• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Punisher Official Trailer

ZeoVGM

Banned
This looks absolutely incredible.

Marvel Netflix fell off a bit (
a lot
) with Iron Fist but got back on track with Defenders. Can't wait for this.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
It really did, though. At least Luke Cage only really started tanking in its last few episodes. Daredevil S2 was pretty much a disjointed nightmare the whole way through.

I think DDS2 was much better and enjoyable than both DDS1 and LKS1.

unpopularopinionpuffin.jpg

It really did, though. At least Luke Cage only really started tanking in its last few episodes. Daredevil S2 was pretty much a disjointed nightmare the whole way through.

bruh don't make me kick you into a garbage truck

You have my axe, DD S2 stuck the landing well enough for me, I just hate the Hand bullshit

SpaceWolf

Banned

tumblr_inline_o4s0tnqE0z1ql1nbf_500.gif

Looks good but fully expect ting a plunge in quality half way through the season like the other Marvel Netflix shows. Also they really should just had him buzz his hair off. Looks doofy.

ZeoVGM

Banned

Sorry, I'm with Papa on this one.

I think Daredevil S2 is the best season of Netflix Marvel. While I enjoyed the Punisher stuff more, I had no issues with the Hand/Elektra stuff.

Also, a hot take: only Iron Fist is bad. Every other season of Netflix Marvel is either good or great, usually with a poor episode or two.

Carbonox

pls

Daredevil S1
Daredevil S2 Punisher arc
Jessica Jones
Luke Cage 1st half
Daredevil S2 Hand arc
Defenders
Luke Cage 2nd half
Iron Fist

I am looking forward to this though.

Netflix's MCU shows have had one asian and at least two black villains so far, so I'm not sure if I follow. Also, Purple Man, while white, was not old at all.

Purple Man's the stand out because he actually had powers and had motivation beyond cash monies. Every other developed villain Marvel Netflix has done is a rich person with the same skin colour as the protagonist or an underdeveloped Ninja.

Maybe I'm still just salty over the defenders spending so long on a boring antagonist for no reason at all.

Ivan 3414

Guns and explosions.

Not hard to fuck that up in a trailer. Really doesn't get me hype for the series especially considering its predecessors.

Daredevil S1 had the better overall story, villain, hallway fight and consistency in episode quality.

S2 had the better first few episodes and a pretty good Frank in prison subplot.

The Netflix version of the Hand is shiiiiit.

pls

Daredevil S1
Jessica Jones
Luke Cage 1st half
Daredevil S2 Hand arc
Defenders
Luke Cage 2nd half
Iron Fist

I am looking forward to this though.
Yup, that’s basically my list too, although I’d put Defenders at the spot above Iron Fist

But DD S1, all the Punisher stuff in S2, the first half of Luke Cage, and Jessica Jones are all great

ZeoVGM

Banned
Ranking time?

Daredevil S2
Daredevil S1
Jessica Jones
Luke Cage
Iron Fist

With Iron Fist being the only poor one. (I don't feel like I can rank Defenders yet. Probably under DDS1?)

JoeBoy101

My favorite Marvel Comic's Hero mixed with my Favorite Metallica song. Possibly the best trailer ever. Loved the use of One in there.

Yeah, this.

LOVED that trailer. Seriously stoked.

George Oscar Bluth II said:
The Netflix version of the Hand is shiiiiit.

This fundamental truth is ruining Marvel's Netflix lineup as they going hard as The Hand as a villain. Defenders alone would be better with something other than the Hand.

RANKING OF MARVELS

Luke Cage 1st half
Daredevil S1
Jessica Jones
Defenders
Daredevil S2 Hand arc
Luke Cage 2nd half

I haven't seen Iron Fist so can't comment

Sephzilla

1) Daredevil S2 - First Half
2) Daredevil S1
3) Jessica Jones
4) Daredevil S2 - Second Half
5) Luke Cage

Havent seen Iron Fist or Defenders

Anung

Un Rama
Daredevil S1 > DD S2 > First half of Luke Cage > Purple Man >>>> Jessica Jones > Defenders > Second half of Luke Cage >>>>>>>> Iron Fist.

Shaanyboi

Banned

No damn way... The overly vague expositing about The Hand and the Black Sky may have dragged, but calling DDS2 a "disjointed nightmare" is such a wildly inaccurate description, you may as well be describing Matt's costume as neon green.

The blue balls on the release date. We have about 90 days left so if they are still teasing, it might be a december release. Or the days between Halloween and Thanksgiving

Beefy

1) Daredevil S2 - First Half
2) Daredevil S1
3) Jessica Jones
4) Daredevil S2 - Second Half
5) Luke Cage

Havent seen Iron Fist or Defenders

You don't want to either.

-------------------------

Daredevil 2 6/10
Daredevil 5/10
JJ 4/10
LC 2/10
Defenders -2/10
Ironfist -10/10

SpaceWolf

Banned
Daredevil Season 1 (9.5/10, fantastic first series, though dodgy last episode marred the experience)
Jessica Jones (7/10, fun show with some really dodgy pacing, especially when it seems to struggle to work out what kind of show it wants to be...whether committing itself to noir or as a superhero deconstruction or both at the same time).
Luke Cage (7/10, great first half, show really started to unravel once Diamondback showed up)
The Defenders (6/10, show was completely let down by the complete lack of interesting antagonists with clear motivations, though some nice character moments).
Daredevil Season 2 (5/10 poor writing and horrendous pacing, complimented by some really out of character moments. The confusing and dull as ditch-water Hand plotline continued to drag it down. Jon Bernthal delivered a nice performance as Frank though, and that graveyard monologue was neat.)
Iron Fist (2/10, I actually mildly enjoyed the first handful of episodes, but the show just completely fucking loses itself in basically no time at all).

No damn way... The overly vague expositing about The Hand and the Black Sky may have dragged, but calling DDS2 a "disjointed nightmare" is such a wildly inaccurate description, you may as well be describing Matt's costume as neon green.

Personally, the fact that the show advertised itself with two separate trailers early on (split into two parts) showcasing two dramatically different plotlines that had absolutely nothing to do with each other (a hardbitten, urban crime thriller about a murderous vigilante and a story about a centuries-old mystical ninja cult consisting of immortals) tells you everything you need to know why S2 just didn't work, constantly switching gears and jumping between genres and character beats without settling upon a consistent means to garner any kind of momentum for a unified story that would engage us from beginning to end.

Of course, it all comes down to subjective opinion, and I'm glad to know S2 worked for people in a way it didn't for me, but speaking as a massive fan of the first season, S2 was something of a hideous let-down. I'm hoping S3 will be something of a return to form now that they've finally jettisoned The Hand stuff in favour of a far more simple, Kingpin driven Born Again adaptation (which is a story I happen to love).

Top Bottom