• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

derFeef

ain't no sunshine Vinny's gone

holy-sht.gif

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I don’t like playing online really, especially online racing, and GT Sport legit might be my favorite racer of all time.

I don’t know how they did it. I can come in 16th online and it feels exhilarating. I spent two hours in scapes mode just last night. It’s an incredible game.

derFeef

I don’t like playing online really, especially online racing, and GT Sport legit might be my favorite racer of all time.

I don’t know how they did it. I spent two hours in scapes mode just last night. It’s an incredible game.

It's the Journey of Racing Games.

Oakinn

TBF going back to it now I feel like it would be a little bit diminished if you go into the game looking out for it?

I'm usually not one to care about spoilers too much though so I dunno how I would feel if I did go into it looking out for it.

I wasnt going to play Nier until I heard that spoiler. I thought it sounded awesome and I wanted to see it for myself. I'm probably in the minority though

BTA

I wasnt going to play Nier until I heard that spoiler. I thought it sounded awesome and I wanted to see it for myself. I'm probably in the minority though

I think even as someone who’s very averse to spoilers because I’m bad at forgetting them, there are definitely times when this has been the case for me, even with some games I was already interested in playing.

But weren’t the circumstances of it (I haven’t seen/listened to it) something like him thinking he was talking about a joke ending and then just dropping the final ending? Which I can see being really annoying if you’re in the middle of playing it.

I’m surprised I’m still relatively unspoiled for Automata beyond
knowing some stuff about the save deletion happening again at the end and how that works, A2 maybe being tied to Kaine (which seems to only be hinted in game anyway), the twins returning, and like... 9S probably wanting to kill 2B because everyone likes to joke about the **** thing as if it’s not incredibly fucking obvious what the other word there would be (unless I’m wrong in which case, gj). Oh and the strangling thing. For a similar reason of everyone joking about it.

Curufinwe

I wasn't spoiled, but the big fuss people made about it meant that when I got to that part, it was an anti-climax.
I gave up on trying to beat it without help just after the 8-4 part of the credits rolled.

There was no force applied sir. Jeff merely had to whisper "emulation history discussion" and he had the headphones on.

Jeff: Hey Peter! Do you want to come on the bombcast for a bit and talk about a few things...maybe about GT: Sport?
Peter: I don't know Jeff, I'd love to but I have a meeting I have to prepare for and a couple of other things I need to....
Jeff: We can also talk about Analogue Super NT and FPGA emulation..
Peter:
uu9pmDP.gif

kiyomi

Listening to Peter Brown talk about Gran Turismo Sport trying to get people to race cleanly and sportingly is killing my brain cells.

If you don't know what you're talking about, shut the fuck upppp.

Oakinn

Listening to Peter Brown talk about Gran Turismo Sport trying to get people to race cleanly and sportingly is killing my brain cells.

If you don't know what you're talking about, shut the fuck upppp.

I literally know nothing about this, care to enlighten?

kiyomi

I literally know nothing about this, care to enlighten?

GTS has introduced an iRacing type system where you're given a safety rating based on how many incidents you get into during a race. It doesn't apportion blame, partly because it would be ludicrously difficult for an algorithm to do so, and partly because it acknowledges that it 'takes two to tango'. Most incidents can be avoided if one party is sensible, etc.

Peter is admonishing the game for trying to convey this spirit of fairness to you (admittedly it sounds as though it's not the best implemented tutorial), and it's just such a frustration to hear him talk about something he clearly doesn't understand. A huge part of real life racing is the idea that you can't do something crazy because, hey, you might actually die. People who play more sim-focused racing games know this and so people who want to emulate the real world take this into account when racing. This kind of system is a huge boon to people who don't want to see their races become destruction derbies which they can so often do, and instead of thinking about why this might actually be a huge improvement in the quality of races, Peter's just completely missing the point.

The discussion about GT between Jeff and Peter was great! Not once did I feel like dozing off. They just need to avoid old games, who knew?

Fake edit
And then old games lol

That sounds fun. Did your friends like it (though I guess they 'died')? I had a verbose post about the politics of GB via Jeff's rare interjections and the site's intentions planned, but this is more in tune with me never ever posting on GAF. Used to RPG with my friends a lot, but we got old.

Yeah they seemed to have a good time

But who won?

Nobody wins

Except I guess the cultists

I really like Peter Brown, I think he is intelligent and knows what he's talking about most of the time and also has a knack for the old stuff like Jeff. He seems to fit in very well every time his is on the Bombcast. I could listen to him and Jeff & Brad talk all day long. I really wish he was the new hire, he would be much better suited there than on GameSpot.

Not that I have anything against Ben, honestly I've been impressed with Ben the last few UPFs because of the old games and watching him kill in Cuphead and Mario World (Except last week with that terrible gold rush game). But man, Peter Brown kills it every time he shows up and is really interesting to listen to and has good chemistry with the crew. It sounds like he also laments everyone over at Gamespot, as they barely sound like they like video games. Peter Brown should move over to Giant Bomb, it would be so much better for everyone. Also I have no umbrage with him regarding the whole Nier spoiler thing too. I honestly don't even remember what he said as I didn't think it was a big deal at the time and since have finished that game and still couldn't tell you what it was that he spoiled.

kiyomi

I really like Peter Brown, I think he is intelligent and knows what he's talking about most of the time and also has a knack for the old stuff like Jeff. He seems to fit in very well every time his is on the Bombcast. I could listen to him and Jeff & Brad talk all day long. I really wish he was the new hire, he would be much better suited there than on GameSpot.

Not that I have anything against Ben, honestly I've been impressed with Ben the last few UPFs because of the old games and watching him kill in Cuphead and Mario World (Except last week with that terrible gold rush game). But man, Peter Brown kills it every time he shows up and is really interesting to listen to and has good chemistry with the crew. It sounds like he also laments everyone over at Gamespot, as they barely sound like they like video games. Peter Brown should move over to Giant Bomb, it would be so much better for everyone. Also I have no umbrage with him regarding the whole Nier spoiler thing too. I honestly don't even remember what he said as I didn't think it was a big deal at the time and since have finished that game and still couldn't tell you what it was that he spoiled.

He can join GiantBomb so long as he's not allowed to talk about racing games. :p

I like Jeff's approach to GTS. He very openly acknowledges it's not the kind of game he wants, but admits it's for particular people.

He can join GiantBomb so long as he's not allowed to talk about racing games. :p

I like Jeff's approach to GTS. He very openly acknowledges it's not the kind of game he wants, but admits it's for particular people.

Jeff said the same thing about Dark Souls when he at the NYU Game Center talking about his experience in Game Journalism.

I haven't listened to the newest bombcast yet, hopefully on my commute home today, but it seems like people are having an issue with him about car stuff... meh, I don't really care about Gran Turismo (nor have I really ever other than 1 when it came out and the rally stuff in 3) I really miss the more arcade-y type of racing games, I think the Horizon series is more my style. I jumped on with last years Horizon 3 and had a decent time with it. But man, I really miss games like the San Francisco Rush series! Why can't someone bring that game back, I loved the floaty aspects of how the cars felt flying up hills and jumps. Even Rush 2049 was rad.

old video games are dumb and so is talking about ways in which scanlines can look better

Its too bad about the timing though.

Also that old games/hardware stuff from Peter is pretty good due to the passion, i laughed so hard when he talked about showing his girlfriend the lack of latency on his new kit even when she doesn't give a shit LOLOL

Plus its nice seeing someone else being able to bounce off Jeff when it comes to that topic.

oti

Banned

I find it super tiresome whenever they talk about emulation for more than 10-15 minutes. Them talking about old games is fine, but I feel like that one 8-4 episode with a retro enthusiast broke me. They talked about retro tech for an eternity.

I wonder what kind of features Peter would bring.

I like the retro games talk. I don't know much about any of it, so it's always fascinating to hear.

Jeff's passion for old games is the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom