• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Axiom Verge |OT| Life's A Glitch

drotahorror

I can't believe Jeff Gerstmann liked a game. This has to be a must-buy.

Looking forward to it though, will pick it up when the sale price drops this evening. I bought Hotline Miami 2 before the 10% off price and I should have just waited.

SerTapTap

Since the game's (kinda) launched, Here's my Axiom Verge guide! It's not a walkthrough, but has some spoiler free tips at the top, weapon/tool descriptions/tips, and a map with (most) collectables placed on it (all unique items, missing some minor item locations).

Don't spoil yourself, but it's there when you need it.

steadfast

photo.jpg

ChuckNyce

So the PS Plus discount doesn't show up when you click on the game's page, but if you add it to your cart the discount does show:

16990541942_63eaaa7961_z.jpg

Just bought it for $17.99, downloading now!

jiggles

Banned
I don't know if I can wait until tomorrow for it here in the UK.

Weighing up the cheaper price and playing it RIGHT GODDAMN NOW vs. having it on Vita cross-play at a later date.

I don't even know how the Vita version will turn out. Our maybe it's so good I don't mind a double dip. Hnngh.

SerTapTap

Took a peek at the Axiom Verge Facebook, noticed a few things:
- PC release is claimed to be may? Not sure if that's new or old
- The launch trailer they have is riddled with spoilers--bosses, areas, powers, weapons. Avoid, IMO.
- Jeff Gerstmann has an awesome quote about the game that's put in the trailer, "You think you know how Axiom Verge will play out. You don't." Extremely true.

Weighing up the cheaper price and playing it RIGHT GODDAMN NOW vs. having it on Vita cross-play at a later date.

I don't even know how the Vita version will turn out. Our maybe it's so good I don't mind a double dip. Hnngh.

I would wait and get dat crossbuy IMO. I can't see performance being an issue on Vita, controls will need some retouching but it should play fine. Not my preferred way to play but it'd still be cool to have a native Vita version.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Really looking forward to this one! I'll be grabbing it today. Hopefully the Vita version will be out sooner, rather than later, because these types of games I prefer to play on the go! Can't wait to get home. It'll give me a nice break from Bloodborne tonight.

Labadal

I'll get this during the summer. I'm currently not buying any new games because I'm playing Pillars of Eternity and I already have a planned replay.

In the Giant Bomb QL I believe Jeff said that it's cross buy and if you buy it now you will get the Vita version when it releases.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Just bought it with the PS+ discount, and it is now downloading onto my PS4, which means my wife must have turned the system on and is probably playing Bloodborne, Minecraft, or Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Now the long wait until I get off of work.

Maffis

Is the game not out in Sweden yet? I can't find it anywhere and I can't search for it on the store. The links in this thread just directs me to the swedish ps-store and says the site can't be found...

SerTapTap

Is the game not out in Sweden yet? I can't find it anywhere and I can't search for it on the store. The links in this thread just directs me to the swedish ps-store and says the site can't be found...

Europe gets it tomorrow. Not sure why but US store updates on tuesdays (when our retail stock does), EU does wednesdays.
In the Giant Bomb QL I believe Jeff said that it's cross buy and if you buy it now you will get the Vita version when it releases.

Yeah, it's cross buy, I put that in the OP. It works retroactively.

I'm tempted to just go ahead and buy this on PS4 but if I do I KNOW I will double-dip when the PC version finally releases, so I'm going to be strong and leave the PS4 version on the table. Do we know if the timed exclusivity is due to a Sony deal or is the PC version not done yet?

It started as a PC game. It's all exclusivity stuff, pretty sure the PC game is done. Most people playing preview builds were playing on PC too. I wouldn't worry about the PC one, it'll be out when it can be. Vita version is the only one in active dev that I know of.

Philthy

The OP says UK is 4/1, so maybe you're now part of the UK and get to wait another day, mate.

Cheers.

drotahorror

No sound options in games pissing me off real quick. Game is BANGING SHAKING THE HOUSE from the title screen. I frantically look in options. Nothing.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Screw it. Just bought it since it has the little discount and the developer said they don't plan any sales for six+ months. Looks like a great game and I fine supporting the Dev even if I don't get to it for a while.

Just bought it with the PS+ discount, and it is now downloading onto my PS4, which means my wife must have turned the system on and is probably playing Bloodborne, Minecraft, or Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Now the long wait until I get off of work.

Now where would I go about finding me one of them "coincidentally turning on the PS4 when you need a game to be downloaded" wives?

Turn the volume down on your TV?

lol I have to do that whenever I play Hotline Miami 2. The soundmix on that game is out of control... in a good way, but I still have to make sure I don't drive the neighbors crazy.

Dartastic

Man, I still have a ton of games I need to finish before I jump into this. Bloodborne, Ori, and RE: Revelations 2. Gah. SO MUCH.

Top Bottom