• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Ryce

vg260

I'm off the Rorschach train on this one and have no idea who it could be. I don't think they're intentionally hiding his hat.

After the select screen was updated, I now think the silhouettes are actual assets from the characters, which is why I don't think they're altered. I think they generated the silhouettes from the wireframe images in-game when opening motherboxes and for the character select when you do a multiverse event restricted to one character.

If the trailer grouping is the pack order, that could be the third character shown Boon was talking about that would surprise people. It's the most mysterious one for sure.

Just give us the trailer already!

Ryce

I'm off the Rorschach train on this one and have no idea who it could be. I don't think they're intentionally hiding his hat.
The top of his head is two different shapes in the teaser trailer (pointed) and the in-game silhouette (round), so they're hiding something. It's the only silhouette that's been further modified from the trailer to in-game. It's also been mirrored (again, the only one).

After the select screen was updated, I now think the silhouettes are actual assets from the characters, which is why I don't think they're altered. I think they generated the silhouettes from the wireframe images in-game when opening motherboxes and for the character select when you do a multiverse event restricted to one character.
Sub-Zero's actual select screen wireframe is a different shape than the select screen silhouette from before he was released.

delSai

DFrkqVgUQAAdlK6.jpg:large

"Bizarro number one, not Superman!”

vg260

The top of his head is two different shapes in the teaser trailer (pointed) and the in-game silhouette (round), so they're hiding something. It's the only silhouette that's been further modified from the trailer to in-game. It's also been mirrored (again, the only one).

Sub-Zero's actual select screen wireframe is a different shape than the select screen silhouette from before he was released.

haha. Oh, you're right. Well, strike that then!

"Bizarro number one, not Superman!"

This skin redeems Superman as a character for me now. I might actually use him now.

I hope there are more. I need all-robot Brainaic so bad! I doubt he'd make the sequel, so this could be the only chance.

Ryce

Bizarro was my most wanted premiere skin, and while I'd welcome any and all additions, the only one left that I really want to see is Ocean Master. He's going to be a main character in the Aquaman movie, and Aquaman's move set is a perfect fit for him (especially with some of the custom abilities).

vg260

Bizarro was my most wanted premiere skin, and while I'd welcome any and all additions, the only one left that I really want to see is Ocean Master. He's going to be a main character in the Aquaman movie, and Aquaman's move set is a perfect fit for him (especially with some of the custom abilities).

I'd put money on Ocean Master, especially needing to do something with the Manta transition. Isn't there already a model in story mode when Bane enters and is holding someone by the head? or is that just a generic solider?

DR2K

Banned
So what's Catwoman supposed to do against zoning now? Her jump 2 is harder to land and her cat dash loses armor. Bahumbug

Why would they nerf Red Hoods dive it's already super unsafe if they have any kind of projectile half the time I use it I end up getting kicked in the face anyway.

So what's Catwoman supposed to do against zoning now? Her jump 2 is harder to land and her cat dash loses armor. Bahumbug

One of the fastest walk speeds in the game
B+3
d/b+3
Jump 2 is still an excellent move
b+2
Cat Evade
f+1
MB Cat Dash still travels full screen quickly

Removing armor from MB Cat Dash just gives zoners breathing room while doing full screen zoning. Once she walks into her footsie range she's still one of the best counter zoners in the game.

DR2K

Banned
One of the fastest walk speeds in the game
B+3
d/b+3
Jump 2 is still an excellent move
b+2
Cat Evade
f+1
MB Cat Dash still travels full screen quickly

Removing armor from MB Cat Dash just gives zoners breathing room while doing full screen zoning. Once she walks into her footsie range she's still one of the best counter zoners in the game.

Bah, I guess. I just wish more characters had moves to easily get in, zoners have way too much freedom overall.

clockpunk

Hah, all these weeks later, just unlocked some Epic Sub Zero gear that turned his ice klone into a snowman (love the individual effects gear can bring) and finally realised I could throw it! Best character by far!

patchday

wow saw a Red Hood literally spam that lounge over & over last night. I can see that being very effective in the hands of a really talented player. Good its getting nerfed tho

Worlds will implode.

Another possibly is Phantom Stranger.

VbN8bj4.jpg

never seen him before. Interesting back story.

Ryce

I wonder what Tyler meant when he said that next week's stream would feature at least four things the public doesn't know about yet. Maybe three character reveals via the Fighter Pack 2 trailer and another premiere skin alongside Bizarro?

Any tips for beating Braniac in story mode? Dude's move that takes away half a health bar is so cheap.

Nvm beat him 3rd try lol

Wait I need to beat this asshole as batman too? Fuck

Fuck this guy. Batman sucks

bubumiao

I wonder what Tyler meant when he said that next week's stream would feature at least four things the public doesn't know about yet. Maybe three character reveals via the Fighter Pack 2 trailer and another premiere skin alongside Bizarro?

I'm hoping for a new mode, 3v3 is what I want most (I <3 KOF), but 2v2 will suffice.

patchday

Ya a new mode would be nice :)

Figure I better start practicing against Supergirl since she's got the buff incoming. Set the AI to just spam Teleport punch and MB TP (Record/Playback). Wow why didnt I do this before now I know how to block both moves with proper timing

Do you guys know a way to get Batmans Billionare Cowl and the matching set?

yes, you pray

Q8D3vil

wow saw a Red Hood literally spam that lounge over & over last night. I can see that being very effective in the hands of a really talented player. Good its getting nerfed tho

His new52 run start was amazing, then crossover happened and Pandora ruined everything.

delSai

Maybe some new gear?

patchday

Red Hood multiverse up for 72 hrs

--------------------

Finally worked up enough nerve to start begin bringing Firestorm to online. Looks like my time in the lab has paid off and he's been quite fun. And the nerfs to the top tier dudes should help him out in those matchups once the patch drops

Been doing some labs where I just pick a zoner and set the AI to just spam projectiles. Been practicing his Air Dash + Fusion Charge. Nice combo but a little tricky to get it just right to smash the zoner. If you drop too low the projectile hits

And my time practicing against Supergirl's Teleport paid off. Ran into a subzero that ran Teleport (Casual, non-competitive mode which is how Subzeroes like it I've noticed). Was able to dodge & punish that move consistently

vg260

Red Hood multiverse up for 72 hrs

It has a shader unlock too.

Also, I just realized you get 500 source crystals for equipping a character with all rare gear. It's separate from the one you get for all epic gear. I apparently had never done that.

Ryce

NRS got really unlucky when it comes to the DCEU slate. There are going to be a lot of characters thrown into the spotlight in the next few years who people are going to want to play as in this game.

Ares - main villain of Wonder Woman
Shazam - movie coming in 2019
Batgirl, Nightwing, and Constantine (Justice League Dark) - movies in development

Ravelle

He's actually part of the Injustice comic too.

There's gotta be a second season of DLC, we're only in the launch year of Injustice and since the previous Injustice got a lot of DLC characters we have a long way to go. Let's just hope they continue to support and update the roster past this year.

patchday

Well I think NRS is on a two year rotation so I always thought they dropped support to work on next MK.

Would be cool if they established an 'Injustice' team and an 'MK' team (basically how Arc System Works handles GG Xrd/Blazblue). I really dont want to buy anymore MK games. I know it sounds weird but I hate fatalities. Sometimes one of my kids might walk into my game room and I dont want her to see that crap

Fatalities are gross I liked them in the genesis era when you'd explode into a million feet but now it's nasty. Red Hood multiple epic multiverse is up.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yeah MK is just disgusting these days. MK9 was my total limit and then MKX went like twice as far. I don't watch movies like Saw and I guess I won't play MK anymore. I hope Injustice (or something similar) is well supported in the future because it knows the limits of sensibility and propriety to the general uses of the medium.

eastx

Yeah MK is just disgusting these days. MK9 was my total limit and then MKX went like twice as far. I don't watch movies like Saw and I guess I won't play MK anymore. I hope Injustice (or something similar) is well supported in the future because it knows the limits of sensibility and propriety to the general uses of the medium.

I agree that Mortal Kombat X went too far with gore and disturbing imagery, so I chose not to buy it. But given how much I like Injustice 2, it will be hard to avoid MK11 if it takes the Multiverse and loot concepts and advances them farther.

Top Bottom