• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity |OT| Where Worlds Collide

Really really hope they made some / a lot of changes. But this quickly I feel like it will be more expansion than new.

They've been working on 2 since probably shortly before 1 launched, they've said it's meant to be a yearly release. I'm pretty sure they also said that 2 will drop Wii support, which was holding back a lot of what they wanted to do. So 2.0 will hopefully have a lot of big improvements and not just be the same game but with new playsets.

Slacker

They've been working on 2 since probably shortly before 1 launched, they've said it's meant to be a yearly release. I'm pretty sure they also said that 2 will drop Wii support, which was holding back a lot of what they wanted to do. So 2.0 will hopefully have a lot of big improvements and not just be the same game but with new playsets.

Hopefully the engine will be a little smoother. I thought Infinity looked OK-ish until I got Skylanders Swap Force. Compared to that game DI looks and runs like crap.

Slacker

Watching the press conference on mute while watching something else. 30 minutes in, have we seen any game play yet? Also untucked dress shirt with a tie is not a good look.

just showed a trailer with the cast of the avengers. comments talking about "Lola" whoever that is. buffering sucks so I missed most/all of the trailer

Since the new marvel announcement I'm looking forward to buy the starter pack.

Which version should I buy? I'm tempted on the Wii U version but I also have my PS3 and my X360 so I don't know... :S

Any advise? Is there any "must buy" play set?

Thank you guys! Damn, I promissed myself not to buy any skylander again and now this... :(

Rootbeer

Banned
I say get it on the system you prefer to play it on. I went Wii U last time but i'm going PS4 for 2.0. Though if the PC version is also compatible with the base and figures then I might go that route... the PC version for 1.0 isn't

Rootbeer

Banned
Is this a good deal?

Amazon Bundle

Also the PC version doesnt have a base? I can't even find the PC version anywhere.
pc version is free (at least for 1.0, not sure how they are doing it for 2.0). but it doesn't work with the base. the figures and playsets come with cards, you register the cards on the disney infinity site. this is how the pc version knows which figures you have. alternatively, you can buy the DIGITIAL versions of the figures which lets you use them in the pc version... but that takes away half the fun. Still, it's an option.

best way is to buy 1.0 for the platform of your choice... ps3, 360 or Wii U. then you can play it on that platform -and- PC to your liking. If this is how it works with 2.0 then i'm getting it on ps4. that way pc is always an option if I want to switch over.

Looks like Maleficent is going to be revealed for Disney Infinity 2.0 and free limited edition Disney Infinity gifts will be given out at the event. I would bet that it will be Maleficent.

Event is on May 28th. Those in SF should go!

https://d23.com/d23-events/d23-unlocks-whats-next-disney-infinity/

BneFM6gIYAEMpSV.png

Will be there a topic just for DI Version 2.0?

News from the previous days: according to TRU database:

- Single packs from the avengers play set will include: Hawkeye, Hulk, Captain America and Nick Fury! (starter pack is confirmed with Thor, Iron Man, and Black Widow)

- there will be a Guardians of the Galaxy set, probably with Star Lord and Gamora. Single packs lists Drax, Groot and Rocket Raccon.

- another "starter set" for $59.99 along with the one costing $74.99. Could this be a start set without the base?

- Disney single packs! Merida, Maleficient, Stitch, Donald Duck, Tinkerbell, Hiro and Baymax (which may hint at a Big Hero 6 playset).

- and my most disappointment news: release day seems to be Sept 23rd. Which is pretty bad for me since I will be on vacation in US from Aug 30th to Sept 7th and I was hoping to bring the complete set releases with me. Considering that last time DI released Aug 20th (if I am right) I just finished my bookings yesterday....

- Single packs from the avengers play set will include: Hawkeye, Hulk, Captain America and Nick Fury! (starter pack is confirmed with Thor, Iron Man, and Black Widow)

- there will be a Guardians of the Galaxy set, probably with Star Lord and Gamora. Single packs lists Drax, Groot and Rocket Raccon.

- another "starter set" for $59.99 along with the one costing $74.99. Could this be a start set without the base?

- Disney single packs! Merida, Maleficient, Stitch, Donald Duck, Tinkerbell, Hiro and Baymax (which may hint at a Big Hero 6 playset).

- and my most disappointment news: release day seems to be Sept 23rd. Which is pretty bad for me since I will be on vacation in US from Aug 30th to Sept 7th and I was hoping to bring the complete set releases with me. Considering that last time DI released Aug 20th (if I am right) I just finished my bookings yesterday....

Is there any fan website or something where I can read these news from DI universe?

Thanks!

mreddie

tumblr_static_6.gif

8x5ls.gif

mreddie

Maleficent and Merida are now legit confirmed.

They hinted at a new Starter Pack, that will include two new Toy Box game Discs that are Disney themed.

All 2.0 Disney characters will be Toy Box Only. There does not seem to be any Play Sets coming out for Disney characters this time around. However, it does look like Toy Box Game Discs will be Disney themed.

So now we have a confirmation of the release date + an image of the Venon figure (which I did not like).

And so I will not able to get this game at my vacation in US (which will end Sept 7th).

Updates:

From the Sony conference yesterday, Hulk will be time-exclusive to PS3/PS4 in a collector's edition starter pack that includes all avengers figures.

And TrUs updated their website with pre-orders, first Spider-man playset does not comes with the Green Globin, but with Nova:

pTRU1-18589806enh-z6.jpg

those are new too:

pTRU1-18590398_alternate1_dt.jpg

pTRU1-18589924_alternate1_enh-z6.jpg

pTRU1-18589640_alternate1_dt.jpg

Note that Fury does not belongs to the Avengers playset, but to Ultimate Spider's one.

Plus Hawkeye single pack:

pTRU1-18590382_alternate1_enh-z6.jpg

Just found out I have a friend working on this game! The team was SUPER bummed out at the leaks, they were really excited to show off Donald on their own terms. :(

Luckily not everything got leaked, though... :3

He's really excited about it, he was lukewarm on the first one but he says they've upgraded things A LOT, especially Toy Box Mode.

So all the characters are already announced/leaked or are there some waiting in the wings?

Seems that all Marvel characters were leaked by the back of the retail box:

infinity_characters-787x1024-e1402425932661.jpg

DisneyInfinity2AllCharacters-1024x253-e1402425905454.jpg

Iron Fist (Spider-Man), Drax (Guardians of the Galaxy), Nick Fury (SM), Captain America (Avengers), Hawkeye (AV), Black Widow (AV), Hulk (AV), Rocket Raccoon (GotG), Venom (SM), Gamora (GotG), Groot (GotG), Star Lord (GotG), Spider-Man (SM), Thor (AV), Iron Man (AV), Nova (SM).

Together with already announced Melificent and Merida, and the rumoured (TRU internal listing) for Donald Duck, Stitch, Tinkerbell, Hiro and Baymax (Big Hero 6).

clear31

So if I had the original on 360, is there no way to just buy the game by itself?? I dont want another base taking up room

When I go to sites to preorder, i dont see the game by itself.

Redshirt

Banned
So if I had the original on 360, is there no way to just buy the game by itself?? I dont want another base taking up room

When I go to sites to preorder, i dont see the game by itself.

A base-less starter pack may be in the works according to the moderators over at the Disney forums, but there hasn't been a recent update on that.

If we do get one, I wonder how much not including the base will actually save us.

mreddie

Some new 2.0 stuff from the recent Game Informer.

1. Level Cap - The article confirms the level cap is now 20.

2. Crossovers - In addition to Nova having missions in the Avengers Play Set, Hulk is confirmed to have crossover missions in the Spider-Man Play Set.

3. Skill Tree - Each character has a skill tree of 40 skills. When a player reaches level 20 with a character, they can spend about 30 points on skills in the tree.

4. Knockout System - Characters will no longer "reform" after "dying", but instead will be disabled until a new character is placed on the base. It does say this is temporary, so it's not clear whether or not there is a delay before the character DOES reassemble, if you don't have another character to place on the base.

5. SHIELD Car - The SHIELD car's hover ability can be turned on and off, allowing it to be used as a regular ground vehicle or as a flight vehicle capable of climbing buildings.

6. Dungeon Crawler - In the Dungeon Crawler Toy Box Adventure, you can give "powers" to the little NPC mini-characters. "They become a sidekick you can imbue with powers," Vignocchi says. "My favorite is taking Anna from Frozen and imbuing her with fire powers, so she's the antithesis of Elsa. You can choose to level them up so they have freezing abilities, they have lasers, they can shoot fire, they can also heal your character...."

7. Power Discs - Duplicate power discs will now grant you sparks

8. No More Spins - The vault spins are going away. They plan to unlock about 250 toys right out of the box, and another 200-300 if it detects a save file. Others are unlocked by progression. Putting a play set piece on the base automatically unlocks all toys associated with that play set. Addition toys can be purchased with sparks from an ingame store.

9. Wii Support - Wii U support will continue, but they won't be releasing the game for the regular Wii. "Were dropping the Wii," says JV. "The reason why we are doing that is because what we're trying to do with the software, the Wii is just not capable of doing."

10. Goodbye, Goo - In the most disappointing part of the article for me personally, they revealed goo grow and shrink toys and props are going away. "That was a huge deal and a big badge of honor for us, but the amount of effort required to do that was astronomical, and the response from fans wasn't what we were hoping it for it to be, so we decided to remove that to allow us to do bigger and better things with more pieces," JV says. I hated reading this, as it means no more grow pads for monster truck Cinderella's carriage, no more shrinking your teammates and enemies with the Goo Gun for giggles, and all the fun that went with stuff like that. It does say that all other toys will transfer over, and no, we won't have to unlock them again.

11. Spider-Man - Spider-Man will be able to web swing even if there is nothing for his webs to attach to.

12. Toy Box Missions - The article confirms we will be getting the ability to add mission to the Toy Box via Townspeople. They also can function as a help system.

13. Toy Box Creation - The article talked a bit about the auto-generation tools, tool brushes, etc. It did reveal that some premade archetypes will be available, such as a collection minigame and a pinball table.

14. RPG Toy Boxes - We can now create RPGs, complete with loot weapons, an economy, and stores where you can go in and buy things and change prices of stuff.

15. Toy Box Hub - The article confirmed we'll be able to add doors to connect up to 10 Toy Boxes.

gsrjedi

Some really cool stuff. Kinda disappointing needing a save file for some of the toy box unlocks since I plan to go XBO with this instead of PS3, but not a huge problem.

WatTsu

Grabbed a copy of the Wii U version from a K-Mart closeout sale to see if it's something I want to invest in when the Marvel stuff drops. I like the game quite a bit so far, even though I've fallen victim to a weird glitch where the game will get stuck on the loading splash screen after I start it from the menu. I contacted tech support and they told me this is a problem they're only just now aware of, and to disable my network connection. Works now, but pretty annoying nonetheless.

Anyway, anything in particular I should check out? I heard the Lone Ranger set is basically Red Dead Redemption Jr., so I might grab that even though I'm not terribly interested in the movie. I have Barbossa and Ralph in addition to the starter figures, and I found more at a used game shop locally at about $6 a pop so I will probably at least go get enough figures to play all the worlds two-player.

WatTsu

Hate to be the guy who posts twice in a row, but has anyone else with the Wii U version encountered a problem where the game won't get past the loading splash screen (the one with the characters on it) after you select it from the home menu? The problem I referred to earlier is persisting. I've tried contacting tech support and they aren't much help - the solution they gave me worked once and then never again. I just wonder if it's a defective copy or if there's a software patch necessary.

Keb

Neo Member
If you are still having trouble with the disc, there is a free version on the Wii U eshop. I have had no problems with that.

Top Bottom