• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video: Xbox One dash app/game snapping

Looks functional
Ehhh... No live and no active apps means its nearly a mock. A conceptual walkthrough with finalized or near-final UI elements.

Its good to see the manual steps you go through to snap I guess. But I wouldn't use this as a measure of speed or stability.

1. Nobody ever said it was crashing every time you tried to use it.

2. Most of the crashing problems were reportedly having to do with XBL, and this video, among others, have shown the UI while it wasn't online.

3. Are you expecting MS employees to upload videos showing it when or if does crash? This wasn't a live streaming.

ROttc9k.png

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UWIr5HUEP0c

The fact that I'll be able to snap to a game guide on the side is gona be amazing. Woohoo! So glad I pre ordered my Xbox One. Sony will get better later, but I'm loving my PS3 and I can afford to wait a year. o_O

R3TRODYCE

Tom Warren said:
Makes no difference tbh. I ran IE side-by-side running a YouTube video and playing Forza 5 and it worked just fine with the YouTube audio playing alongside the game audio. No lag or stutter switching between them either.

franco-so-good.gif

harSon

Banned
If those Youtube cowards had any balls they'd come and say that shit to our face.

They're being childish and vulgar about it, but they sort of have a point that the shitstorm we had about GAF insider information regarding the state of the Xbox One's OS has proven to be a tad bit unfounded thus far. I suppose the information could have been factual but outdated, or maybe Microsoft has been lucky with these media spotlights.

RS4-

Since COD and whatever else at 720p will look ugly scaled to 1080, this is the real function of Snap

What I should've done was make the KD and personal score more prominent though.

You have to sign in to watch TV? Is that behind Gold or something?

Fair enough sign in for IE or whatever - I mean you need the internet for it of course, but controlling your TV box, really?

Welp, I've heard from guys who heard from a guy that snap is causing tonnes of crashing.

I've seen actual footage of the snap feature not breaking anything, along with app switching and what-not looking perfectly smooth.

I was told by the same people that the interface/app switching being as smooth as in this video and a MS released video is "bullshit" so.......I don't know.........

On another note, is there any footage of PS4 doing anything similar in terms of launching other applications and flicking between them while playing a game?

We know a certain amount of ram is dedicated to the OS, so why do people think using the OS overlay will cause lagging in the game when they have delegated RAM use? That is pretty confusing to me.

fse

Welp, I've heard from guys who heard from a guy that snap is causing tonnes of crashing.

I've seen actual footage of the snap feature not breaking anything, along with app switching and what-not looking perfectly smooth.

I was told by the same people that the interface/app switching being as smooth as in this video and a MS released video is "bullshit" so.......I don't know.........

People love bad news ?

PhatSaqs

Banned
No matter what, it seems certain peeps are determined to believe MS is going to release the console in non-working order...

AmyS

Actually, looks pretty good.

Can only imagine by the time that I'll be prepared to get an X1 in a year or so, it'll be quite a lot better even.

Top Bottom