• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

Really? Unless it was edited I'm pretty sure there was a scene where she was slicing and dicing zombies in front of a temple and while she moved about there "glitter" flying about, which led her to declare that she was wet. :lol

It's been a long ass time but are you sure it wasn't just sweat? :lol

Branduil

I really do have to hand it to the script in Zetsuen, the characters are really on my wavelength:

Zetsuen1.jpg

Zetsuen2.jpg

Zetsuen3.jpg

Sure.

Zetsuen4.jpg

Agreed.

Speaking of what doesn't make sense in Blast of Tempest, why does the protagonist have Yunos' hairclips in his hair?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
It's been a long ass time but are you sure it wasn't just sweat? :lol

Considering they had no problems having a VA shout that she's wet while killing undead, and having a psychotic teacher turn a bus into some orgy on wheels among other things, I don't think they'd have much to lose going that extra distance. :lol

Don't get me wrong, I really hope it was sweat.

Dresden

Considering they had no problems having a VA shout that she's wet while killing undead, and having a psychotic teacher turn a bus into some orgy on wheels among other things, I don't think they'd have much to lose going that extra distance. :lol

Don't get me wrong, I really hope it was sweat.

I'm very well aware of what HSotD is capable of, but I don't remember this at all (and I don't want to bother actually checking it)!

Besides, the logistics of such a thing happening is like . . . Saeko is confirmed to wear underwear. :lol

cajunator

Banned
I doubt it was sweat.
I think I remember that part vaguely.
Considering what else that show got away with, it probably was exactly what you think.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Chuu2 1

It's Nichijou wackiness with what may be some self-reflexive commentary? Or maybe it's just Haganai (Waganai!) without the stupid harem stuff (or Yozora). Works for me so far... but man, it's no Hyouka.

From the New World 2
You know, along with seeing shades of Ender's Game, for some reason this episode reminded me a little bit of Beasts of a Southern Wild as well. It was probably the
canoe scene
at the end. I still think the prologue/prelude thing is weird though.

YuriSketch Honeycomb 1
YpaNwl.jpg

Fuck YES.

3eH1Dl.jpg

Also, being a teacher is suffering!

Shaft's best show is back.

And now, all I need to do is catch up with the 5 episodes of Ginga I should probably watch. I just need to think of all the Kobayashi I've missed out on I suppose.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I'm very well aware of what HSotD is capable of, but I don't remember this at all (and I don't want to bother actually checking it)!

Besides, the logistics of such a thing happening is like . . . Saeko is confirmed to wear underwear. :lol

Oh shit. XD

Kazzy

Chuu2 1

...Works for me so far... but man, it's no Hyouka.

But was Hyouka even itself at the beginning? I don't mean in terms of quality, but more to the audiences place, in relation to their own expectations. I mean, at least for me, it was hard to take from the first couple of episodes, exactly where (or how) it was going to play out.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
But was Hyouka even itself at the beginning? I don't mean in terms of quality, but more to the audiences place, in relation to their own expectations. I mean, at least for me, it was hard to take from the first couple of episodes, exactly where (or how) it was going to play out.
I suppose that's true... I probably like the beginning of Hyouka retroactively. lol

Maybe Chuu2 will be awesome too!

Kazzy

I suppose that's true... I probably like the beginning of Hyouka retroactively. lol

Maybe Chuu2 will be awesome too!

I'm probably guilty of this too, which is why I'm so curious to watch Hyouka again. Because it was all about that character development, I can't imagine you'd approach it in the same way twice.

With Chuu2, I'd like a little more context before making any snap-judgments, although the opener did show promise. Once the rest of the main cast has been introduced, I think it's tone will be more apparent.

But with that said, I think that Hyouka was the exception rather than the rule!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You can quote me on this later on - I don't think Crazy Girl Anime will ever become an 'awesome show'.
I want KyoAni to continue to have a perfect record post K-On though!

I'm probably guilty of this too, which is why I'm so curious to watch Hyouka again. Because it was all about that character development, I can't imagine you'd approach it in the same way twice.

With Chuu2, I'd like a little more context before making any snap-judgments, although the opener did show promise. Once the rest of the main cast has been introduced, I think it's tone will be more apparent.

It feels like Chuu2 is being a lot more upfront about what it's about though. At least, based on the mini episode and the first episode anyway.

Kazzy

It feels like Chuu2 is being a lot more upfront about what it's about though. At least, based on the mini episode and the first episode anyway.

Hm, probably, and I am only going off the first episode.

I can see myself liking it, although that's largely dependent on how much they indulge Rikka's weirdness. Like I said in my initial impressions, she is a fine character as the crux for interesting character development(s) to occur, but if they use this as a platform for her to just do lots of weird and pandering shit, I'm not going to be all that interested.

Jex

Agreed, however the tone of Hyouka was clear from the very first episode and it was a tone that resonated with me even if I didn't care for the material itself. Similarly, the tone of Crazy Girl Anime is very apparent from it's first episode and it's one I don't really care for - it's clearly something that's pandering to a specific audience. As I said when I discussed the first episode, I don't think it's badly made in any way, I'm just not interested in that kind of show. It appears that when people are reacting negatively to the show they're reacting to it's premise, tone and characters - there's not interested in that kind of story being told in that particular manner.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hm, probably, and I am only going off the first episode.

I can see myself liking it, although that's largely dependent on how much they indulge Rikka's weirdness. Like I said in my initial impressions, she is a fine character as the crux for interesting character development(s) to occur, but if they use this as a platform for her to just do lots of weird and pandering shit, I'm not going to be all that interested.

I'm assuming she'll remind him of his childhood innocence while he'll remind her of reality and they'll have a mutually beneficial relationship as two outcasts coming together and being friends.

Or something. lol

Ginga 17
Zo1DEl.jpg

Oh yeah, that's why this show is better than Knight in the Area.

UiQ54l.jpg

Also, I think it's amazing that the episode I come back to is a pure :firehawk episode.

Looks like I'm back on board assuming things work out anyway.

fertygo

Hipster Girl is better nick for Chuu2byou.

Btw you guys ain't lying eps 1 of JoJo is good, I love the style that they add for give dramatic and exaggerating feeling to make up they can't make super exciting animation cut.

The best thing is still the voice acting that make the key moment so damn intense, Takehito Koyasu is just excellent fit for Dio.

I like HSOTD because of Saeko, but Ga-Rei Zero had a better plot and action. HSOTD doesn't seem to be concerned with logic, good taste, or continuity. It's basically Code Geass with torpedo tits and zombies.
That's exactly what I was looking for at the time. My body wasn't ready for what I actually got.

To quote an anonymous philosopher: I was prepared to fap, but I wasn't prepared to feel.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Legend of the Galactic Heroes 048

Wait a second, have Reinhard and Yang ever met in person to begin with? The amount of mancrush going on between both of them is astounding for such a long distance relationship.

Teh Alliance is FUUUUUUUUUUUCKED

Kazzy

Agreed, however the tone of Hyouka was clear from the very first episode and it was a tone that resonated with me even if I didn't care for the material itself. Similarly, the tone of Crazy Girl Anime is very apparent from it's first episode and it's one I don't really care for - it's clearly something that's pandering to a specific audience. As I said when I discussed the first episode, I don't think it's badly made in any way, I'm just not interested in that kind of show. It appears that when people are reacting negatively to the show they're reacting to it's premise, tone and characters - there's not interested in that kind of story being told in that particular manner.

Maybe it's just the optimist (pessimist maybe, I'm not too sure), but I'm still completely not sold either way. I agree that you can glean enough from the first episode to know whether or not you're going to continue, but I still think it has the potential to undercut my own expectations.

I don't care for a series about someone showcasing their own selfish personality traits. But if its part of something that shines a light on those issues, specifically the effect it has on others around here, and how that's addressed, then I'm game. If it simply devolves into wacky shenanigans, nope. So I will continue for now, for the hope that it becomes the former, rather than the latter.

fertygo

Chuu2 Lite 02

Hey KyoAni why you put this better OP for your youtube vids?

And nothing much to say about the content itself.
its about the hipster girl's middle school time.. its seem she already became hipster since then

duckroll

Supposed ep title/credits for From The New World:

Ep3 - Minoshiro Modoki
Script: Masashi Sogo
Episode Director: Hioraki Kudou
Storyboard: Masashi Ishihama
Animation Director: Yumi Shimizu

Ep4 - Blood-stained History
Script: Rika Nakase
Episode Director: Naomichi Yamato
Storyboard: Nobutoshi Ogura
Animation Director: Keiichi Kondo

Ep5 - Eloping in the Sultry Night
Script: Hirohira Urasawa (Hirohira Mushi?)
Episode Director: Shigeyasu Yamauchi
Storyboard: Shigeyasu Yamauchi
Animation Director: Junichi Hayama

wonzo

Banned
Supposed ep title/credits for From The New World:

Ep5 - Eloping in the Sultry Night
Script: Hirohira Urasawa (Hirohira Mushi?)
Episode Director: Shigeyasu Yamauchi
Storyboard: Shigeyasu Yamauchi
Animation Director: Junichi Hayama
hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooly shit. i really should start watching this show...

Articalys

Every now and then it would be nice if you could explain to us plebians why these animators are as hype-worthy as you say they are. Not all of us have watched everything or paid attention to all the credits. In this case, a small bit of research shows that they were both heavily involved with Casshern Sins, but if that's the reason, it would be nicer if you could state that in the first place.

duckroll

Every now and then it would be nice if you could explain to us plebians why these animators are as hype-worthy as you say they are. Not all of us have watched everything or paid attention to all the credits. In this case, a small bit of research shows that they were both heavily involved with Casshern Sins, but if that's the reason, it would be nicer if you could state that in the first place.

But Yamauchi sucks. I'm just drawing out his fans so I can mock them all at the same time! :(

Hayama is cool though. He worked on all the previous Jojo stuff (not the new one), and that one episode of X-Men! Too bad he's friends with Yamashitty. :D

wonzo

Banned
Three fairly recent examples of their work would be Episode 9 of The iDOLM@STER, Episode 18 of Penguin Drum, and Episode 9 of Mysterious Girlfriend X

edit: oh and the op for ninja tits lolololol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom