• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Toonami Showdown:

"Maybe the ice cream was made from the dragon's milk"

LOL, I shouldn't have laughed as hard at that.

Also, Dragon Maid is a series I know exists via Twitter, but that's it.

TheSun

68baauN.gif

"That's some Damn good anime!"

Raxus

It is like "my first animation project". Give all the characters squeaky voices and it will be the funniest comedy this year bar none,
ignoring the tears,
plus now you can't imagine Berserk 2016 without chipmunk voices for each of the characters.

Raxus

In less depressing, non Berserk related news, MHA is finally entering one of the most hype fight of the series. Spoilers for MHA:

hhhhnnnnggg. Can't friggin' wait to see the reactions in the OT.

caliph95

It is like "my first animation project". Give all the characters squeaky voices and it will be the funniest comedy this year bar none,
ignoring the tears,
plus now you can't imagine Berserk 2016 without chipmunk voices for each of the characters.
They are fan animations 3D on youtube that are better animated
In less depressing, non Berserk related news, MHA is finally entering one of the most hype fight of the series. Spoilers for MHA:

hhhhnnnnggg. Can't friggin' wait to see the reactions in the OT.
can't wait

cntr

Banned
still not a fan of the MHA anime.

edit: also Raxus, image spoilers don't work on mobile, and that's a pretty huge one once you figure out the context

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
How did Berserk get Inferno Cop'd? At least Inferno Cop was purposely bad...

On another note, tonight's a marathon so early bed time for me!

cntr

Banned
Teekyu's a pretty good insanity group watch, by the way. You can finish the first three seasons in about 1.5 hours.

caliph95

Seriously? A friend made me watch the first three seasons and it was fun enough in an Inferno Cop ADHD way except with better animation than Inferno Cop.

fake edit: ...and looked it up, turns out the first three seasons were animated by MAPPA, a studio that branched off from Madhouse, not Millepensee. I guess that explains it, lol.
Well this is their season
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbC1bBx37d0
can't believe you made me watch more of this in order to correct my mistake

cntr

Banned
a lot of shows are better in a group than alone

like, e.g., nearly every Gundam I've watched, I did it as part of a group watch. Probably wouldn't have bothered otherwise.

Raxus

I find myself overlooking/ignoring a show's faults more alone than with a group but in general I enjoy watching shows as a group. If only to expand my appreciation of a show or get another wildly different perspective of a show (see cntr)

So I don't live in a particularly woody area or anything, but it has enough wildlife around that occasionally nature will happen right outside my house.

And by nature, I mean a brutal horrible death fight between a small wolf and large fox at 2:34 in the morning that'll last 15-20 minutes, and several minutes are just one of the two screaming in agony. (This, of course, wakes the dogs up, and they feel barking is the best way to resolve this issue.)

So...that's fun.

cntr

Banned
Yeah, flaws do get exaggerated a lot in group watches (with rare exceptions like Jojo). But something like, say, Zeta Gundam or Gundam 00 is better as a group watch since you can make fun of all the silly bits, while on the other hand, a show like Unicorn's too philosophical and talk-y to work.

(and i guess i do have unusual opinions, ha)

So...that's fun.
Yikes.

Regiruler

Finally watched every jack 1-4 episode but one. I will say though that they should really have re-ordered season 4 (have jack vs aku and the aku infection be last).
So I don't live in a particularly woody area or anything, but it has enough wildlife around that occasionally nature will happen right outside my house.

And by nature, I mean a brutal horrible death fight between a small wolf and large fox at 2:34 in the morning that'll last 15-20 minutes, and several minutes are just one of the two screaming in agony. (This, of course, wakes the dogs up, and they feel barking is the best way to resolve this issue.)

So...that's fun.
Stuff like that happens around here only very rarely. It's too suburban now.

If I were to get a house I would probably want to live in a slightly more woodsy area, if only because the scenery is nicer and it should be consistently shadier.

Xe4

Banned

So...that's fun.

lol, know the feeling. It's not uncommon to hear a pack of Coyote's find or catch something and do that' bark/growl/screech thing at 6 AM. Though I basically live near two pretty big open spaces, so it's not entirely surprising.

cntr

Banned
Always liked the theory that Berserk had so many hiatuses because Miura died, and an intern had to painstakingly draw everything from his notes.

cntr

Banned
iirc, they condensed an entire arc into one episode or something? I remember someone saying that during Season 1.

Moaradin

Lol
Did it skip any arcs or anything trying to see the silver lining

Yep. It skipped Lost Children because apparently it's not important to them.

I'm glad that arc didn't get butchered. I can't imagine how that arc would shape up in the anime considering the subject matter.

Moaradin

It has one redeeming quality.

It has a Susumu Hirasawa song. But they fuck even that up by overplaying it way too much, even during scenes where it doesn't fit.

cntr

Banned
Why is there a clang everywhere, can't even use the generic skeleton sounds or body cut
So in Berserk, the Dragonslayer is described as being "more like a giant heap of iron than a sword".

Millepensee apparently took that literally and gave the sword that awful CLANG effect whenever it hits anything. No matter how stupid it is or how bad it sounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom