• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taiko no Tatsujin |Series Discussion Thread| A Donderful World

Koppai

Do you guys think we might see another Taiko game for 3DS this year? I wish we could hack the Wii U to import the Wii U game <_>;

I imported one of the games for my Wii, I pull it out every once in a while and play it still :)

The handheld games are typically on a 2 year cycle while the console games are on a 1 year cycle, so precedent says the next 3DS game is coming next year. Still, I wouldn't say another 3DS game this year, maybe this fall or winter, is totally out of the question. The 3DS games are selling pretty well (at least, that's my understanding) while the Wii U games are underperforming, so it's possible they'll want to shift their resources into the more profitable space. The fact that the 3DS game has been getting consistent DLC releases for close to a year now while the Tokumori had a nearly 3 month gap between this past DLC release and the one before it probably reflects this. Plus, despite next month's DLC for 3DS2 being Namco Original-centric, all the songs it's getting are pretty old, despite there having been a good number of new Namco Originals released for Murasaki and as updates to Kimidori (while Tokumori IS getting them). This could indicate that they're saving them for a new game in the near future.

Still, if were a betting man, I'd count on it next year rather than this year. But you never know.

Aizo

Banned
Should I still buy Taiko 3ds2, or should I wait for the next? I'm sad that I can't get the free dlc now :(

You really didn't miss out on anything when it comes to the free DLC. Only 2 of 3DS2's songs were ever free: Let it Go (which is a default song in Tokumori's song list), and Yukidaruma Tsukurou (which was also free DLC for Tokumori at the same time, so it's possible you might already have it). All the other DLC has always been paid. So at worst, you missed out on one free song that you don't already have.

Aizo

Banned
Oh. I have both of those, yeah. Huh. I thought the dlc was always free first? Just with Tokumori?

Depends on the game. PSP1 and 2's DLC was free and is still free, Wii U1 and 2's DLC starts free and becomes paid, and PSP DX, 3DS2 and iOS Plus all have paid DLC with occasional free tracks.

I guess it's more or less on a game-by-game basis.

edit: not sure why i said 3DS1, that game doesn't have DLC, lol

Aizo

Banned
I'm around 6-7 star songs on hard, and improvement has really slowed.. it's not as fun to play a song several times until I can beat it, and then do the same thing with the next song. Maybe I'll never get to Oni..

My advice, if you're trying to improve, is to not bother trying a single song over and over too often. 99% of the time, I clear a song I couldn't clear before by playing a bunch of other songs for fun, without concern for getting better, then coming back to it later and being able to clear it first try.

Just enjoying the game normally, playing some favorite songs or songs you haven't tried in a while, has been the best recipe for improvement, personally. Building consistency and confidence is key.

Aizo

Banned
Good advice. I wish you could list songs by difficulty. I have trouble finding the next song I'll be able to beat. Lots of failure looking for songs I can beat in that range. I've hit a bit of a wall--I feel like songs got way harder.

Yeah, as far as I know having the ability to sort songs has only been in iOS and PSP DX, for some reason. I guess that they don't want the order they put the songs in to be messed with, so the new and popular songs they want people to see remain the most prominent... or something.

Also, speaking of new and popular songs, Murasaki version update coming next week! I dunno any of the new songs at all though, lol. But some of the new features discussed during the livestream are being phased in, so that's cool.

Aizo

Banned
Makes me even more excited to go play the arcade version again. Also, I want to pay the Touhou songs agaon. So catchy. .

Cranzor

I played using a Tatacon for the first time today and wow, it's weird. I didn't expect to have to hit it nearly as hard as I have to, and I also didn't expect it to be so loud! Seems like I'll mostly be saving it for when I'm alone in the house. It slides around a bit too, which can be a pain. Hopefully I get used to it soon -- I'm playing pretty poorly with it right now.

Makes me even more excited to go play the arcade version again. Also, I want to pay the Touhou songs agaon. So catchy. .

I wonder what the deal is with the Touhou songs. They're in, like, every arcade rhythm game nowadays, but for some reason they've never appeared in a home version of any of them. I'm positive that tons of people would buy the songs were they made available, so it just seems odd to me. I know I'd pick them up were they added to Taiko Plus or one of the console games.

I'm also wondering if Touhou arrangements are going to end up getting their own genre anytime soon. Games like Groove Coaster and maimai have similar genre categorization systems, and they've both added Touhou genres. They're even more dominant of the Variety genre than Vocaloid songs were immediately preceding the Vocaloid genre being created, and it definitely seems like they're not done adding new tracks.

I played using a Tatacon for the first time today and wow, it's weird. I didn't expect to have to hit it nearly as hard as I have to, and I also didn't expect it to be so loud! Seems like I'll mostly be saving it for when I'm alone in the house. It slides around a bit too, which can be a pain. Hopefully I get used to it soon -- I'm playing pretty poorly with it right now.

I've tried to find some solutions to stop the slipping, but I haven't been all that happy with what I've found so far. It still ended up sliding around more than I'd like when I tried using it on a wooden table and a clingy yoga mat. I wanna see if I can find a large enough version of one of those sticky pads people use for for their cell phone in their car, but I don't think I've had any luck. Honestly, the best solution I've found so far is just holding it between my feet, lol. Gets real uncomfortable after a bit, though. If anyone happens to find a good solution for keeping their Tatacon in place, I'd love to hear it.

I live in apartment so I always get super nervous about using a Tatacon too, lol. I just used my Tatacon for the first time in a while a month or two back, and I was surprised by how much I was enjoying it, and how much better I was with it than the previous time. Having gotten so much better at reading notes via playing with buttons ended up helping a ton.

edit: Huh, didn't think to look up the question in Japanese. Seems that grippy mats are the easy go-to, but Tatacon modding is evidently pretty common. Popular mods include replacing the sponge behind the sensor with cork for more sensitivity, and stuffing the Tatacon with tissue and clay to make it heavy. I have two Tatacons, and it seems pretty simple, so maybe I'll try that out sometime. For anyone curious, search up &#12479;&#12479;&#12467;&#12531;&#25913;&#36896;, there are a good number of videos.

edit2: A GAF member even did some modding and translated the instructions! Neato! They seem to speak highly of the results so now I'm really eager to try it out...

Cranzor

I took a video of me using my Tatacon. It seems unusually unresponsive. I turned the game music all the way down and went into the controller test. Listen to how many hits don't even register (it's way easier to hear with headphones, somewhat difficult with speakers). I was hitting it with pretty similar force the entire time too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHTR1vKS9aQ

Also, this video shows off how I stopped the sliding too haha. I saw some Japanese players doing it on YouTube. The Tatacon is upside down on a blanket.

I might have to go the modding route if I can't figure out anything that works. I'm pretty disappointed with the Tatacon so far.

Is it similarly inconsistent on the table itself? I'm wondering if maybe the blanket is absorbing some of the impact. I've definitely had dropped hits on mine too, but it's pretty much always in the middle of a song rather than just doing basic hits like that. Once I got in the habit of trying to snap my wrists for hits, it's been a fair deal better. It's was tough getting used to going at the drum full-force through the entirety of the song, but that's how I've gotten my best results.

It's kinda tricky to gauge from a video, sorry I can't be more helpful. It's possible that the one you got was faulty or the Wii U-era standalone drums are worse than the ones package with the Wii games. The Wii drums are known for being under-sensitive to a fault, for some reason. It's bizarre that they make them like that when correcting it doesn't seem to be of much cost at all. It's even widely recognized that being more sensitive is way better, because the Hori Controller Pro is super sensitive.

Cranzor

Yep, I've experienced similar results on the table and on the floor. I could just have bad hitting technique, I'm not sure. But playing any song on harder difficulties is pretty much impossible because of how many notes don't register. I can't really tell if it's the Tatacon or not since I've never used another one.

That's okay. Yeah, I wish they made them way more sensitive. I'll keep looking into the mods though and see if one of those might help.

It was definitely similar for me when I first started, but I ended up assuming it was my fault and I just didn't know how to use it properly, lol. In truth, I suppose it's kinda half and half. You can learn to play well on stock Tatacon, but it's still not as intuitive as it could be, and it's hard to avoid dropped hits when playing fast songs with lots of notes.

Honestly, I'm just really relieved to learn about modding and how much of a difference it can make, lol. I want to start taking playing on Tatacon seriously, and was mentally preparing myself for being able to drop the cash on one of the Pro Controllers, but this sounds like such a better option for the time being. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

How long is 3ds2?

Like, the story mode? Hm... I don't really recall all that well, but definitely in the 5-10 hour range.

Aizo

Banned
Huh. My wii u drum is pretty good. I mostly had issues getting Kats to register when I started, since I was used to the arcade setup. Just keep jammin'.

Aizo

Banned
Downloading 3DS2, because I still haven't bought anything for my *New* 3DS. I need more games.. hmm..

i played a funny april fools day prank on my wallet

OlDWh5u.jpg

Honesty, I've spent more on consoles that I used less, so I figured I might as well splurge a bit with my tax return. I was even able to get free 2-day shipping on them with Amazon Prime, lol. Not having to pay for shipping ended up saving me a whole lot of money!

But whatever, the deed is done now, no more whining about missing out on the new console games from me. I am going to enjoy this, goddammit! (and Tokumori is in the mail)

Cranzor

WOW, I'm jealous! I wouldn't worry about the price. If you think it's worth it, there's nothing wrong with it. There's a ton to get out of these games too, especially with DLC. HD Taiko... I don't think I have it in me to spend that much for it anytime soon. :(

Have fun!

Aizo

Banned

Honesty, I've spent more on consoles that I used less, so I figured I might as well splurge a bit with my tax return. I was even able to get free 2-day shipping on them with Amazon Prime, lol. Not having to pay for shipping ended up saving me a whole lot of money!

But whatever, the deed is done now, no more whining about missing out on the new console games from me. I am going to enjoy this, goddammit! (and Tokumori is in the mail)
Nice buy. I'll get Wii U version some day. Tokumori and 3DS2 are treating me well right now.
I'm confused. You got this through Amazon prime, so I figured Japan... but you also mentioned your tax return. Where do you live?

WOW, I'm jealous! I wouldn't worry about the price. If you think it's worth it, there's nothing wrong with it. There's a ton to get out of these games too, especially with DLC. HD Taiko... I don't think I have it in me to spend that much for it anytime soon. :(

Have fun!

Yeah, it's real tough to swallow essentially buying the same system just for a couple of different games, but the fact of the matter is that I'm playing Taiko upwards of practically an hour every day nowadays. I'm sure I'll be getting plenty of use out of it, and maybe I'll look into other exclusives too. Really, what I'm most bitter about is that I couldn't get one that was at least a different color for a reasonable price. It looks the damn same as my other system!

... okay no i'm actually most bitter about region lock still, lol. Ah well.

Nice buy. I'll get Wii U version some day. Tokumori and 3DS2 are treating me well right now.
I'm confused. You got this through Amazon prime, so I figured Japan... but you also mentioned your tax return. Where do you live?

US! Surprisingly, Amazon stocked them through Prime-compatible retailers (but not Tokumori which I had to order elsewhere). Wouldn't have thought to look there so it was a pleasant surprise.

You doing the story mode of 3DS2? Thoughts?

Is that the JP WiiU? I've been tempted to do this myself.

Yeah, kinda hard to tell from that shot but it's a JP Basic system.

Is that the JP WiiU? I've been tempted to do this myself.

Aizo

Banned
US! Surprisingly, Amazon stocked them through Prime-compatible retailers (but not Tokumori which I had to order elsewhere). Wouldn't have thought to look there so it was a pleasant surprise.

You doing the story mode of 3DS2? Thoughts?
That's crazy. I don't see the prime offer. Huh. Did you mean just the Wii U or Taiko, too?

I haven't started the story, 'cause I wanted to play some new songs and DLC. Had to play Sousei no Aquarion, all the Kyary songs, and Sono Chi no Sadame, Kurenai, Momokuro, Lupin and Conan themes, Tank!, Yokai Watch theme... so many good songs. I'm waiting 'til I can play Oni, so I can play the story on the hardest difficulty. I've noticed that I'm playing songs much easier in some cases than on the tatacon. Keep in mind that I got this last night, but I'm already playing songs I couldn't beat on Tokumori. I imagine it's because the screen is smaller. I have trouble keeping track of the notes on my TV. I think it's a bit too close to my couch, but I can't move it away any farther... My eyes can't keep up with the notes on the wide screen!

That's crazy. I don't see the prime offer. Huh. Did you mean just the Wii U or Taiko, too?

I haven't started the story, 'cause I wanted to play some new songs and DLC. Had to play Sousei no Aquarion, all the Kyary songs, and Sono Chi no Sadame, Kurenai, Momokuro, Lupin and Conan themes, Tank!, Yokai Watch theme... so many good songs. I'm waiting 'til I can play Oni, so I can play the story on the hardest difficulty. I've noticed that I'm playing songs much easier in some cases than on the tatacon. Keep in mind that I got this last night, but I'm already playing songs I couldn't beat on Tokumori. I imagine it's because the screen is smaller. I have trouble keeping track of the notes on my TV. I think it's a bit too close to my couch, but I can't move it away any farther... My eyes can't keep up with the notes on the wide screen!

Both, though they seem pretty limited in quantity because I got the last Taiko Wii U1 bundle in stock (the name of which was actually in Japanese, which I didn't expect from Amazon US). But it was $80 with free shipping for a game+Tatacon bundle, which is probably the best import price for a bundle I can recall having seen.

Ah, makes sense. Most of the songs in the story on hardest story difficulty are still just Hard difficulty, but toward the end it starts throwing some of the harder Oni songs at you, plus the last boss battles are really tricky regardless of skill level. I play better on handheld than console too, even using buttons on both. For me, I think it's a matter of using headphones vs. not using headphones, because while I can play songs of the same difficulty, I get fewer greats and more goods on console. That's probably one of the few disappointing things I've found so far about Wii U Version: you can't play the game on the TV and have music come out of the Gamepad so I can hook up headphones. I'll probably end up getting some supplies so I can connect headphones to my TV and sit a distance away, but it's still a hassle that could've been easily avoided, especially considering all the options for controls and display the game gives you.

Aizo

Banned
I should put my Audio-technicas on when I play on the Wii u! I wonder if that'd help me.

Just started the 3DS2 story mode. It's so easy to understand! Haha. So much hiragana! Most games I play are a struggle for me to understand, so this is a nice kinda break.

Yeah, Taiko games have always served as a nice ego-boost for my Japanese skills, lol.

Also, this month's 3DS2 DLC announced, and it's actually different than the leaked stuff! Waaay better too, imo, with a bunch of relatively new arcade exclusives making their console debut rather than some Namco Original standbys. Just got done playing Ignis Danse, Taiko's song contribution to cross-rhythm-game song campaign from last year, and it's cool. Actually ended up being easier than I expected from a 10 star with that BPM, lol.

J-Fr

I'm still working on the translation project for Taiko no Tatsujin Wii, here's a little preview:

I made a tool for inserting files automagically (it does the compression, packing, encoding and vice versa) and another tool to render labels in bulk. The work should be much easier with these.
Now I'm kind of stuck on the font editing (I can't find the font file >_>/).

Aizo

Banned
I just played Tokumori for the first time in about two weeks. I've had 3DS2 for about three days, and I've only played a total of a few hours, but I'm already way better than I am with the tatacon. Going back to it now helps me realize how unresponsive the controller is. So many &#12459;&#12484; aren't picked up. I miss the arcade version... it's not just that, though. I'm incapable of playing the same patterns on the tatacon. I can play almost all the songs on hard on 3ds2, but I can't beat a ton of them on Tokumori.

Bleh, just had a very frustrating experience trying to do the Tatacon mod. When I got it done the first time, everything worked fine except the right rim, when I adjusted the rubber on the right rim, all of the rim stopped working, when I removed the rubber from the rim, the rims worked but the center didn't, and several assemblies and disassemblies later (each with their own unique problem), here I am. Pretty bummed because I was really looking forward to getting into playing on Tatacon with a much more responsive controller, and now I have nothing at all, lol.

I can probably at least get it back to how it was before so I have a functional controller at some point, but I'm not really in mood to spend any more time on that today, and my hands are damn sore, lol. Still, I don't want to give up on it, and I'm really hoping that there's just a little thing I'm missing that's causing all these problems. When the sensor is exposed, I'll test the controller and everything works fine, but as soon as I put on the rubber drum cover, problems start showing up. If by some extremely off-chance there's a lurker with experience with this, maybe they can use that info to help me troubleshoot. Not gonna get my hopes up though, lol.

I'm still working on the translation project for Taiko no Tatsujin Wii, here's a little preview:

I made a tool for inserting files automagically (it does the compression, packing, encoding and vice versa) and another tool to render labels in bulk. The work should be much easier with these.
Now I'm kind of stuck on the font editing (I can't find the font file >_>/).

Oh, wow, that looks really awesome. It's already bizarre enough for me to see English text in Taiko Drum Master, so seeing it with the Wii UI is even more bizarre, lol.

Which font can't you find? It seems like you've found at least the standard song name font, since you've changed the &#33391; and &#21487; to words in that font.

I just played Tokumori foe the first time in about two weeks. I've had 3DS2 for about three days, and I've only played a total of a few hours, but I'm already way better than I am with the tatacon. Going back to it now helps me realize how unresponsive the controller is. So many &#12459;&#12484; aren't picked up. I miss the arcade version... it's not just that, though. I'm incapable of playing the same patterns on the tatacon. I can play almost all the songs on hard on 3ds2, but I can't beat a ton of them on Tokumori.

It definitely takes longer to learn how to properly do patterns on drum than with buttons, but I've found in my experience that even just practicing on buttons will get you there on Tatacon soon enough. It's a matter of getting familiar enough with the pattern so you don't need to think about which hand to do for what, as that time makes much more of a difference when the act of playing a note takes longer.

Aizo

Banned
I think I like 3DS2's song list more than Tokumori. Is Tokumori's kinda weak?
What's your favorite game in terms of song selection?

J-Fr

Bleh, just had a very frustrating experience trying to do the Tatacon mod.

I tried to mod the PS2 tatcon and the unofficial Wii tatacon, both were pretty horrible to use. I added a rubber band on both of them, the PS2 still wont register any hit unless you use brute force on it (it is also pretty noisy).
For the other one I added thick pieces of paper underneath the center to increase the sensibility for the Don hits. The hits register better but it's not 100% granted..
The plastic noise when you hit any note drives me crazy, I wish tatacon could be more silent.

Oh, wow, that looks really awesome. It's already bizarre enough for me to see English text in Taiko Drum Master, so seeing it with the Wii UI is even more bizarre, lol.

Which font can't you find? It seems like you've found at least the standard song name font, since you've changed the &#33391; and &#21487; to words in that font.

Thanks! Any text aside from the lyrics, talks, mails or system messages are pictures. So for hit labels (&#33391; or &#21487;) I don't need to find the right font, I just remake the label in photoshop, insert it back in the game and resize/reposition it if needed.
But for lyrics it uses text, and the position is dynamic. It is the same position for every lyrics and every line, if I try to resize it with game engine, the game also resize the position and longer lines are shifted to the left.
There is surely something I don't understand with the lyrics positioning, so an other solution would be the resize the font itself but I can't seem to find it. I could delete every fonts but one, the game would be running fine. I replaced the last font but only a few kanji changed.

AlabastreAizo said:
The first Wii game is the one I played the most. It has the angel series, 2000 series, Densetsu no Matsuri and a few other Namco originals I really like (even if I can't clear anything in the 8-10 stars range..)

I think I like 3DS2's song list more than Tokumori. Is Tokumori's kinda weak?

It's kinda hard for me to tell without having played the game myself. In the past, I've made quick judgements about a song list because it has one or two songs that excite me, but in the end the whole song list doesn't really retain my interest. Like, right now I'm playing Wii U Version, which has some songs I was really looking forward to playing like Invader Invader, the Pokemon Wild Battle music, and Highschool Love from TTT2, but I'm not huge on its Namco Original selection. So I'll reserve any judgement on Tokumori's song list until I get it in my hands.

As for my favorite song selection, I'd probably give that to PSP DX. That game's song list felt like it was made specifically to suit my tastes, lol. First of all, right out the box, you can expand the song list from 70 songs to... I believe it's 102 or 103 songs via free DLC. So you have an enormous number without paying even a bit extra. A lot of people aren't fans of the game's song list because its Anime selection is basically non-existent, but because that's probably the genre I have some of the least interest in, I don't mind too much (plus Lion is good). Its J-Pop selection is pretty standard fare, but it's cool that it gets the 1-2 punch of difficult J-Pop songs via both Kurenai and Punishment. It definitely has my favorite Game Music selection of any Taiko game, due in no small part to the Sega collaboration stuff. I definitely need more Sega music in Taiko again someday! And then the Namco Original section is massive, with lots of really fun songs, including my favorites from the 2000 series (Saitama, Soroban, X-DAY). On top of all that, pretty much any complaints about the song list (not enough Anime, not enough J-Pop standbys, not enough Vocaloid) can be addressed via paid DLC. So yeah, I like it a lot, lol.

I tried to mod the PS2 tatcon and the unofficial Wii tatacon, both were pretty horrible to use. I added a rubber band on both of them, the PS2 still wont register any hit unless you use brute force on it (it is also pretty noisy).
For the other one I added thick pieces of paper underneath the center to increase the sensibility for the Don hits. The hits register better but it's not 100% granted..
The plastic noise when you hit any note drives me crazy, I wish tatacon could be more silent.

Thanks! Any text aside from the lyrics, talks, mails or system messages are pictures. So for hit labels (&#33391; or &#21487;) I don't need to find the right font, I just remake the label in photoshop, insert it back in the game and resize/reposition it if needed.
But for lyrics it uses text, and the position is dynamic. It is the same position for every lyrics and every line, if I try to resize it with game engine, the game also resize the position and longer lines are shifted to the left.
There is surely something I don't understand with the lyrics positioning, so an other solution would be the resize the font itself but I can't seem to find it. I could delete every fonts but one, the game would be running fine. I replaced the last font but only a few kanji changed.

The tutorials I've sen say that stuffing tissue into the Tatacon serves as pretty decent noise reduction, but I haven't had the chance to try that yet because I'd need to remove all of them every time I have to fix something with the sensor, lol.

Oh, okay, I follow. I know there are at least a few songs in Wii 1 whose lyrics are entirely in the Roman alphabet, but I suppose they're broken down into smaller bits so they can fit on the screen, while changing Japanese lyrics to Romaji makes for much longer lines. Hope you can get it worked out!

Yeah, for me the Game Music genre can either be a big hit and one of my most played genres, like in PSP DX or Wii U1 (even without the Nintendo stuff that I'm real bitter I missed, lol), or kinda a miss like it is in a lot of the handheld games. It's not so much that the music is bad or the charts aren't interesting as it is a good portion of it is kinda unremarkable. Bringing over some of the heavy hitters from the console versions, like the Pokemon medleys, could probably do them some favors. I'd like to see more collaboration tracks with games from other developers aside from the usual suspects (MonHun, Mario, Pokemon, etc), too.

Aizo

Banned
Damn. The difficulty curve is steep in between &#38627;&#12375;&#12356; and &#39740;. Gahh. I can beat every song on hard except one, but I can only beat like two songs on oni. Maybe I should go back to adventure mode in hopes of a more steady curve.

Eh, don't think the curve you'll find there will be much more steady. It's really just Hard difficulty stuff with occasional spikes.

Out of curiosity, what sort of thing are you having the most trouble with? Speed? Reading the notes? Patterns like ddk/kkd?

Aizo

Banned
Patterns mostly.
Ddk and kkd are hard, but mostly because they're not really in &#12416;&#12378;&#12363;&#12375;&#12356;

Aizo

Banned
Started playing 3ds2's story again. Is it fine if I don't use Takkun? Also, I was gonna use Marie Antoinette, but she's super weak like Takkun.. do they suddenly get better, or are they just bad characters?

Started playing 3ds2's story again. Is it fine if I don't use Takkun? Also, I was gonna use Marie Antoinette, but she's super weak like Takkun.. do they suddenly get better, or are they just bad characters?

Yeah, they're no good lol

Hooooly shit, back on region free platforms :D
Everyone better be buying it!

My first impression of the song list is that the Game Music genre is shaping up really well. Daddy Mulk finally being brought back rules, it's probably my second favorite song in the genre behind Magical Sound Shower. And Falcom is one of the best people I can think of to partner up with for game music, really looking forward to To Make the End of Battle too. Nothing in the Anime genre really catches my eye but what else is new. Of course we get Noushou Sakuretsu Girl, of course we get Rokuchounen to Ichiya Monogatari, of course we get Natsu Matsuri, of course we get fucking TWO Senbonzakuras, lmao. It's already enough of a joke how often that song shows up but now there's TWO of them? Goddamn, lmao. Anyways I'd say it's shaping up pretty well so far.

In other news, I get Tokumori today so that's neat.

Aizo

Banned
Game music looks good so far. Anime music. .. don't really know, since I don't watch new stuff. Jpop is pretty lame..

Enjoy tokumori! Do you play oni on tatacon, too?

Yeah, but my performance when I'm on Tatacon drops around a star or so, mostly because I don't really get practice with it. Like, last time I played on Tatacon, about a month or two ago, I remember failing a 9 star song on Wii4. I was hoping that I'd start to get better at Tatacon with the Wii U versions, but the Tatacon I bought is... let's say "out of commission" at the moment, lol. Might look into buying another one over the summer, though, because I do want to get into Tatacon play, but the fact that my mod attempts have led to these results have me a bit hesitant now.

Aizo

Banned
Is that a tatacon that came with wii u version? Already? :p

I really feel like I play a lot better on arcade. The little tatacon is holding me back. It is so awkward to play with, and &#12363;&#12387; don't register a lot.

lol, "already", tell me about it...

I ended up replacing the sponge behind the sensor with cork and the sponge attached to the front of the sensor with rubber like this, and on the plus side, it's super sensitive now. Pushing down on the drum face with my fingers will get hits to register. On the downside, it's gotten less accurate in the process. Sometimes hits to one side will register as hits to both, and some rapid hits just don't end up registering at all. The sponge covering the sensor ended up getting torn while I was removing it, so there's really no putting it back now. But... I guess all things considered, it's still functional. I'd rather not use it though. I'll call it "good enough to give a second player," lol.

Though somehow I forgot that I have two spares back home (I'm at school now), so I can just pick up one of those and play with that over the summer. I don't really feel great about modding now, but maybe I'll pick up the Pro controller someday... maybe. It's a hell of a lot of cash, lol.

Top Bottom