• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bliss-box - Use most of your original retro controllers on PC

catabarez

So I just bought the Mega Man Legacy Collection for Steam and I was getting annoyed with using my Xbox 360 controller to play so I did a little research to see the best way to hook up my old controllers. I decided the bliss-box was the best solution.

bliss_box_4_play_controller_adapter_2.jpg

This is a driverless adapter that lets you use just about any controller all the way from Atari to PS2/GCN using custom HDMI connectors. You just need to buy the right adapter. Keep in mind this isn't a USB hub. The only USB connection is from the blissbox to the computer. It's able to use aspects of controllers that I haven't seen in other USB adapters, like VMU and Rumble compatibilty in Dreamcast controllers. I was surprised when it worked with my wireless RetroUSB NES controller.

It's a little pricey at $55 for just the base board and about $120 for a bundle with 18 cables, but you definitely get what you pay for.

I didn't see much talk about this here on GAF so I figured someone might appreciate the information.

Here is their site of you want to check it out:

http://skunx7.wixsite.com/bliss-box

Coreda

So is the central hub the brains of the operation or can the USB cables themselves act as the adapter?

All of those old school games can finally use a controller that feels right at home with the style they're mimicking. Bit Trip Beat with the Atari paddle controller, Sonic Mania and Freedom Planet on the Saturn, etc

Now I can fufill my life long dream of playing DOOM 2016 with an Atari 5200 controller

catabarez

So is the central hub the brains of the operation or can the USB cables themselves act as the adapter?

The hub is what handles everything. The adapters actually use HDMI ports to plug into the blissbox.

All of those old school games can finally use a controller that feels right at home with the style they're mimicking. Bit Trip Beat with the Atari paddle controller, Sonic Mania and Freedom Planet on the Saturn, etc

Now I can fufill my life long dream of playing DOOM 2016 with an Atari 5200 controller

You may be onto something here.

Imagine playing some Age of Empires with this sucker

FT5APN8HFD17Y5N.MEDIUM.jpg

ulao

Neo Member
Top Bottom