• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Gamescom press conference; August 20th 7PM CET, 6PM UK

stryke

kudos to Bundy.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/sony-gamescom-press-conference-confirmed/0119240

Sony will be showing off more about PS4 at Gamescom this year, starting with a press conference before the world's biggest games show.

The platform holder will once again host its conference on the Tuesday before the show (August 20th), returning to the Saatenhaus am Rheinpark in Cologne.

The conference will kick off at 7pm Central European Time (6pm in the UK), while doors will open at 6pm CET.

iBaDbQd5rlBXQ.gif

10am Pacific / 1pm Eastern if anyone was going to want to follow it live in the States.

Hoo-doo

Banned
More PS4, fuck yes.

Excited to see what they are going to bring to GC.
Maybe some more of those 20 first-year exclusives will be shown.

Hype.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Doubt we'll see many new things at this press conference. But it would be awesome if they showed some new PS4 titles.

Kagari, Verendus, DemonNite assemble, we need some teasing to build up the hyyyype!! And Sony, don't forget to bring some Colony Wars to good old shermany.

;)

zeopower6

Is it open to the public? If so, that's not surprising.

I believe so. It's like Tokyo Game Show more than E3, I guess?

Doubt we'll see many new things at this press conference. But it would be awesome if they showed some new PS4 titles.

It's Gamescom's first major Sony home console, so we will have to see... hope we see some new PS4 and Vita titles :D

Into

They have to announce the release date, waiting to do it for TGS is way too late.

Doubt we will see many new games, maybe some indies will get promoted.

I would be surprised if there are not several new games shown. It is clear there are a lot of PS4 games due in 2014 and we know about very few of them. There have been several events in Europe showing PS4 launch titles, it would not go down well if all Sony show is the same again.

jgmo870

Banned
This is when they usually show their non-blockbusters, isn't it? That's what they had last year so I'm pretty excited.

Expecting release date and at least one new game announcement. Launch line-up after the show via PR.

Can 't see it getting too exciting at this point.

Carl

Yes. I shall be watching. Yes. I like Gamescom because it means this actually is on at a decent time. Unlike E3 :p

ZeroFate

Whoa I just moved like 45 mins from Cologne, had no idea they had an annual gaming conference there. If it is indeed open to the public I know where I'll be on the 20th!! :D

fixuis

Kagari, Verendus, DemonNite assemble, we need some teasing to build up the hyyyype!! And Sony, don't forget to bring some Colony Wars to good old shermany.

;)

Oh yes please!! A new colony wars would be awesome indeed!! Along with a Nex gen warhawk and Mag 2!! Make it happen Sony like only you can!!

Joni

Whoa I just moved like 45 mins from Cologne, had no idea they had an annual gaming conference there. If it is indeed open to the public I know where I'll be on the 20th!! :D
The press conference isn't open to the public, and it is not that interesting. Demo's are only the day after.

DieH@rd

Banned

20th is day before conference starts officially
21st is the day for the press to roam on the showfloor comfortably
22-25th are public days, filled to the brink with sweaty fans

crowd610.jpg

crowd_of_visitors_at_azkvf.jpg

Joni

WHY.jpg

I guess I'll just catch the stream with the rest of you non-German based people. ;_;

So you want to sit in a huge aula on some folding chairs to see game trailers projected on a screen far away? It is easier to follow at home. The food was excellent though.

Last year's conference was better than E3
Being there isn't that interesting compared to following it at home.

Peeete

Since I read 2 comments from famousmortimer here on GAF the last 2 days regarding Sony's surprise on Gamescom I have really high hopes that Sony will announce oculus rift support for PS4. This would be so amazing.

Top Bottom