• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu news (02/22) - Etrian Oddysey IV 3DS (July 5th), Persona 4 Vita (June 14th)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
...You better cancel those scans. They aren't allowed here!
QUICK!

the best change is seeing the enemy models on the map. is it just for foes? let's hope for some good animation.

not that good. once stuck you were forced to trial and error your way through. pretty annoying. it wasn't needed to finish the game at least.

I came to see the sailing segment of III as a puzzle minigame. Figuring out how to use your limited moves to navigate the obstacles of currents and such so you can unlock new boss fights.

The classes revealed so far in IV seem to be just renames of those from I and II. I liked the new stuff they introduced in III, hope IV's are just as innovative.

I crank up the Koshiro every time I enter this thread. SO GOOD.

Hahaha...

Probably not.

I hate story-lite titles generally speaking but EO somehow hooked me. Even with the relatively poor system it does have. I guess there's just something about it that made me want to sit down and figure the games out and that in itself has fueled my interest in the games for way longer than otherwise expected.

I really do hope that they finally try to weave more of a story into it.

The game itself was story. The fights, the FOES, the traps, the party building, the music, the journey, the victory, the death...to see what lies beyond. An abstract narrative for an abstract playtime.

Who cares about the top-screen graphics? Look at those mapping options.

Yeah, tons of imagination spawned from what was given. It is a throwback, of course. :D

You know, considering how the JP version of Persona 2 Innocent Sin on PSP had a mission editor that allowed players to create custom quests and share them with friends, can you imagine such a feature in an EO game? Map maker tool to create dungeons and share them with friends, complete with quests! :eek:

ohgodohsshitohshitohgodohgodohgodasdfasdfasdfasdf

I came to see the sailing segment of III as a puzzle minigame. Figuring out how to use your limited moves to navigate the obstacles of currents and such so you can unlock new boss fights.

The classes revealed so far in IV seem to be just renames of those from I and II. I liked the new stuff they introduced in III, hope IV's are just as innovative.

I was cool on the sailing due to equating it with less brutal indifferent Labyrinth floors in the main game. Gimme 30 and I'll be more than fine with more like that.

Zenaku

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but it seems EO4 will have a limited edition "Famitsu DX Pack", featuring:

- A 51.5cm x 72.8cm tapestry, featuring a piece of art from Himukai, Nagasawa and Yamamoto

- 4 clear files featuring character and scenery illustrations (A4 size)

- A mug cup featuring an illustration by Himukai

Add to that a soundtrack with pre-orders. I really hope it makes its way to eBay, because I can't pass up that tapestry or cup.

http://ebten.jp/p/7015012070501/

The teaser site is up now too.

http://sq4.atlusnet.jp/

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but it seems EO4 will have a limited edition "Famitsu DX Pack", featuring:

- A 51.5cm x 72.8cm tapestry, featuring a piece of art from Himukai, Nagasawa and Yamamoto

- 4 clear files featuring character and scenery illustrations (A4 size)

- A mug cup featuring an illustration by Himukai

Add to that a soundtrack with pre-orders. I really hope it makes its way to eBay, because I can't pass up that tapestry or cup.

http://ebten.jp/p/7015012070501/

The teaser site is up now too.

http://sq4.atlusnet.jp/

Erm, wow. I'm assuming this means good things for the NA release. Atlus will probably give us the soundtrack and something else...

Don

Just seen some of the Persona 4: The Golden scans.

Gardening and building a snowman with Nanako! I'm really interested in seeing how they fit all of these new events in.

Hopefully once Atlus USA announces their release date, Ghostlight (or whoever picks it up) will announce a PAL release not long after. We managed to get Persona 2 less than two months after the US release so I hope they can do something similar for this game.

Top Bottom