• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem 3DS coming to NA

Somnid

It definitely looks like they weren't planning on talking about anything past 2012. So AC is probably 2013 as well. Oh well, a bit late but I'm happy.

1QGZN.gif

Well, if you harass those guys long enough they will eventually tell you something you want to hear. We had Pikmin 3 coming for the last couple of years, too.

Emitan

Before: "why didnt they show this at the conference!" complains:

who cares

you know about it. The conference has many different types of audience in mind, im ok with after-conf announcement since the people who are enthusiasts about this kind of stuff get easy access to this news.

on that note: fuck yeah

They could have just said "We know you've waiting this long... yes Fire Emblem is coming to the West." and then ended it. That's all they had to do.

Christian

When did publishers begin losing their GOT DAMN MINDS? Put it on your PR list of releases, but it in a teaser video, MENTION IT IN A PRESS CONFERENCE. Take THREE SECONDS to say "Fire Emblem is coming to North America." You're already having the conference, it's just more advertising for software you're releasing. God almighty, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!

Vanille

Totally bizzare that they couldn't even spare 30 seconds to announce this, especially with how well it's doing in Japan.

Gisk

Banned

who cares

you know about it, the conference has many different types of audience in mind, im ok with after-conf announcement since the people who are enthusiasts about this kind of stuff get easy access to this news.

Salsa I haven't been around GAF this long, but are people normally this whiny and bitchy around E3?

It seems like no-one is happy, even with loads of games coming to every console.

Also, FUCK YEAH FIRE EMBLEM!

iammeiam

Did the big 3 have some kind of contest this year to see who could lose E3 the hardest? Is the backlash from the announcing announcements convincing them not to announce anything anymore? Is that why we're finding out about Nintendo's games outside of their conferences?

I don't understand this E3.

I don't understand it at all.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

who cares

you know about it, the conference has many different types of audience in mind, im ok with after-conf announcement since the people who are enthusiasts about this kind of stuff get easy access to this news.

See, here's the thing--on the one hand, I agree. Announcements are announcements. Hell, they could not do the announcements at all and just release the games and it wouldn't make a difference. A year later the conferences are basically a joke you laugh at and the games are there for you to actually play and everything is awesome.

On the other hand, if Nintendo's official MO is to waste everyone's time in conferences and then announce a bunch of low-key shit ten minutes later, then I'm going to stop watching the conferences and just check GAF ten minutes later :p

They could have just said "We know you've waiting this long... yes Fire Emblem is coming to the West." and then ended it. That's all they had to do.

They didn't need to say anything, they could just use the logo slide at the end to put up a half-dozen logos and it would have pacified 99% of the immediate reactions.

Codeblue

E3 redeemed.

Of all the wasted time across their four shows, they couldn't slip the logo into the upcoming games list?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So it takes a year to localize a game now? Not like it would cannibalize sales as the people that want FE are going to get it either way and the casuals were never going to get FE anyways.

Kusagari

So, Reggie's just going around to all the journalists at the conference and going "By the way, Fire Emblem's coming!"?

What the hell?

Hell yeah, I'm ready for this. They should have dedicated a small section of the conference to "Upcoming games" or something like that, they seriously messed up. Tons of people are gonna be happy.

Salsa

On the other hand, if Nintendo's official MO is to waste everyone's time in conferences and then announce a bunch of low-key shit ten minutes later, then I'm going to stop watching the conferences and just check GAF ten minutes later :p

Oh I agree on that point. They mislead the fuck out of it, and it makes me mad.

But I totally understand why they would decide not to show these types of games in the conference (though a logo would work).

The people who care about this game now know about it.

Hiltz

... Why the FUCK wasn't this at the conference?!

I'm happy it's coming (if true) but god damn it!

Common sense is lacking at E3. Nintendo is so oblivious as to what they think fans would really want to here. It's like pulling teeth.

Alex

Yay!

Until it's proved to be false at some point down the line, then boo.

Really why couldn't they have at least tossed up it's logo on the screen with the others if this was true? 2013, I guess?

Top Bottom