design themselves were hilariously ugly. That fashion guy was funny too. Oh and the part where Fluttershy critiqued the dress was great. She's a funny character man. Good episode all around.

Rainbow Dash's own design dress was awesome, and both of Twilight's were ugly.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

Then episode 15 with the Pinkie Pie's twitches. That was a good one too. Pinkie Pie is hilarious and it was funny to see Twilight getting beat up because she can be a bitch lol. That Hydra making a fart noise as it left was funny too. Another good episode.

Twilight getting beat up because she can be a bitch lol
Twilight [...] can be a bitch
D1Fjt.gif

Darte

MLP info dump from pony chan here courtesy of Ed Rosario (from team FiM): http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/02/season-three-confirmed-for-more-than.html#more

Some interesting tidbits:

Question: Okay just two more things:
-Do you know if there will be a Scootaloo episode this Season?

-I heard that there are only 13 episodes in the next season, can you confirm this, and if so do you know why?

Ed's Answer: there will.

not true, we are still working on S3. thats all i will say.

Question: Okay just two more things:
-Do you know if there will be a Scootaloo episode this Season?

-I heard that there are only 13 episodes in the next season, can you confirm this, and if so do you know why?

Ed's Answer: there will.

not true, we are still working on S3. thats all i will say.

Question:

Have there been any plans with the CMC and getting their cutie marks in S2 or S3?

Answer:

Cutie Pox was probably the only episode that we thought about it, but we may see them getting a cutie mark
(wink wink)

Question:

Current one I'm working on; Not sure if you've heard of the Lyra Sitting everywhere meme?

Answer:

hahahahahahahaha
oh god
lyra sitting
its funny because
it may appear in a later episode
might just
keep your eyes peeled bronies

Question:

There will be another Dərpy cameo? Like in 'The Last Round Up'?

Answer:

duh

Fluttershy_-_Yay.gif

Here we go:

(Los Angeles, Ca.) Outstanding performances for The Hub's five-hour "My Little Pony" Fan Favorites Mare-A-Thon (Saturday, February 11, 6-11 a.m. ET), including the record-setting performance of an all-new original Valentine's Day-themed episode, powered The Hub TV Network to another strong week and continued year-over-year audience gains in total day and prime time. In addition, The Hub's original program series continued to significantly outperform year-ago time periods.

Capped by the record-setting performance - the best in the history of the series -- of a new original Valentine's Day-themed episode, Saturday's "My Little Pony" Fan Favorites Mare-A-Thon (6-11 a.m. ET) significantly outperformed year-ago time period performances with impressive gains among Kids 6-11 (+165%), Kids 2-11 (+160%), Women 18-49 (+233%), Adults 18-49 (+168%), Persons 2+ (+174%) and Households (+178%).

The series' record-setting new episode, "Hearts and Hooves Day," (10:30-11 a.m. ET) delivered 316,000 Kids 2-11, making it the best-ever performance in the history of "My Little Pony Friendship is Magic," and the second highest audience delivery of any program in the history of The Hub.

The Hub also saw strength among its popular key programs including "R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour: The Series," "Family Game Night," " Dan Vs." and "Goosebumps."

For the week in total day, The Hub delivered significant year-over-year audience gains among key demographics including Kids 6-11 (+21%), Kids 2-11 (+50%), Persons 2+ (+25%) and Households (+20%).

For the week in prime time (Monday-Sunday, 8-11 p.m. ET), The Hub delivered significant gains among Kids 6-11 (+69%), Kids 2-11 (+82%), Persons 2+ (+25%) and Households (+19%).

Daypart Performance (all times ET)

In Total Day (Monday-Sunday, 6 a.m. - 6 a.m.), The Hub delivered year-to-year gains among Kids 6-11 (+21%, 17,000), Kids 2-11 (+50%, 36,000), Persons 2+ (+25%, 86,000) and Households (+20%, 61,000).

In Prime (Monday - Sunday, 8-11 p.m.), The Hub delivered year-to-year gains among Kids 6-11 (+69%, 27,000), Kids 2-11 (+82%, 40,000), Persons 2+ (+25%, 119,000) and Households (+19%, 80,000).

Programming Highlights (all times ET)

With 316,000 Kids 2-11, the Saturday 10:30 a.m. new episode of "My Little Pony Friendship is Magic" delivered the largest audience of Kids 2-11 in the history of the series and became the second highest audience delivery for any program in the history of The Hub.

Saturday's "My Little Pony Friendship is Magic" Fan Favorite Mare-A-Thon (6-11 a.m) delivered year-to-year gains among Kids 6-11 (+165%, 61,000), Kids 2-11 (+160%, 135,000), Women 18-49 (+233%, 40,000), Adults 18-49 (+168%, 75,000), Persons 2+ (+174%, 236,000) and Households (+178%, 136,000).

starts at 12:00, I arrive 12:15
12:30 we go to eat, 30 people at macaroni grill isn't a good idea, we we migrate to food court
1-1:30 eat
1:30-2:00 wander back to next to macaroni grill, since it's a nice spot to hang out to the side (9disturbing the least amount of people) and good winds
[Chewck: what did you eat>]
uhm, chinese? firecracker scootaloo and jai, "sholin monk food"
we then circle up and give intros "hi i'm x I go to y high school"
I get to say "i'm jesse I live in waipahu" lol school lol
then we split into 5 groups to discuss questions? like "who is best pony" or "what is favorite song" or "how'd you get into mlp"
[Chewckin the food court?]
no we went back to the third floor, near a restuaraunt at an isle to the side barely used where barely anyone went to

then we split into different groups, for a trivia thing. 30 questions
"what are twilight's parents cutie marks" "what were the other suggestions for the cmc's name?" "what were the suggestions for their bowling name?"
"what numbers did aj and rbd wear during running of the leaves?" "name a number rbd switched with during that couldsdale contest"
this person voiced who? (answer was mayor mare / spike)
anyways we had to come up with team names, and since we had some spergy 28 yr old who knew wierd shit, I named our team "Team Won"
... we won
i knew like 0 answers but our team and second team got to pick from a box of blind bags
[CappyFish: what pony did you get]
*Owlowiscious got special edition rainbow dash*
<.<
[around 4:00] then we sang songs. winter wrap up. at least half of the people knew it and sang along, butthis was when annarchy began
barely anyone knew any other songs so people who wanted to sing broke up into a group to sing, others embarrassed started to bail, someone who was eating apple pie wanted to slice it, so he pulled a hidden blade from his umbrella to cut it
[Chewck: was he short and british?]
he was black male and in a zecora outfit [...]
he had sweatshirt and sweat pants, markered up to have stripes, and a hi res pic of the cutie mark on each pant leg near the knee

someone who drew ponies had a drawing of the mane 6 all with moustaches, the heavy winds picked it up and blew it away
so then we organized again and the guy with the blind bags threw the rest into the crowd one by one
the guy throwing blind bags had a wonderbolts t shirt, you know the design, the cool one
then, uh, since they're all high schoolers and early year college students they went to, of course, hot topic :|
there was also a pinkie pie
pink/black striped stockings, and a pink/black colored uh... lolita/goth outfit
pink wig
[Chewck: did they get megasweet's stolen designed shirt?]
20% cooler? yeah 1 had it on
[Chewck &#8230;but it wasn't at hot topic was it?]
yes
"this shirt is now 20% cooler"?
[Chewck: oh, did they sort all that stuff out? i dont remember]
then the remnants wanted to go to wal-mart since that place apparently has some mlp goods
and we took a group pic before heading there, and after that is when I split off. [around 4:45]
[Chewck: ...you live in hawaii, right?]
yes
[Chewck: well how was it?!]
i enjoyed myself, even though it was quite awkward. the discussion groups, the trivia, heck even the songs saved it
the songs was embarrassing, but it wasn't done like to perform in front of people, so that's fine and fun to do
i don't plan on going to more functions, as they're almost all a decade younger than me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom