• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2013 - best E3 ever?

- PS4 unveil
- Xbox 720 unveil
- Smash Bros. 4 screens
- Mario Universe playable
- Mario Kart U playable

+ dozens of things we have no idea about yet

After the lackluster E3s of the past (USHER KINECT DANCE WOOOOOOO!) this is gonna be great! I cannot wait!

JDSN

Banned
Give me Retro Studios, Just Cause 3 and whatever the hell Julian Gollop is working on and im set.

LuuKyK

Its really shaping up to be awesome. Its about time though. It has been terrible for the last two years, so I really hope it delivers this year.

1-D_FTW

Not sure E3 is capable of that anymore. It's a corpse of its former corpse.

Also, it seems like XBox and Playstation will be unveiled before then.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
sure they will reveal the consoles before e3 like they did last time my big thing i want to know more about but might not get any info for is dark souls 2 everything else is just icing on the cake

Gabeking

- PS4 unveil
- Xbox 720 unveil
- Smash Bros. 4 screens
- Mario Universe playable
- Mario Kart U playable

+ dozens of things we have no idea about yet

After the lackluster E3s of the past (USHER KINECT DANCE WOOOOOOO!) this is gonna be great! I cannot wait!

Is that even confirmed?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
- PS4 unveil
- Xbox 720 unveil

I think it's highly likely one or both will be revealed before E3 at their own events, for just games in general E3 has become less important with more announcements arriving before and after, so as much as MS might try to hype up E3 I can see the really big announcements happening on their own.

But E3 will be great for other unveilings, games ideally, we know a few things Nintendo is going to show off, and we will likely see what Sony and Microsoft first parties are up to.

Derrick01

Banned
I'll say the same thing that I said in the last thread we had about this a couple of months ago. Stop doing this to yourselves every year.

donny2112

No (to question in title). Expect 720/PS4 unveil prior to E3 with maybe first playable demos at E3. E3 is no longer the concentrated news source that it used to be, so as a consequence, it cannot be the best E3 ever.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I think it's highly likely one or both will be revealed before E3 at their own events, for just games in general E3 has become less important with more announcements arriving before and after, so as much as MS might try to hype up E3 I can see the really big announcements happening on their own.

But E3 will be great for other unveilings, games ideally, we know a few things Nintendo is going to show off, and we will likely see what Sony and Microsoft first parties are up to.

This. GDC is console time.

ffdgh

Well heck after that direct I'm hype for e3 since it seems nintendo has woken up.

And for the new ps/xbox consoles too

Cesar

Banned
Sony HAS to open the conference with a new The Last Guardian trailer and release date. They can't show it after all the PS4 wizard's jizz.

DJIzana

If Versus XIII and TLG actually make it to E3 I'd consider this the best E3 in a HELL of a long time, personally.

Iwata dropped WAY too many epic bombs today. Words cannot describe that kind of awesomeness.

Gorillaz

We might get more then a screen shot but a full fledge trailer of Smash 4? Naw I see it being like a 10 second teaser hinting at a new character.

guek

Banned
I'd be willing to bet cold hard cash that at least one of the next hardware reveals will feel half baked and receive a lukewarm reception

but to answer the question, I think it'll be the best E3 we've gotten in recent memory, in the past 3-4 years.

Tan

No (to question in title). Expect 720/PS4 unveil prior to E3 with maybe first playable demos at E3. E3 is no longer the concentrated news source that it used to be, so as a consequence, it cannot be the best E3 ever.

Expecting something like this.

Top Bottom