• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to get back into SFV, but I'm too tired after work to put in any work. Adulthood has not been kind to me.

One day I'm gonna get bodied engage in battle with ya.

Shy

Afternoon BCT
Morning bct
Mornin' BCT.
Evening.
We gotta do better
Story of our lives.
Oh no. Today is I have to continue watching Iron Fist day.

200.gif

Maybe I'll watch Mystery Science Theater 3000 instead.
You just gotta power through it Fawful.
The last dream I had involved seeing my reflection in a mirror in a darkened rusty room turn into a horrific smile then I got sucked into a black whirlwind inside the room.

So that was awful.
cmf7hDd.gif

Izuna

Banned
My colleague has used almost every general race except white in his examples of people to look out for (stealing in the store).

🤔🤔🤔

No hate tho

A few kids all came up, took something, waited like 5 minutes and returned it.

Just trying to get home guys...

~~~

First time I threw away a Chicken Salad sandwich. Fucking, for the first time the Mayonnaise was obviously there. Now I am afraid of my favourite sandwich, thanks Sainsbury's

Kreed

Damn, that sucks. How bad did the posts get?

Is it silly that Shinobi gets to make a couple dozen threads about anything Mass Effect related and no one bats an eye, yet one single thread with a different site's impressions gets piled on with this "confirmation bias" nonsense too?

It's getting more and more clear that some you are totally incapable of self awareness.

Yeah...but his latest "I played 3 hours of Andromeda and..." thread felt a bit...gross. There's also the fact that I don't think he discloses how he got his hands on a copy. I'm not saying, "RAWR! Bioware is manipulating us!"

I'm just saying there's not a whole lot of transparency other than..."Oh that Shinobi! He's such a super-fan, that guy!"

That cat starts a good many threads about Andromeda.

To be fair, Shinboi is far from an unbiased source on all things Mass Effect.

I'm sorry I like Shinobi, but he's quite clearly a marketing arm of Bioware. He has all the latest scoops and is cozy with a number of their developers, even though he does not have a real official capacity or be in the know. Reading his impressions as anything else than PR is a bad idea, in my opinion.

Merc_

How did the whole Andromeda animations stuff turn into such incredible hostility? It all seemed to just start out as a bunch of folks having a laugh over poorly done character animations. Now people are harassing each other and just being general dickheads.

We can never have nice things it seems.

LionPride

Banned
How did the whole Andromeda animations stuff turn into such incredible hostility? It all seemed to just start out as a bunch of folks having a laugh over poorly done character animations. Now people are harassing each other and just being general dickheads.

We can never have nice things it seems.
On video game board
For some reason think video games are that serious
???
Loss of hope and gaining of despair

Zekes!

I feel like the Bioware fanbase has always had some latent hostility and shittyness

There was that female writer who got harrassed by people, and of course the whole Mass Effect 3 ending thing. There's probably other examples as well

Or maybe it's just another example of "nerd" or "geek" culture being shitty and insufferable

LionPride

Banned
Yep. Something can't just be janky and funny and charming.

Have to ruin everything for everybody so that the whole world knows ya hate something.
Yep, I may always talk shit about the DCEU movies or X-Men movies, but my goal isn't ti make someone feel bad for liking them.

Gamers here want people to feel bad for liking what they don't like because reasons

You just gotta power through it Fawful.

cmf7hDd.gif

:D

Is it bad that I'm starting to enjoy aspects of the show, as long as Danny isn't on screen? I swear the guy can not stop.

"Where did you train?"
"In Heaven."
"Okkkaaayyy bye."
"Was it something I said?"

"What is this symbol?"
"Shou-Lao the Undying...a dragon."
"Okkkkaaaaayyy bye."
"Was it something I said?"

DANNNYYYY STOOPPPPPP

I feel like it has potential, but they need new writers and a new showrunner. And they need to watch Every Frame a Painting's video on Jackie Chan and how to shoot action. 56 cuts for a 35 second fight scene in TERRIBLE TRASH.

So the right, nazies, and Glenn Beck is going in on Tomi Lauren for being Pro Choice.

Being a white man trumps being a white woman every time, Tanya Lasagna.

Has Ann Coulter ever said anything about a woman's right to choose? I figure that privately she's pro choice (or at least pro birth control), since she's never had any children.

And IMHO Shaq is a flat earther because either 1) he thinks he's tall enough to see to the end of the earth or 2) he really believes he's a rapping genie.

Been playing video games for almost 30 years and have never gotten angry at another person over the quality of a game.

Something is wrong with these people's wiring

I get extremely angry at people for not liking the things I do sometimes. I think it ultimately comes down to insecurity, and the need for validation.

Beefy

Getting pissed at how YouTube restricts LGBT+ vids. Even a girl just petting a cat with a LGBT+ flag drawn on notepad gets restricted.

Hospital called about my $1,340 bill. Need to think of a way to pay it piecemeal or hope that I can get Medicaid soon.

On the bright side, been practicing Birdie and have been making strats for combos and setups with his break time move. I'm learning to love the banana peel and soda can.

Hospital called about my $1,340 bill. Need to think of a way to pay it piecemeal or hope that I can get Medicaid soon.

On the bright side, been practicing Birdie and have been making strats for combos and setups with his break time move. I'm learning to love the banana peel and soda can.
Talk to them about a payment plan. Most hospitals are good about that. Don't fuck up like I did when I was younger and let it go into collections. My credit still hasn't recovered.

Talk to them about a payment plan. Most hospitals are good about that. Don't fuck up like I did when I was younger and let it go into collections. My credit still hasn't recovered.

Thinking about doing that.

But don't mind random white boys saying n*gger or faggot etc. The amount of money people make on YT was a mistake.

No, it's just the wrong people making the money. Those racist fucks don't deserve it.

zeemumu

Watched the first episode of Iron Fist. It's meh. I don't really care much for the source material, but then again I didn't care for Jessica Jones' source material either so that's not an excuse. I don't really like any of these people. I mean, Danny, the dojo instructor, and crazy homeless guy are kinda alright.

Not quite the raging dumpster fire that you guys made it out to be, though.

LotusHD

Banned
Watched the first episode of Iron Fist. It's meh. I don't really care much for the source material, but then again I didn't care for Jessica Jones' source material either so that's not an excuse. I don't really like any of these people. I mean, Danny, the dojo instructor, and crazy homeless guy are kinda alright.

Not quite the raging dumpster fire that you guys made it out to be, though.

I mean, you are only on the first episode.... Even then, what'd you expect, for it to make your computer explode or something lol

All I know, worst Marvel show yet imo

Okay, the first instance of Danny doing something stupid that was endearing and funny happened, in episode 7.

He finally did something more on an Everett K. Ross level of stupidity.

Meachum Sr. going "I swear on the lives of my children that I have nothing to do with Danny Rand" with his fingers and tongue on the line. Right at that moment Danny walks in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom