• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Huge Marvel Comics Digital Sale on Amazon - lots of stuff 90% off

Metalmarc

Anyone please?

I dunno if deadpool vs punisher is complete on there yet, came out august 30th , i just bought the full one for £2.16 it says 1 page, but it was really 122 pages

Also all of Alias (jessica jones ) is not on there

Nor is Punisher Max

J_Viper

Question about the Miller/Klaus Daredevil Collections

Do those contain the Born Again or Man without Fear story-lines? Because I already own those two separately.

I really need to get a tablet. Reading these on my laptop and TV (through the PS4) just won't cut it.

I'm rolling with a Kindle Fire HD 8 and it's pretty solid. The screen is only 720p, but comics and streaming content (Hulu, Prime Video, etc.) look surprisingly sharp. It'll do if you're looking to buy a tablet without throwing down to much cash.

Using the internet is a fucking nightmare though. It's soooooo slow.

Kal

X-Men Blue and X-Men Gold volumes 1 aren't on MU yet and seem to be in this.

The original Alias Series, and Vol 1 of the new Jessica Jones series, aren't on MU as they're MAX titles and are unlikely to be added, and they are all pretty cheap here too.

I dunno if deadpool vs punisher is complete on there yet, came out august 30th , i just bought the full one for £2.16 it says 1 page, but it was really 122 pages

Also all of Alias (jessica jones ) is not on there

Nor is Punisher Max

Thanks! I'll check those out :)

Kal

Hmm just tried to buy Deadpool vs. The Punisher (2017) and I got the message "we did not find a Kindle device or a reading app that supports this item registered to your Amazon account". I have the Comixology app on my iPad Pro and I login using my Amazon UK account. Is there anything else I need to do?

EDIT: Sorted it; just had to download the Kindle app on my iPad and login!

pHand

Got the Age of Apocalypse set for $22.00. Couldn't afford the series growing up so I literally only had Alpha and Omega, lol. Now I'll finally find out what happened in between.

Edit: Awwww, crap. Now I see that there are 2 different collections, and I got the one that released earlier. The 2011 version appears to have some books that the 2015 one doesn't, and vice versa. What the hell, Marvel? Is this what you want from me? IS THIS WHO I AM?! Destined to never read the complete AoA?!

For anyone looking to get AoA:

2011: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N4S98SC/?tag=neogaf0e-20
2015: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FWH7LLG/?tag=neogaf0e-20

How do I redeem the freebie I got from an early purchase?

It will automatically applied to the next eligible book. It won't show up on the item page that you're using a credit but the order will show 0 dollars when it is complete. Check your order history to make sure there are no 0 dollar transactions cause you may have redeemed it if you're buying a lot.

It will look like this in your order history but there's no code to enter. It will just be auto-applied to the next eligible book when you click the buy button

YG2Vg5e.png

Got the Age of Apocalypse set for $22.00. Couldn't afford the series growing up so I literally only had Alpha and Omega, lol. Now I'll finally find out what happened in between.

Edit: Awwww, crap. Now I see that there are 2 different collections, and I got the one that released earlier. The 2011 version appears to have some books that the 2015 one doesn't, and vice versa. What the hell, Marvel? Is this what you want from me? IS THIS WHO I AM?! Destined to never read the complete AoA?!

For anyone looking to get AoA:

2011: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N4S98SC/?tag=neogaf0e-20
2015: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FWH7LLG/?tag=neogaf0e-20

thanks for links

I tried to total up the cost of every book in that Hickman graphic and it comes out just under $80 or so, with a couple rogue issues missing. For some reason things like Avengers 43-44 and New Avengers 31-33 or so aren't in the collections/volumes, plus Infinity overlaps with some of the Avengers collections. That's probably far too much to indulge on at one time so I may stick to some of the Fantastic Four stuff for now.

flkraven

I read a few last night (just some old Spider-Man prep for my read-through of Superior Spider-Man), and fuck I forgot how much I love comics. It's been 20+ years, but I'm already back hooked. Spent another $30 today :/

I read a few last night (just some old Spider-Man prep for my read-through of Superior Spider-Man), and fuck I forgot how much I love comics. It's been 20+ years, but I'm already back hooked. Spent another $30 today :/

Need spidey suggestions? What's your current list?

DeathPeak

Still looking for a little help guidance on this one:

I'm a little overwhelmed by Ultimate Spider Man. There's Ultimate Spider Man, Ultimate Comics Spider Man, then Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider Man, and Spider Men. Buy it all are do issues cross over between some of the collections?

Ms. Marvel is so mine!

edit: welp!

I also bought Vision 1 & 2
Gwenpool 1 - 3
Black Panther 1 - 3
Ms. marvel 1 - 7

that's it. I'm done I swear!

pHand

Any of these have an apocalyptic feel/story line?

I mean, you can't get more apocalyptic than Apocalypse. Days of Future Past is another one set in a dark future. You can buy Age of Apocalypse (or any other of the comics on sale) and get Days of Future Past for free!

DEM0NWOLF

pickup so far

New Avengers (Vol 1-4) by Jonathan Hickman
Avengers (Vol 1-6) by Jonathan Hickman
Civil War II
Black Widow Vol. 1-2 by Mark Waid
Captain America: Steve Rogers (Vol 1-3)
Captain America: Sam Wilson (Vol 1-5)
X-Men: The Dark Phoenix Saga
New X-Men Vol. 1-7 by Grant Morrison
Secret Warriors (Vol 1-6)

BJK

Bought a ... bunch of stuff. Last thing Im waffling on is the Mockingbirds volumes. y/n?

Seeing no one else answering, let me say this:

513m85QKF0L._AC_US218_.jpg

This is the cover of the second trade from Chelsea Cain's Mockingbird run. If the notion that a scientist-turned-superheroine might believe in equality between the sexes somehow offends you....then you should avoid buying the book, and read up on the twitter harassment Cain received as a result of this issue cover.

If the image does not offend you, then you should really think about buying these 2 trades.

It's unfair to compare the book to Fraction's Hawkeye, which is revered as a defining (redefining?) run for the character...but it's the closest comparison I can give. Cain redefines Mockingbird by making her the unreliable narrator of her own story.
The first four issues of the book are structured as a puzzle box; the first issue won't make a lick of sense on first reading, but the story gradually expands on and explains itself. Kate Niemczyk's art is ridiculously detailed, and rewards repeat readings / viewings.

tl;dr - it was the best thing I read in 2016...and I'm still sad we didn't get more than these two trades. Buy it.

hamchan

Well I've spent over $300 on this sale because I'm no longer subbed to Marvel Unlimited so I decided to go a bit crazy.

...and now I'm feeling the urge to sub to MU again.

help

Well I've spent over $300 on this sale because I'm no longer subbed to Marvel Unlimited so I decided to go a bit crazy.

...and now I'm feeling the urge to sub to MU again.

help

Read everything you bought first and then sub to MU?

Also I don't feel so bad now for spending around $150 lol

Evo X

Never read comics before. This all seems overwhelming.

If there's one thing for me to try, what would you recommend? I see The Vision seems to be getting a lot of mentions.

Don't wanna buy a million things and have a backlog like my game and movie library.

Dalek

If there's one thing for me to try, what would you recommend? I see The Vision seems to be getting a lot of mentions.

Don't wanna buy a million things and have a backlog like my game and movie library.

If you’re looking to get into series with little ties to existing continuity I would recommend:

Vision
Hawkeye
Ms. Marvel
Squirrel Girl

There’s lots of other good stuff but these are mostly self contained.

Seeing no one else answering, let me say this:

513m85QKF0L._AC_US218_.jpg

This is the cover of the second trade from Chelsea Cain's Mockingbird run. If the notion that a scientist-turned-superheroine might believe in equality between the sexes somehow offends you....then you should avoid buying the book, and read up on the twitter harassment Cain received as a result of this issue cover.

If the image does not offend you, then you should really think about buying these 2 trades.

It's unfair to compare the book to Fraction's Hawkeye, which is revered as a defining (redefining?) run for the character...but it's the closest comparison I can give. Cain redefines Mockingbird by making her the unreliable narrator of her own story.
The first four issues of the book are structured as a puzzle box; the first issue won't make a lick of sense on first reading, but the story gradually expands on and explains itself. Kate Niemczyk's art is ridiculously detailed, and rewards repeat readings / viewings.

tl;dr - it was the best thing I read in 2016...and I'm still sad we didn't get more than these two trades. Buy it.
It was a good book but the last 2(or3?) issues ruined it for me.
The shoddy retconning of her rape, the lying and the aftermath
didn't sit well with me after how well written the issues before it were(my main thought is that she was told the book was cancelled and she had less than a trade to get everything over with). I thought the cover controversy was a really stupid thing for people to get mad about(hell, the cover had been known for months before people got mad)when there was actually a legitimate thing to discuss and debate. Instead Marvel begged people to buy the issues, the first trade and pre-order the next one while saying the book might survive then while everyone who know how things work saw that the upcoming trade had been shortened(since the book was cancelled) while still going for full price and that there were no more issues on the way. Mockingbird became Spider-Man's girlfriend instead. Last we heard the writer was going to do another volume of Vision(since King left when he finished up the story) but then Secret Empire happened...

DeathPeak

I'd say get some short runs/1 volume books. X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills, Old Man Logan (Millar), and Daredevil: Man Without Fear are a few I'd recommend.

Also, I never hear people talking about it, but the first thing I bought the last time this sale happened is still one of my favorite comics that I've ever read, and that is "The Death of Captain Marvel". It's a story so good that he joined the Uncle Ben level of characters that get to stay dead in the main Marvel universe (more or less).

Still looking for a little help guidance on this one:
No not really. You can read ultimate Spider-Man straight though in one shot. I think it's 120 issues. Best that Spider-Man has ever been. The it goes ultimate comics Spider-Man. Then the miles morales Spider-Man stuff. They really fucked up the naming after the initial ultimate line

I can't recommend ultimate Spider-Man enough. It got me back into comics in the early 2000s. It had me on the edge of my seat more times than I can count.

How long is this sale going for? If it’s ending soon I might say fuck it and get the whole 22 volume Ultimate Spider-Man. I got the first five but I wanna read those first to try it out if I have time. Also are the volumes past 4 worth picking up for Ms. Marvel?

Dr.Social

Banned
Some recs:

Moon Knight By Ellis and Shalvey (1 vol., $2.20)

A collection of six really clever single issue stories.

TXdqy7K.png

Silver Surfer: Parable (1 vol., $1.80)

Silver Surfer and Galactus drawn by Moebius

Secret Warriors (6 vol., $10.80)

Spies, secret organizations, super technology, characters with super powers, and an old soldier with an eye patch. It's basically Metal Gear as a Marvel comic.

ALPyDRg.jpg

X-Statix (6 vol., $15.20)

This is a very weird comic that's way more interested in media and celebrity culture than superheroes. Very early 2000s, but fun. Start with these two X-Force books:

X-Force Vol. 1: New Beginnings

X-Force Vol. 2: Final Chapter

Then continue on to X-Statix

biteren

im not much into comics, id figure id start so i grabbed these:

Infinity Gauntlet (used to own it but had to give it up, i like this one)
Infinity War

Planet Hulk
World War Hulk (i like Hulk and wanted to read somthin where he Wrecks house)

Uncanny X-men: Phoenix Saga
Old Man Logan

J_Viper

I spent over 400 bones last time around, and yet I still managed to find more comics to throw down money on

Moon Knight Epic Collection: Shadows of the Moon
Daredevil by Bendis and Maleev Ultimate Collection
Daredevil by Frank Miller and Klaus Janson
Wolverine by Larry Hama & Marc Silvestri
Wolverine Epic Collection: Madripoor Nights
Spider-Man: The Gauntlet Vol. 2: Rhino and Mysterio
Thor Visionaries: Walter Simonson Vol. 1 & 2
Hawkeye: Kate Bishop
Star Wars: Vader Down
Gwenpool, The Unbelievable Vol. 3
Amazing Spider-Man Epic Collection: Cosmic Adventures
Moon Knight by Bendis and Maleev

Ok, I think I'm done

What's the deal with Agents of HATE? Can anyone sell me on that?
This is their main antagonist

His name is Dirk Anger.

He's an asshole.

The book is a satire of other team up comics from Marvel's history, focusing mostly on the most ridiculous parts of world-ending catastrophes and a team generally fed up with being nice and being the ones depended on to save the world.

gFlXxem.jpg

fatpathy

Neo Member

Thanks, I always wanted to read this but like you I didn't have the money at the time. I've already spent so much though with this sale and the last one they had not sure if I should get both 2011 and 2015 :/

My haul so far this sale:
wolverine old man Logan
Inhumans vs X-Men
Thanos Quest
Spider-Man: Maximum Carnage
Vision Vol 1
Vision Vol 2
Mighty Avengers The complete Bendis run
Ares: God of War
Thunderbolts Classic Vol1
Thunderbolts Classic Vol 2
Thunderbolts Classic Vol 3
All-New, All Different Avengers Vol 1,2 and 3
Champions Vol 1
Civil War II
Civil War II: Gods of War
The Death of Captain Marvel
Spider-Man Birth of Venom
Avengers Assemble the Busiek/Perez run Vol 1,2,3,4,5
Avengers: Standoff
Thor: God of Thunder Vol 2
Spider-Man: Miles Morales Vol 1, 2
Infinity

Still a couple more I'm debating but all this has been under $100 so far and well worth it!

Last sale I picked up:

Secret Warriors Vol 1,2,3,4,5,6 which I highly recommend!
Infinity War
X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills
Death of X
Planet Hulk
World War Hulk
The Unworthy Thor
Infinity Gauntlet

There are a lot of X-Men books and Hickmans FF run and Cosmic marvel I still want to buy but can't justify spending much more at the moment

Lucario

okay this has to stop

The Vision (2 volumes)
Stephen King's The Stand (6 volumes)
Rocket Raccoon 2014-2015 series (2 volumes)
Rocket Raccoon & Groot 2016 series (2 volumes)
Rocket Raccoon 2016-2017 series
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Beats Up The Marvel Universe
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl 2015-2017 series (3 volumes)
Infinity: 1
Infinity Gauntlet
Marvel Graphic Novel #5: X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills
Rocket Raccoon And Groot Ultimate Collection

... haven't bought a comic in years, already read half the Rocket Raccoon stuff and am two volumes into The Stand >_>

Is the Dark Tower comic any good? Same question for that $5 Deadpool Adamantium collection.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Can anyone recommend a handheld device specific to reading these? My ancient iPad mini 1 is on the fritz and lacks space at the moment. Just curious what digital comic readers prefer to use. Kindle Fire?

neonglow

I've spent about $30 based on recommendations in this thread.

I ended up getting the following:

Astonishing X-Men V1-4
Hawkeye V1-4
Ms. Marvel V1-4
The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Beats Up The Marvel Universe
Vision V1-2
X-Men: The Dark Phoenix Saga
X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills

If I were to get one Thor series, which one would you guys recommend?

Added a few more to my haul, mainly Spider-Gwen and Rocket Raccoon.

https://i.imgur.com/jvlR1Nq.gif

Ended up picking many of the books I missed last time, along with a few that I think are new to this sale.

Captain America: Winter Soldier #1-2
Legendary Star-Lord #1
Moon Knight (14-15) #1
Moon Knight (16-17) #1-3
Ms. Marvel #1-4
Rocket Raccoon (2014-2015) #1-2
Secret Wars II
Spider-Gwen #0-3
Spider-man: Dying Wish
Spider-man: Miles Morales #1-2
Spider-man: Peter Parker - The One And Only
Star Wars: The Crimson Empire Saga