• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Users reporting Amazon is cancelling orders of Persona 5 (PS4) (READ MOD POST)

Erekiddo

My Take Your Heart edition is still active. After losing the Master Edition of Zelda due to Amazon's shit, if this gets cancelled I'm gonna flip.

Phu

Banned
My TYH is still hanging in there, but if there is an actual problem I don't know if that's necessarily a good thing.

I had it preordered
why was it cancelled
theres nothing in that package This is because this item contains regulated materials classified as dangerous goods and can not be delivered by Amazon
its a video game with plastic crap
nothing dangerous
Jaypee: That is correct . It was cancelled because we no longer have this item in our stock
Me: ...
I had it preordered june 7 2016
it wasnt because of stock it

Edit jaypee just leaves the convo and another agent picks up

I actually cancelled my preorder a week ago because I realised I'd have to wait for it to arrive and during that wait I would buy it on PSN out of frustration.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
TYH Edition still safe, & I pre-ordered June 7th, not long after pre-orders went up. Got scared there for a second after the crap with the Zelda Master Edition.

CrazyDude

I had it preordered
why was it cancelled
theres nothing in that package This is because this item contains regulated materials classified as dangerous goods and can not be delivered by Amazon
its a video game with plastic crap
nothing dangerous
Jaypee: That is correct . It was cancelled because we no longer have this item in our stock
Me: ...
I had it preordered june 7 2016
it wasnt because of stock it

Edit jaypee just leaves the convo and another agent picks up

Preordered is March 12 2017 and it hasn't been cancelled for me yet.

Dangerous how much time I'm going to spend with P5 if my Take Your Heart edition doesn't get canceled.

If it does, I'm done with Amazon forever.

Preordered is March 12 2017 and it hasn't been cancelled for me yet.

Yeah. There have been posts in this thread from people that preordered as it became available and have had their orders cancelled. It doesn't seem like it has anything to due with when the order was placed. Perhaps it's regional, we just don't know as of now.

So has anyone gotten an email after the initial reports? Like within the last few hours? Wonder if they're still going out or if we're hopefully in the clear if we haven't gotten an email. Assuming it's an issue with one of the shipments and they're just doing their random cancellations. All speculation of course regardless.

Also the fact that Atlus seemingly knows nothing about the issue and is looking into it seems fairly odd. If it was an actual defective shipment you would think Amazon would have been in contact with them already.

Hawaii. Also they cancelled my ps4 pro preorder because they couldnt ship it to me. But a month later I redid the preorder and apparently they were screwing something up and i got my ps4 pro from the second preorder.

Huh. This, and a few other posts from people in Alaska and Canada ordering through the US makes me think that this might affect only people who ordered through Amazon US and do not live in the 48 contiguous states...

Chris R

Huh. This, and a few other posts from people in Alaska and Canada ordering through the US makes me think that this might affect only people who ordered through Amazon US and do not live in the 48 contiguous states...

I could see this being the case... but I was almost positive someone else posted they were in the contiguous states.

Because when I was in the market for a new laptop a few years back I tried to purchase a MacBook Pro 13", everything looked fine but the order would not complete. Talked to a CS Rep and they said they only ship Apple laptops to people living in the USA, and that Alaska was not part of the USA........... I kinda face palmed and got an Asus Zenbook with zero shipping issues.

kwogfaf

I preordered the steelbook on amazon and it still says preordered and ready to ship. guess I just got lucky...?

I'm in GA btw

Which is baloney. I have prime and if they dont want to pay for shipping to the outer states. Give us the option to pay for the shipping.and not just cancel orders. Ill probably just skip the game now because of salt.

Take your Heart Edition Pre-ordered from Amazon the day it went up for pre-order in June. Prime Member. Spend literally 5 digits a year at Amazon.

Email from a few hours ago says Cancelled.

Why would Amazon still be selling it if they are cancelling orders? It makes zero sense. I have both versions with the steelbook ordered and neither have been cancelled.

Veitsev

Ordered my TYHE in Feb when it went up for a bit and its still intact. Expecting it to get cancelled. Ordered from Best Buy to be safe.

Between this and the Zelda Master Edition nonsense its becoming clear that Amazon just isn't worth it anymore for preorders. Better off with GCU @ BB.

Dammit, Amazon has really been dropping the ball. My copy of FFXV never shipped, Isaac for Switch just shipped today (launch day), now this. I'll be checking my account I guess.

Arcaenum

Neo Member
My TYH Edition is still fine, but I'll be keeping a close eye on it. The last special/steelbook thing I ordered from Amazon was the Pokemon Sun/Moon dual pack and it was never shipped and eventually cancelled.

sappyday

They haven't cancelled mine yet, but if they do I think I'll get it digitally. I have the take your heart edition pre-ordered mainly cause I want the soundtrack

It would be nice for people at Atlus or Amazon to speak up about this, but from my own personal investigations on here and Reddit, the cancellations are overwhelmingly coming from Hawaii, Alaska, Canada, Mexico, Australia, and South Korea, all through Amazon US (presumably for a better price/quicker localization).

If anybody can provide evidence to the contrary, I'd love to hear it to I can add it to my cork board with red yarn connecting things.

Chris R

It would be nice for people at Atlus or Amazon to speak up about this, but from my own personal investigations on here and Reddit, the cancellations are overwhelmingly coming from Hawaii, Alaska, Canada, Mexico, Australia, and South Korea, all through Amazon US (presumably for a better price/quicker localization).

If anybody can provide evidence to the contrary, I'd love to hear it to I can add it to my cork board with red yarn connecting things.

We had someone post earlier with an order from Alaska that didn't get cancelled, and my reorder on Amazon hasn't been cancelled yet.

And someone from Atlus was directly PMing me to try to get to the bottom of this. I'm hoping it was just a computer glitch, but who knows until the game is shipped.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
My Amazon TYH order hasn't been canceled yet. I saw BB still has in-store pickup for NYC so give that a try, no matter where you are.

Top Bottom