• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

It would be a shame if they didn't bring ODST over as well. Firefight would be perfect for PC.

I found Firefight was way better in Reach. A lot more customisation and better maps for a horde/wave defense mode. Still ODST has a cracking film noir atmosphere to the story that really is something different for an fps. Be nice to have the whole set on Steam.

Grief.exe

In case you guys are not aware, there is plenty of evidence pointing towards Halo Trilogy on Steam.

Steam Database Leak, all of which have been released, or essentially confirmed
Halo 3
Halo 2
Halo: Combat Evolved

Halo 2 PC Support initially cancelled, then extended to look for alternative options.

kWEepGX.png

Entries for Halo 3 shows up in AMD Beta Drivers.

<profile Area="UDX" Usage="Halo3" Notes="Halo3">
<value Property="Version">1</value>
<value Property="MTShaderCompile">False</value>
</profile>

<application Title="Halo3" File="halo3*.exe">
<use Area="UDX">Halo3</use>
</application>

I found Firefight was way better in Reach. A lot more customisation and better maps for a horde/wave defense mode. Still ODST has a cracking film noir atmosphere to the story that really is something different for an fps. Be nice to have the whole set on Steam.

That's the other reason I want ODST. The main campaign was quite unique, especially for the Halo games.

We don't have enough horde modes?

I subscribe to more of a good thing is always better.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
For my steam thread brothers, we now have a tweet command, which looks as follows:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/HotlineMiami/status/348491890498351104[/tweet]

So, so good.

Overdoziz

Banned
It would be a shame if they didn't bring ODST over as well. Firefight would be perfect for PC.
I'd buy it just to take screenshots of New Mombasa during the night. I did so using the screenshot feature on the 360 version (Here and here), but the compression is absolutely horrible. What I would do for those shots in 1080p, some AA and no compression.
ODST Firefight was much better in my opinion. The DMR combined with an infinite supply of ammo just made Reach's version boring. You could simply ping enemies from a mile away without being in much danger. At least in ODST you only had short range weapons which ran out of ammo pretty damn quickly. Made combat a lot more interesting. Also, Hammer Brute Chieftain packs are the best.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I don't know why would someone care about the halo trilogy, worst fps ever, halo 2 is just terrible and the fact that I had to install windows vista to play it didn't help.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
People won't take you seriously if you can't be objective.

Halo is playable, still very basic gameplay and dull story but some may enjoy it. Halo 2 is crap at best, weapons (lol) are like torture devices to the player (un)enjoyment, after every level I feel like I hope it gets good because I don't know how much more of this I can take and sadly the level design doesn't help and the best out of the game (the music) is mediocre. But the worst part is that the keyboard+mouse combo that doesn't feel right at all with the game.

BTW Installing windows vista to play it didn't change my objectivity.

The series has consistently good co-op.
That may be it, I played solo so I have no idea.

Oneironaut

Neo Member
I don't know why would someone care about the halo trilogy, worst fps ever, halo 2 is just terrible and the fact that I had to install windows vista to play it didn't help.

I enjoyed the first game's single-player mode quite a bit. I never played the second because of the Vista requirement, and I never played the third because it wasn't released on PC. I'll gladly pick up the trilogy if it becomes available.

ShaneB

Traded in a bunch of games (nearly all except the couple I apparently left the discs in the console =/) Come back with 170$ in Steam Credit. I'm happy.

ShaneB

Hah, good plan. Hmm...

:) The only downside with having all the money in a Steam Walet is having to do some work arounds when the sales are better elsewhere. ie have someone buy the game from Amazon, have them list a crate or something to sell for the same price, and transfer Steam Wallet funds that way, etc.

Old? You can get two Bethesda games from Get Games for only $15.

http://getloadedgo.com/

Fallout New Vegas UE + Dishonored looks like a great deal.

I sold keys as a bundle for Oblivion, Doom 3 BFG, Fallout NVU, Fallout 3 GOTY, Hunted, Brink and Rage for $15 total in the GAF buy/sell/trade thread.

I did keep Dishonored, Skyrim and Morrowind for myself though. I got them all from that GamersGate pricing error.

EDIT: I forgot that I got Skyrim out of that deal too.

That H2 iOS message has supposedly been there for months, the video was recorded in March. Won't get my hopes up that it means anything more than it says there as Stinkles has been quick to dreamcrush in the past.

Grief.exe

That H2 iOS message has supposedly been there for months, the video was recorded in March. Won't get my hopes up that it means anything more than it says there as Stinkles has been quick to dreamcrush in the past.

The evidence is mounting though, something has to break sooner than later.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's unlikely that Valve will allow non Steam keys to be activate on Steam, but I do know of at least one time it's happened before, so I suppose it is possible.

It wouldn't make much sense for Microsoft to not allow retail keys to register on Steam if the intention is indeed to move from GFWL to Steamworks.

Ionic

I see that some developers might be working to remove GFWL from their older games in favor of Steamworks, supposedly because the GFWL services may shut down soon. Have we seen anything from Dark Souls on this front? I don't want that game to become unplayable or anything.

Grief.exe

I bet this Wednesday they will release the Skyrim cards when the beta goes live.

Skyrim cards will have so much demand, But the supply will be massive with the popularity of the game and Trading Cards coming out of beta. Selling mine as soon as the price starts to rise up after a couple days.

I hope Dust and System Shock 2 cards come on Wednesday, will instantly make those badges.

I see that some developers might be working to remove GFWL from their older games in favor of Steamworks, supposedly because the GFWL services may shut down soon. Have we seen anything from Dark Souls on this front? I don't want that game to become unplayable or anything.

Dark Souls App on Steam Database hasn't been updates in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom