• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Large Youtubers Hide Ownership of CSGO Lottery Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
C'mon dude.
flat,800x800,075,t.jpg

Fat4all

Banned
Is it just me or have the last few months been revelation after revelation of well-known YouTube personalities turning out to be grade-A assholes?

Money can change people, and YouTube fame is strange because it's hard to say how long it will last for anyone involved.

Is it just me or have the last few months been revelation after revelation of well-known YouTube personalities turning out to be grade-A assholes?

Well, it's been known for a long time, but now it's starting to bleed out into the real news area of the world because they have enough money to start causing damage to each other.

This is what happens when people can become famous without needing an agent to say "Cool off, kid." It's unchecked popularity with no guardianship.

Zemm

Valve deserves a lot of shit for this. They should have stepped in and done something once pro players started fixing matches for skins.

https://www.twitch.tv/joshog

Is one of the guys listed as owner in that video too. Had to go subscriber only mode when people started questioning him, and he's ignoring everything about it
1x

VariantX

Yeah, slimy as it gets. I wouldn't be surprised if these guys are done. The illusion of trust no longer exists here.

Dennis

Banned
I just want them to answer one simple question:

"The winnings in your videos playing on your own gambling site - were they rigged or not? Yes, I will be recording your answer for your eventual court appearance."

Permanently A

I'm not sure that this was supposed to be hidden information that they owned this lotto...

Go to TmarTn's twitter page and you'll see that in his info, right up front, it says "Co-owner @CSGOLotto"

... So is this guy at h3h3 trying to make fluff out of nothing really?

Edit: To go further, the guy in the h3h3 video says "it's illegal to not disclose that you work for a company or have been paid to promote or review their product"
It really didn't take much digging at all though to find this info. If it is publicly available information then they are fine. Even if it were to be buried in a load of legal papers that you would have to sort through.

To me, it isn't scummy that they haven't come out and said that they don't own the website at the very start of all their videos.

Edit 2: before replying see my other post at #76

Skip to 9m in OP's video. "We found this new site called CSGO Lotto"

iNvid02

hopefully this gets the attention of a government, who knows it might spark a wider look at video games, exploitative monetisation methods etc

Skip to 9m in OP's video. "We found this new site called CSGO Lotto"

did I say found? I meant found-ed your honour

This is disgusting... I just watched a few of his vids yesterday because I was listening to the TPS podcast and they were talking about it. In his videos you can tell he's just trying to bait people into using his site as well as the other people in his party during the videos... It's like a cheesy infomercial... Wow...

I haven't watched TPS yet this week (Whiteboy can't upload correctly on itunes to save his life). Do you know when in the episode they talk about it?

I'd say about 1/3rd of the replies to that tweet are messages of support. People will still blindly follow him.

This is why legislation is necessary. Even disclosure about it isn't enough.

Dude is getting shit on in his latest video...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlivuTKypD4
The gaming industry deserves far more shit for how close they are to these 'influencers'. The state of gaming 'coverage' is going to be fucking dire in 5 years.

I wonder how much he got paid to feign interest in Homefront in a video series that will air over the course of weeks. Not really directly related but this is just bottom of the barrel nonsense that no one sane can think is a genuine interest or objective playthrough of that game.

I haven't watched TPS yet this week (Whiteboy can't upload correctly on itunes to save his life). Do you know when in the episode they talk about it?

I think it was pretty close to the beginning. I watched it live on twitch. Whiteboy disclosed that he wasn't always honest about using house money to play his online betting but that's a whole different issue which isn't nearly as bad.

Permanently A

hahahah he fucking filed the papers to found the company and claimed he wasn't always affiliated with them

this dude is in so much shit

Maximo

He has to at least realize it's shady if not expressly against the law.

Who cares when you got cash money bro! Dude probably does but getting more money is more important, it's fine getting kids and teens into gambling long as there is enough money to blind your morals.

So they own the websites and do videos of them constantly winning big.

These assholes should be in jail. Wonder if prosyndicate will make one of his goofball faces when they taking his picture.

So they own the websites and do videos of them constantly winning big.

These assholes should be in jail. Wonder if prosyndicate will make one of his goofball faces when they taking his picture.
They'd probably clickbait title and monetize their arraignment if it was profitable.

Blobbers

"I've never hidden I co-own Csgolotto, such a non-story, I was always upfront"

"Guys this is so cool I got a sponsorship from a site THAT I OWN"

LqL

Fat4all

Banned
The main guy, TmarTn, made roughly 2 videos a month of him being moderately to very successful on his own gambling site since the business was created.

13 since last December.

Haven't checked the other guys video count.

thefro

Yeah, these guys are going to get sued at the least and probably will face criminal charges.

Will be hard for them to argue that it's not a gambling site and the skins aren't worth money when they're talking about how much money they "won" in the video.

Scum bags ruining CSGO.

Skins are cool and fun to gamble, but encouraging children to gamble underage is awful.

said as an underage gambler who made profit from it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom