• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
? The last event (before 4 beasts) had a very nice SSR dark weapon though, and a great Albert., Unite & Fight gives you a pretty nice light weapon (well since they are all default light).
The last event required you to get 4 SSR dark weapons to unlock the Big Attack bonus skill though.

My understanding is that you want to basically stack SSR weapons that give Big Attack as a skill. I assume it's why people want this Ifrit Axe, because it offers a "Massive Attack" boost... which I assume is better than "Big" (Japanese games really need to start exposing numbers rather than use adjectives).

I have no Omega SSRs whatsoever, but I have managed to have full SSR grids of "Big Attack" weapons via the events, and most of them have dropped or offered weapons and elements of the big 4 variety.

(Doing some reading, it looks like you have to worry about things like race affinity and trying to match your weapon pool with whatever main SSR summon you are using, but that's so beyond me that I'm not worrying about it. lol)

The advice against starting light/dark is because of the difficulty farming the Omega summons, not events. Even that isn't as big of a deal with the bonus pendants.

Progress for FTP is kind of like

Pick an element after you draw some good SSR characters

Put together a grid of whatever SSR attack up weapons for that element that you can

Refine your grid to contain a balance of normal attack up, Omega attack up, and ex attack up SSR weapons that are fully uncapped (with the majority being Omega boosted by an Omega summon), along with bahamut/cosmic weapons if they fit your team

Kukumalu

Quick question:
Thinking about getting into this game and after reading a bit it looks like the Summer Zooey is pretty OP so my question is, if I start now and buy the beginner pack am I guaranteed to be able to get her?
Everything I've read points to yes but I just want to be sure.

Strimei

For anyone interested, the rebalancing details of certain characters has been released. From the Granblue_en subreddit:

Carmelina: ougi now gives party mirror image; first skill does more damage (more damage again fewer foes); gravity is now 3 minutes

Rackam: Spitfire effect and cap increased, cooldown is 2 turns; durraaaayy is now AoE with added "horror" effect (reduces mode gauge more); 2nd support is now chain burst damage up/break cap/ougi damage up

Lady Grey: dark now does more damage + dark resist down; pain deals dark damage

Albert: ougi gives echo; impulse slash does more damage + light resist down

Anila: 1st skill gives weakness echo (think Naru); 3rd skill gives ougi charge up, debuff resist up, atk up, DA up, crit up

Heles: ougi gives 20% charge; support now gives more atk

Summer Heles: support gives more atk

Cerb: ougi gives self TA rate up; passive gives more TA

Xmas Clarisse: normal mode ougi is alchemic flare; radioactive mode is neutron star

DLF: 2nd skill gives light resist down; 3rd skill is now Revitalize

Silva: Eagle eye breaks ougi damage cap

Sochie: Revitalize on 1st skill

Sieg: special icons + atk up cannot be dispelled

Uno: 1st skill cap increased; 100% cut is now 6 turns cooldown

Sarasa: 1st skill does more damage and cap increased; supports skills combined into one

Siete and Okto: support skills combined into one

Nio: Sleep is now coma (effect is the same but only has a chance of waking up after getting hit)

Esser: bullet does more damage

I've had Carmelina on my wind team since I drew her, as I haven't had tremendous luck with draws (and I don't spend money either so I use whats I got), and I was always happy with her for the most part, though I could tell she was a bit lackluster. But she hit pretty hard (honestly probably the hardest out of my team) and I took the reliable DPS. So I'm happy with the buffs she's getting.

Quick question:
Thinking about getting into this game and after reading a bit it looks like the Summer Zooey is pretty OP so my question is, if I start now and buy the beginner pack am I guaranteed to be able to get her?
Everything I've read points to yes but I just want to be sure.

For peace of mind, you can see the characters available to you before you buy the beginner pack.

Yes, finally halfway to the 10mln rupee trophy, then I dont have to shiny slime and co-op ever again.
C46TWqCW8AAaRpi.jpg:large

Gizuko

Farming this event is a bit tedious, since I can't auto EX Xeno (I think), but I'm having a blast with water Luchador. NM 120 doesn't seem much harder than Maniac either (I'm using Sparta+GW sword for that tho).

Yngwie+Ring ruler is just so good... I kind of want a GW fist now.

If i have a choice between Ifrit summon or Ifrit Halberd weapon what should I get first?
Probably summon since it's one of the good fire ones, but note that just by running some xeno maniac and raids, I already got way over 9 Ifrit summons from golden chest flips.
Seems like high drop rate.

So this is 100% my fault.

I was going to spark Zoey last night. 255/300 cerulean stones. Loaded the mobacoins onto my account for the last few pulls.

Gatcha switches over mid-pull.

I walk out with 275 stones, two gold moons, and a sparkly new De La Fille for my efforts.

Don't be me, Granblue Gaf. Don't be an idiot. Always keep an eye on the gatcha reset.

I was going to spark Zoey last night. 255/300 cerulean stones. Loaded the mobacoins onto my account for the last few pulls.

I walk out with 275 stones, two gold moons, and a sparkly new De La Fille for my efforts.

Don't be me, Granblue Gaf. Don't be an idiot. Always keep an eye on the gatcha reset.
Wouldn't support be able to help you out with this ?
Seems like something they'd fix for you since you bought with $ and stuff.

Ultimadrago

FFUUUUU--

Wouldn't support be able to help you out with this ?
Seems like something they'd fix for you since you bought with $ and stuff.

Honestly I have no idea. My gut says probably not -- because I'm not missing out on anything, I can still pull with the coins. Nothing was in error. I have low key thought about it though.

FFUUUUU--

The De La Fille was the ultimate salt in the wound, honestly.

Gizuko

Do give support a try. They offered to give a Blue orbit back to this redditor who sold it by mistake, after all.
It seems they might have a policy of doing this kind of "goodwill" acts once per account, and I'd say it can't get worse than this (unless you decide to use a gisla as fodder or gold brick an Angel weapon).

Falk

that puzzling face
There's no harm trying, not when it's a couple hours effort at most vs ~10 months saving a spark's worth of crystals.

I sent a request to support using Google translate. Not sure if they can do anything, or would do anything, but you're all right -- it doesn't hurt to try.

Between the event and missing my spark/getting de la fille, this has been a rough couple of Granblue days, lemme tell you.

Frosteey

Neo Member
Account Gone

Hey so, I picked up a starter account here when the English translation first came out, but I haven't played in months, so I thought I'd just give it up if anyone is interested.

SSR list

Andira
Altair
Yngwie
Ghandagoza
Hallassena
Vampy
Cerberus
Eustace
Black Knight

Inventory is garbo since I played pretty casually.

Story progress is like, right after the chapter with Vira, and getting plant lady maybe?

1500 crystals, probably most of my fate episodes still undone.

Never did any starting dash draws or whatever.​

Ok, need to figure out what to do with my rank 51 self

Current chars:

Fire: Clarisse, Alisa, Ghandagoza
Earth: Alethia, Nemone, Caglisotro
Dark: Narumaya

Current summons:

Wind: Anat
Earth: Yggdrasil Omega, Allosaurus
Water: Varuna, Leviathan Omega
Dark: Hades, Celeste Omega
Light: Thor, Luminiera Omega

Right now it's pretty much just trying to do the usual Raid grind and go through the story quests, but kinda lost on where to build. I already got Fire and Earth teams going, and want to go start making a dark team. But also need to know how to make my fire and earth teams stronger.

Ok, need to figure out what to do with my rank 51 self

I think your Earth team is in a good position with Nemone and Caglisotro so I'd tell you to keep building on that. Yggdrasil is also probably the easiest magna to MVP once you are strong enough, so building your grid is going to be easier. Try to aim for 5-6 magna swords and skill them all up to lvl10 before you start uncapping each sword; you'll get a decent power boost with that.

You've got a good summon for a end-game dark grid in Hades. if you eventually want to branch into dark it wouldn't be misplaced to start spending your pedants on Celeste Axes and Claws, which are much harder to come by due to lower drop rates in Celeste/Lumi raids. If you didn't manage to get the dark sword from the last story event (Albert's) do try to get the dark staff in the upcoming shadowverse event, which would likely have an unknown modifier.

Important note: Don't neglect co-op! You'll want for those blue sky crystals and other loots eventually.

Contacted support, got a response, replied again, and got another response.

Basically, they can't do anything about it, which is expected. Unfortunate, but expected.

From what I can glean from the auto-translate, they can't reverse the cerulean stones, or give me a refund, and I got this little ditty:

万が一、ご連絡内容が異なる場合には、お手数をおかけし申し訳ございませんが、再度お問い合わせ内容を詳細にご明記の上、ご連絡いただけますようお願いいたします。

引き続き「グランブルーファンタジー」をよろしくお願いいたします。

Which, from google translate:

By any chance, in case you plan to contact the contents are different, there is no excuse to cause trouble, on top of the detail you specify the inquiry again, thank you for your contact.

We continue to thank you, "Grand Blue fantasy".

Sounds like they're telling me to piss off, hahaha.

EDIT:

The full thing at the pastebin link if anyone's curious --

http://pastebin.com/6H2qvu2p

MrCinos

My current setup: 3 light party members + Lady Grey (because I love her def debuff and she's my only other SSR character).

Vermeil is just a rare, but at my current stage he does respectable damage, especially his charge attack + he has the ability to change his element to suit enemy!s weakness.

I love Amira's SSJ mode where she starts dealing double damage, half of it becomes dark though. Since I have a better pool of light weapons than that of any other element I decided to focus on Light first. Unless I draw someone really broken soon.

With that in mind, what specials/raids should I farm at my current rank (39-40) when I don't need something specific? Angel Halo and Lminiera Omega?

And speaking of something specific, where can I get champion merits (for character level unlocks) the easiest way at my rank?

wilstreak

My current setup: 3 light party members + Lady Grey (because I love her def debuff and she's my only other SSR character).

Vermeil is just a rare, but at my current stage he does respectable damage, especially his charge attack + he has the ability to change his element to suit enemy!s weakness.

I love Amira's SSJ mode where she starts dealing double damage, half of it becomes dark though. Since I have a better pool of light weapons than that of any other element I decided to focus on Light first. Unless I draw someone really broken soon.

With that in mind, what specials/raids should I farm at my current rank (39-40) when I don't need something specific? Angel Halo and Lminiera Omega?

And speaking of something specific, where can I get champion merits (for character level unlocks) the easiest way at my rank?

try to reach rank 50 and you can start leeching proto-Baha
you will get many champion and supreme merit that you will get irritated everytime they drop.

MrCinos

Class points are becoming sparse and I don't have enough to learn a new class. Is it a good idea to trade 1000 pendants (I've 1100 atm) for one gold moon to get 2500 CP?

ohlawd

What do you mean, what weekly and bonus cap, for what?
Well, there's a 2000 weekly cap for pendants and another 500 each for bringing Rs and SRs into raids. 3000 total. People usually buy two omega weapons in the shop for 5000 each per month. That leaves 2000 pendants left for you to save up or use for whatever. Buying the monthly gold moon is always worth it.

read this. I found it helpful when I first started out
http://pastebin.com/DydB5F4Y

Class points are becoming sparse and I don't have enough to learn a new class. Is it a good idea to trade 1000 pendants (I've 1100 atm) for one gold moon to get 2500 CP?

Please dont do that.

There numerous opportunities to get CP from events (even just this recent event you can trade items for CP) and also you can trade for CP from the rotating events in the shop treasure trade, and you can get cp from co-op, and cp probably from the event starting soon.

New SSR Fire zeta confirmed debuting in legfes, along with a new legfes limited character (Speculated to be orchid)

New SSR Summon in legfes -- Rose Queen.

Man, Luna's Parents are so much more creepier than Lady Dark's obsession with her dead husband.

Well, crazy thing is that in Shadowverse there is also a character that is obsessed with her dead husband...and is trying to revive him...

Yeah, Shadowverse is pretty bleak, Alisa is literally the only relatively happy/normal char.

Nightmare feels so easy this event, for two of them (NM 60 and NM 100), I didnt even have to use an elixir, NM 120 I did but that was at 6%.

I hate Mordecai's attack that deals plain damage even when Im protected by skills that makes me impervious to damage and effects.

TUSR

Banned
Nightmare feels so easy this event, for two of them (NM 60 and NM 100), I didnt even have to use an elixir, NM 120 I did but that was at 6%.

I hate Mordecai's attack that deals plain damage even when Im protected by skills that makes me impervious to damage and effects.

I should hope so as a light main with your grid!

ohlawd

would be pretty dumb to not at least use a gold moon or two on CP to get started on unlocking a whole bunch of T1-T3 classes. we're talking about a person who's just starting out.

unless lol you think using 1-2 moons when you're new is gonna harm your progression at endgame.

would be pretty dumb to not at least use a gold moon or two on CP to get started on unlocking a whole bunch of T1-T3 classes. we're talking about a person who's just starting out.

unless lol you think using 1-2 moons when you're new is gonna harm your progression at endgame.

Even when I was new i've never used moons for CP purposes. I saved them for T4.

Using it for T1-3 is a waste especially when they can be easily acquired through event purchases, like the current one or the story
scenario coming up after this.

I personally don't recommend it.

Verelios

Not really, by the time I had done all of T1, I had enough CP for some T3 jobs, doing all of T2, I had enough for any T3 jobs and by now I have so much I'm drowning trying to pass Co-op for T4 jobs. There's really not much reason to use moons for CP when you can do an event and get 400-500 casually.

occelinho

Stopped playing sometime last year cause I had no time for it anymore, but that's over now and I want to play again.

Really looking forward to all the changes that propably happened over time!

Top Bottom