• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

madjoki

Has this been posted yet?

Transferring wallet is essentially a form of Steam-related business in my country. Shady business, of course.

I think it was posted couple of months ago in form of leak from steam translation server.

But during last maintenance they pushed some code for it (css / image).

Looks like allowed range is $5-$100 (or regional equivalent), accepting might cause market lock,

Elex is massive! I dont know how PB has such a small workforce. There are so many quests and so many lines of dialogue that are all voice acted in at least one language but possibly German as well. It really is insane.

Tomasety

Has this been posted yet?

Transferring wallet is essentially a form of Steam-related business in my country. Shady business, of course.

I totally agree with you.
In any case, someday I would love to know what Valve thought about giving users this new gitfing method. As I see it, this feature encourages card farmers business (both devs and users relating to it) to grow even more and provides an easy solution for everybody on steam to transfer money to paypal/bank etc. I expect steam card gifts to become a new heavy currency to trade as soon as they are available.

Because let's be honest. I believe almost everbody that has an immense amount of wallet would glady transfer it to their bank account.

stanbucks_4456.png

Aaron D.

The Game-side EW2 best since SH2 (lol) inspired me to reinstall Alien: Isolation to help get in the holiday spirit.

Feels good man.

Beat the game way back when but never did dive into the DLC. I know Crew Expendable and Last Survivor were well received and feature voice talent / likenesses from the original movie, so I'm gonna dig into those after I reacclimate the controls & game systems with the opening sections of the main game. I understand that the story DLC hits the ground running and I imagine I'd get wrecked pretty quick going in cold.

Going back through the opening sequences, I'm reminded all over again just how atmospheric the game was. Holy cow it's a monster in recreating the tone of the first Alien movie. I was just touring through the first ship, looking over all the details. I noticed how all the tech gadgets laying about had this chunky '70s look. Like a precursor iPad that was a thick, heavy notebook with a cathode screen and physical dials & switches. The perfect marriage of analog & future tech.

Christ that game was a labor of love.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I got a 50% off code for Civ VI Digital Deluxe edition

So tempted but there's so many games I haven't even started yet, AND AC Origins next week

Mifec

The Game-side EW2 best since SH2 (lol) inspired me to reinstall Alien: Isolation to help get in the holiday spirit.

Feels good man.

Beat the game way back when but never did dive into the DLC. I know Crew Expendable and Last Survivor were well received and feature voice talent / likenesses from the original movie, so I'm gonna dig into those after I reacclimate the controls & game systems with the opening sections of the main game. I understand that the story DLC hits the ground running and I imagine I'd get wrecked pretty quick going in cold.

Going back through the opening sequences, I'm reminded all over again just how atmospheric the game was. Holy cow it's a monster in recreating the tone of the first Alien movie. I was just touring through the first ship, looking over all the details. I noticed how all the tech gadgets laying about had this chunky '70s look. Like a precursor iPad that was a thick, heavy notebook with a cathode screen and physical dials & switches. The perfect marriage of analog & future tech.

Christ that game was a labor of love.

I wish I could make myself replay it but the game is needlessly long and the atmosphere doesn't hold up till the end. Talk about too much of a good thing.

Whoever mentioned Cave Story's true ending has inspired me to go for it. Turns out "someday" is "right now," 'cause I can't get enough Cave Story right now. Cave Story is sooo goooooood!

Apparently that path is harder than the base game so I'm probably gonna die. Period. (Using zxc + ad is KILLER on the hands.) And in terms of gameplay, getting the "normal" ending was difficult enough...
I got a 50% off code for Civ VI Digital Deluxe edition

So tempted but there's so many games I haven't even started yet, AND AC Origins next week

Exact same situation.

I have too many games to explain why I have too many games. (I'm pretty sure that's how the saying goes.)

Kudo

Heads up, Destiny 2 Deluxe Edition is 76€ at GMG with the coupon.
Cheapest it has been, doubt it'll go further.

Heads up, Destiny 2 Deluxe Edition is 76€ at GMG with the coupon.
Cheapest it has been, doubt it'll go further.

That is $112.86 CAD! I can put a down payment on a house with that.

edit. what is the coupon? I tried SUCHWOW10 as that is my latest email but that didnt work.

Kudo

Well GMG already is 15% off and the email says "use coupon SUCHWOW10 to get Destiny 2 15% off" so it probably isnt valid on it.

It's 85€ without the coupon. They had 5% off before they raised that to 15% today and with the coupon it's 25% off.
Thus 76€.

It's 85€ without the coupon. They had 5% off before they raised that to 15% today and with the coupon it's 25% off.
Thus 76€.

hmm, maybe its a Euro thing then, as 15% off for me (USD to CAD) is still slightly cheaper than 25% (euro converted to CAD) Oh well was worth a try.

Saty

Start and end dates for the Steam Halloween, Black Friday and Winter sales have been leaked on Reddit, and we've independently corroborated them as correct.

The remaining Steam sales in 2017 are:

Steam Halloween Sale: Thursday 26th October to Wednesday 1st November
Steam Black Friday Sale: Wednesday 22nd November to Tuesday 28th
Steam Winter Sale: Thursday 21st December to Thursday 4th January 2018
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...een-black-friday-and-winter-sale-dates-leaked

DoomGyver

Haven’t bought a steam game yet, but my wishlist is in the 20s. Next sale is Halloween right? Does their Christmas sale have larger discounts? I’m not building a pc until spring but I plan to get in on some sales before then so I have a good library to start with.

Sarcasm

Haven’t bought a steam game yet, but my wishlist is in the 20s. Next sale is Halloween right? Does their Christmas sale have larger discounts? I’m not building a pc until spring but I plan to get in on some sales before then so I have a good library to start with.

If you don't have anything that can play something right now, then wait.

wol93

Banned

I don't even see that mentioned anywhere lol...

Well you have summer and winter. I was asking if it is going to be 60% again as it is now and they already changed how deals go awhile back.

Dunno if halloween sale is a big sale..so I left it out.

Compared to previous years sales, which are the ones that have larger discounts? Black Friday sales or winter sales?

Jawmuncher

Should I be excited for this and/or would it be a better buy to get than Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization/.hack//GU Last Recode?

Sword art should be last on priorities unless you’re a big beater

Any chance this gets crossplay with Switch or PS4 (not gonna be both for obvious reasons)? I wanna get it but I'm worried about the longevity of the online community.

People should start bringing this up now to arcsys

Compared to previous years sales, which are the ones that have larger discounts? Black Friday sales or winter sales?

For sales on Steam I think Valve recommends publishers use the same discount for both sales. It's not a requirement but they both end up being about the same and there's no way to tell if a specific game will have a better discount for one or the other inlet the publisher says what they're doing beforehand.

Summer and Winter...don't think steam itself has black friday.

The Autumn sale starts around Thanksgiving/Black Friday. Last year it was November 23rd to the 29th.

Top Bottom