• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Social-Link/Confidant discussion |OT| Laughing Banana is Makoto's husbando

wartama

Neo Member
Why isn't there a female protagonist (or a gay route at least) so that I could have my husbando harem? I declare this game incomplete.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I really wonder what's up with the theme of Moon Slinks being total annoying little shits until they go through their personal transformation :-x
I like their stories just a pattern that I noticed. Like all of them!!

QuadOpto

I really wonder what's up with the theme of Moon Slinks being total annoying little shits until they go through their personal transformation :-x
I like their stories just a pattern that I noticed. Like all of them!!

Has to do with the tarot card; The Moon embodies mystery, illusions and insecurity, so this correlates with Moon S.Links usually being people who put on a front or who have trouble expressing their true feelings.

It's really interesting seeing how characters and their stories fit their assigned tarot cards, can't wait to see how they match up in P5.

Smoolio

If there is a female protag, whats the male protag going to to do?

Also it would unbalance the umm.. ( I don't know enough about Persona to make a triforce comparison)

>o<

Agh I'm just gonna stick with her and see what happens!
Im doing the same no worries. I don't want to go for one of those npc side character girls because they're so far removed from the main gang and plot that it always feels like the significant other you never introduce to your friends which kind of takes away from the experience for me. I have to go for one of the girls in the main party, and I've heard enough from people saying that Makotos romance is the most meh, with explanations as to why, that I went back to Anne

Smoolio

Im doing the same no worries. I don't want to go for one of those npc side character girls because they're so far removed from the main gang and plot that it always feels like the significant other you never introduce to your friends which kind of takes away from the experience for me. I have to go for one of the girls in the main party, and I've heard enough from people saying that Makotos romance is the most meh, with explanations as to why, that I went back to Anne

Briefly, if you don't mind, what were the explanations?

Game unlocks (for download?) for me in 10min!

_Ryo_

Isn't possible the reason P4G didn't have a FEMC option like P3P because Atlus just didn't feel like redoing the anime cutscenes with FEMC? Makes me worried for a FEMC for P5 Crimson.

Briefly, if you don't mind, what were the explanations?

Game unlocks (for download?) for me in 10min!
From what I read on reddit and other places it just feels like the relationship is too (light spoilers)
pure to a point it's boring
. I can't remember more details as I read it earlier in the year/late last year but ultimately it seemed like more a consensus outside of a few people here and there who said they didn't mind it. But if you're really curios you can Google 'best relationships persona 5' and people both in reddit and other sites were weighing in.

But regardless what I said previously still stands. Nobody can say whether you'll like it, this is simply others opinions.

DNAbro

Isn't possible the reason P4G didn't have a FEMC option like P3P because Atlus just didn't feel like redoing the anime cutscenes with FEMC? Makes me worried for a FEMC for P5 Crimson.

Well yeah, adding a proper FEMC route would actually take a ton of effort. It's not like it would be a small task. It would be awesome if they did it though.

kewlmyc

Wait, you can hook up with a teacher?!

This changes everything.

Also a nurse. It's like this game is going out of its way to make up for the Hermit slink in P3 and the Devil slink in P4.

I also find it funny how most of P5 MC's love interests are older than him, 4 of them being at least 2 years older. Joker loves them older women. :p

ErzaScarlet77

Neo Member
i wish the game would kinda acknowledge you if you date someone within the phantom thieves.

i dated makoto and ryuji/mishima still teases me about how im single.

and the game is rated M, i could do with more than hand holding....
i dont expect full on mass effect sex scene but some kind of implication of physical relationship would be interesting

Rise and Naoto are the best. One of the hardest decision in my life on who to choose.

Agreed on their being the best -- the choice wasn't that hard for me though, given how tightly Naoto is integrated into the plot in the last third of the game. It only made sense for MC to stick w/ her...

McBryBry

It's not like the characters even acknowledge it. Or do they in this game? That would be great.

I know they don't, but its always weirded me out to have the girlfriend be someone who isn't in the know on what the protag is involved in.

i wish the game would kinda acknowledge you if you date someone within the phantom thieves.

i dont expect full on mass effect sex scene but some kind of implication of physical relationship would be interesting
There is no implication of anything physical? Even Persona 4 had that.

ErzaScarlet77

Neo Member
There is no implication of anything physical? Even Persona 4 had that.

ive onyl dated makoto so idk about other girls but at rank 10 when she goes to my room, she just rests her head on my shoulder and mc rests his head on her head and then fade to black

i dont think theres even "you spend a long time with ___"

OrionX

So my mc can engage in an inappropriate relationship with a teacher but still can't date a dude... Are laws about teacher/student relationships different in Japan or is the social link treated as scandalous as it seems? lol

Cornbread78

So my mc can engage in an inappropriate relationship with a teacher but still can't date a dude... Are laws about teacher/student relationships different in Japan or is the social link treated as scandalous as it seems? lol

anime/manga tropes my man...

ive onyl dated makoto so idk about other girls but at rank 10 when she goes to my room, she just rests her head on my shoulder and mc rests his head on her head and then fade to black

Lol, well in P4 it didn't happen right after you got rank 10, it happened during Christmas so maybe it will still happen, unless you've already finished the game.

I think that's what reddit was also saying. Someone said that later on she
implies she wants to spend the night
so I guess that's as good as it gets.

Mariip

They gave an excuse about the role of MC for p4 being a male exclusive role because of the persona Izanagi and some plot points envolving spoilers i wouldn't bother to elaborate because in the end it's probably because p3 was supposed to have a choice regarding the protag gender while p4 wasn't
Considering the persona for p5 protag being q famous male thief, i don't see a female route in p5 crimson, if THAT ever exist :/ that is unfortunate since i always though his design could be easily translated into a female character

Having said that, i wish i could date yusuke, he's too similar to jun from p2 which was the only real option for tatsuya(really, i couldn't choose maya or losa after seeing the game scenes)

Nah theres little reason as to not include a female option. I hope that for the 'golden' version of this game they add a female option. In all likelyhood they can just add the Anime team to redo the scenes with a female lead

kewlmyc

Wasn't the reason why they stated that P4 couldn't have a female MC was that they dynamic of the investigation team would change or something like that. Yosuke, Teddie, and Rise's relationship with the MC would be pretty different. In P3, only major changes was Yukari and kinda Junpei.

Wasn't the reason why they stated that P4 couldn't have a female MC was that they dynamic of the investigation team would change or something like that. Yosuke, Teddie, and Rise's relationship with the MC would be pretty different. In P3, only major changes was Yukari and kinda Junpei.

Major reason might have been that yosuke couldn't be as perverted around you as your official 'best friend'. Rise they could have changed it where she idolizes you for being cool like in one of those throwaway light novel Anime where there's a queen of the school followed by a million girls giggling

Might have had to change the bathhouse scene so you're with the girls instead. But that scene was in game graphics. They just didn't feel like putting in the effort

One of my biggest "man, I wish the game would've recognize that" things, about Persona 4. Very sad to hear that they still haven't implemented anything like that in Persona 5.

Mariip

Minako also has several new social links becaus p3 mc didin't bother to be friends with the boys in his party too

Junpei is a bit the same as far as i know, the only change is that he has problems
recognizing the girl as the party leader but that was only one scene
the female route kinda improved his character, like what happened to yukari
Some social links feel a bit off, like mitsuru's, yet i like they included a sorta lgbt link in that game too

Zolo

One of my biggest "man, I wish the game would've recognize that" things, about Persona 4. Very sad to hear that they still haven't implemented anything like that in Persona 5.

Yeah. I imagine they don't want to deal with the logistics if you're possibly dating more than one character, so it's easier to just pretend like people don't know you're dating.

Of course, it also still made scenarios weird like Chie and Yukiko not knowing if you're dating the other at the same time.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I know that you can have multiple girlfriends, but I don't like to one my first play-thru, which made the choice between Makoto and Fatuba a tough one.

They're both so great, but in the end I went with Makoto.

Also, question: Is anyone hardcore on team Haru?

Great character design, but her English VA put me off imediately. It doesn't help that
she shows up so far into the game.

Astral

Well P4 did have different dialogue with the characters while making preparations before a dungeon if you're dating multiple party members. I remember Yukiko and Chie being suspicious. There's also the firework festival Golden where the party finds out if you're dating one of them and are in shock and shit. And of course the Valentines Day event where everyone is pissed at you for being a giant fuccboi. Of course, everyone forgets the next day.

That's because relationships you forge aren't known from the rest of the group.
That's why you could date futaba,haru ,makoto AND ann ( at the same time ) if you choose. Can you imagine what would it be if those 4 knew ? If would be the most insane bad end /game over ever made.. but it was made that way so it wouldn't prevent the main story from being completed.

I do agree that a better visual representation of the relationship would be great

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
That's because relationships you forge aren't known from the rest of the group.
That's why you could date futaba,haru ,makoto AND ann ( at the same time ) if you choose. Can you imagine what would it be if those 4 knew ? If would be the most insane bad end /game over ever made.. but it was made that way so it wouldn't prevent the main story from being completed.

I do agree that a better visual representation of the relationship would be great

Threads like this are exactly why I don't want relationships to be referenced in the story. There would have to be a definative "true" relationship and there's no way for it to please everyone. Part of what makes these games so great is that everyone has a different experience due to the personal relationships you can build.

Also a nurse. It's like this game is going out of its way to make up for the Hermit slink in P3 and the Devil slink in P4.

I also find it funny how most of P5 MC's love interests are older than him, 4 of them being at least 2 years older. Joker loves them older women. :p

That's because when you're the same age MC is, there really is nothing hotter than an older woman. I'm glad the writers have cottoned on to this!

Ostinatto

img_20170403_22332632wgr88.jpg

Found my waifu.

Top Bottom