• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Floor 6 is kicking my ass. I'm trying something similar to Mantastic's video with lots of SB for Fujin on floor 1 but I just don't get enough hearts to fall to last through floor 2's awake bind. I've spent like 20mil coins just shuffling assists around.

Just use d athena?
I don't have a gemstone for her so I was concerned about hitting hard enough. That and I had already committed to anublos by maxing the whale (RIP blue piis, hope I will have a use for him again), two barbaras, and fujin.

Anyway, I cleared it. Had to stone on Hamal because it absorbed dark. Any other color and it would have been fine.

Jagernaut

There is a lv4 no leader skill build on YouTube/Reddit that works well if you have the subs.

Avalon Drake
Avalon Drake
Dios
Tengu (Carat)
Tengu (Carat)
RLB

I had to modify it since I have no Carats and 1 Drake.

Avalon Drake
Beach Sonia
Dios
Tengu (Camael)
R Freyja
RLB

1. Freyja + RLB
2. Drake
3. Sonia + Camael
4. Dios

Worked well but whole team was hypered. Make as many wood rows as possible, no blobs.

Kwhit10

That should work. Be careful stalling up Nene, there aren't a lot of safe places for more than a turn or so. Even still BHunters+1 should be enough on the final board if Raijin's available.

How are folks doing on the Cloud City challenge? I got through it yesterday. The 8th and 9th floor's were the worst for me. The final floor isn't as bad as it looks at first. Like the other challenges of this nature it felt more like a team building exercise than a skill check for the most part (though I'm sure skill opens up more teams, but I'm bad). Meri, Dmeta, and Pixel Seph were my MVP's for this set.

On the no leader skill dungeon I'd recommend just stacking prongs and killers and make sure you can heal if you need to stall skills up, a burst for the end makes it trivial if you can get one ready.

No awakenings was tough since you still needed a ton of damage so Dmeta did the trick, especially since you eat a preemptive right away. Also bring a true damage for floor 2 since you're not cracking 30 million def without a burst or awakenings. Leader bind immune badge means you can coast floor 3, or stall it out, both methods work. /you can stall out Minerva's combo shield too if you don't get screwed on hearts then smash her when it's gone. The last floor, a Haku-->Akechi-->Okuni bomb took care of Shedar.

That Dmeta for no awakenings worked perfect. Just had to stall Minerva so I could get okuni up for last floor.

b33r

Yeah, floor 4 works well with a row team if you stack high rcv subs and row awakenings. my light team failed, but I made a dark team and paired with Halloween xm for her high rcv and rows.

Bladelaw

Quick run down of "Which evo do I make?", in my opinion.
Ryune:
Both forms are useful, lead version pairs with Meri rather well, double SBR, shield and HP bulk fixes a lot of Meri's problems with only a minor damage hit.
Sub form is Skuld light with a better active (imo)
No wrong choice here just depends on if you want a blue row lead or a FUA B/D sub

Sylvie: FUA version is better in every way IMO. There's plenty of accessible green row leads so Sylvie's row version doesn't bring much new to the table. Lead can pair with ALB for similar shenanigans to Ryune/Meri.

Saria: as above I like the sub form better, team RCV is super useful on a lot of light teams, FUA is always welcome. The lead form pairs with Row Ameno like ALB and Meri above.

If you have dupes I'd make one of each as dupes are less useful than most other choices.

Aesnath

Quick run down of "Which evo do I make?", in my opinion.
Ryune:
Both forms are useful, lead version pairs with Meri rather well, double SBR, shield and HP bulk fixes a lot of Meri's problems with only a minor damage hit.
Sub form is Skuld light with a better active (imo)
No wrong choice here just depends on if you want a blue row lead or a FUA B/D sub

Sylvie: FUA version is better in every way IMO. There's plenty of accessible green row leads so Sylvie's row version doesn't bring much new to the table. Lead can pair with ALB for similar shenanigans to Ryune/Meri.

Saria: as above I like the sub form better, team RCV is super useful on a lot of light teams, FUA is always welcome. The lead form pairs with Row Ameno like ALB and Meri above.

If you have dupes I'd make one of each as dupes are less useful than most other choices.

Yeah, I'm going to have to make sub ryune, just because it is the closest thing I have to a dark FUA sub for Dath and, potentially, typhon. Saria's lead evo does have one thing worth mentioning, however: an SBR. Sure, I'm only going to make one lead evo, but the SBR is relevant in a few places. Kinda funny that one of my friends who runs yog realized replacing Momiji with sub Saria doesn't actually net him a SBR, which continues to leave him a little limited. Odd that, despite two accessible FUA light subs, you still have to give up an SBR to run them.

Aesnath

Well, the gentleman are kinda disappointing. I was excited that plum at least gets a FUA, but then I realized how unhelpful it will be in most situations with Grem. I mean, mentally, I don't think it is possible to get a block of 9 hearts and a cross of hearts to exist on a 6x5, along with a row; to say nothing of how odd a board you are really looking at for that situation.

The yellow guy seems like he came out of this OK, getting a shield and slightly easier activation. Moreover, he continues to be an OK MP pairing with either Yog or Ameno.

In other news, there is this other place I'd like to check out, but apparently I need someone to invite me or something? Any tips?

Bladelaw

Well, the gentleman are kinda disappointing. I was excited that plum at least gets a FUA, but then I realized how unhelpful it will be in most situations with Grem. I mean, mentally, I don't think it is possible to get a block of 9 hearts and a cross of hearts to exist on a 6x5, along with a row; to say nothing of how odd a board you are really looking at for that situation.

The yellow guy seems like he came out of this OK, getting a shield and slightly easier activation. Moreover, he continues to be an OK MP pairing with either Yog or Ameno.

In other news, there is this other place I'd like to check out, but apparently I need someone to invite me or something? Any tips?

Their upgrade certainly pales to the original MP dragons but I'll take any buff we get. They all got better at doing what they already do with a stat bump, awakenings, and in some cases leaderskill buffs.

You Yu and Xiu Min are the big winners, Xiang Mei and Plum are better than they were but not "must haves". That said I'll be making all of them. If Xiang Mei and Plum's LS got buffed to include an additional typing I think they'd see real use again. Maybe JP can complain for it.

Jagernaut

I only have You Yu and he got a decent boost. Another 7 combo awakening, rcv boost, better active and top damage increased from 156x to 225x.

Edit. Is it only 8 orbs for max multiplier? That's much less orb hungry.

Aesnath

Their upgrade certainly pales to the original MP dragons but I'll take any buff we get. They all got better at doing what they already do with a stat bump, awakenings, and in some cases leaderskill buffs.

You Yu and Xiu Min are the big winners, Xiang Mei and Plum are better than they were but not "must haves". That said I'll be making all of them. If Xiang Mei and Plum's LS got buffed to include an additional typing I think they'd see real use again. Maybe JP can complain for it.

I feel like they kinda might play better than they look. Maybe not a lot better, but somewhat. In particular Xiu Min seems kinda reasonable. Still very orb hungry, but pairs well with either ameno or Yog; With yog, matching two light combos (and nothing else), is a useable 45x multiplier with a shield. When you go whole hog you end up with 315x. I just wish his active was better. Ameno really forces you to make a row plus for any damage with this set up, but the 25% shield will be useful and you won't miss damage on burst turns.

As for Yo You, I've been burned by 5o1e before, making it seem less awesome than I'd like. two 7c is nothing to sneeze at though and he can really use some of blue's TPA subs pretty well.

As for Xiang Mei, she still seems like she needs a system, and her damage is pretty low considering you you need six hearts to make it work. I also don't know of any healers off the top of my head that have really helped her team since her initial release. I think she is still possibly viable, if you want a system, just due to the fact that you will probably have solid HP and RCV simply due to typing.

Xin Hua might work, but it depends on how many hearts she needs to pull in full damage. If she stays at 10 heart orbs, there will be no helping it; it is just unreasonable. She also doesn't have HP, which is quickly becoming more of an issue as we go along. I will say, that she is interesting if she has the full multiplier at 9 orbs or less, as, with a system, that means that the super FUA would give 2x to the majority of the team, which could be pretty crazy. Probably not worth the trouble, but rather cool nonetheless.

Top Bottom