• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

"New" map looks nice, can't wait to see what other things are planned out in the coming roadmap, maybe Chaingun, Quad Rocket and Arc Cannon Titans?

I'm Gen 10.50, and have over 100 Double XP bonus, I wish I can use them for Double Weapon XP

how?

Ok, hold up. You guys say i'm completely hyperbolic and rant induced.......

I spent 2 hours today doing this Advanced Look Control nonsense to get it just perfect. I finally think i got something really good for my pilot and THEN, THEN!!!!

Realize that for some MIND BOGGLING NO EXPLANATION REASON the Titan ADS with advanced controls disabled defaults your ADS speeds to the regular hipfire speeds for your Titan (which is ok, it's what everyone is now used to) BUT if you enable advanced controls the ADS speeds will mimic whatever your pilot speeds are set to within the advanced control settings.

LOL WHY? Really, WHY? I'm sorry but this company just throws shit out there half-assed all the time. This is ..... i don't even know anymore. Nothing they do makes any sense at all. I feel like they're a bunch of talented really cool guys that sit around putting things together they enjoy but with absolutely no leadership at all to keep things in-line and going smoothly. There's 0 management at that company. It's the only thing that would make any sense at all.

get a grip, my dude. try to find the things in life that you're really upset about and focus your efforts there instead of channeling it into a video game.

Had a super clutch live fire game today. Was 1 v 3, they had flag, so being chased by 2, I get the shot on their carrier with 3 seconds to spare and pick up with .15 seconds left.

Izuna

Banned
Cant' wait for Frontier Defense... So fucking good.

Otherwise, I wonder if Colony 24/7 will omit Amped Hardpoint this time around. Hrm

Colony trailer looks fantastic. Can't wait to run around on that map again.

As far as the R-101 goes, is the only thing different the Acog scope on the gun?

If it is a replica of the Tf1 counterpart then my guess is better long range accuracy but worse hipfire.

so with the inclusion of the R-101c theres only 1 more weapon we can get from Titanfall 1,
the Hammond P2011 sidearm.

maybe after that we will see some original weapons getting added.

edit: also one thing i noticed too is that the new weapons in Titanfall 2 stopped having number designations (i.e Volt, Devotion, Alternator, Mosambique). now im aware of Hemlok not having any in-game number besides maybe outside sources. Ultimately this isnt a issues of any kind because who cares and its probably easier to remember weapons with straight names.

The Devotion actually does! it is X-55. Hemlok's full name is Hemlok BFR (burst firing rifle) in Tf1. Also some other new Tf2 weapons do have number designations, like Flatline is V-47, Double Take is D-2, Cold War is EM-4 etc.

biteren

If it is a replica of the Tf1 counterpart then my guess is better long range accuracy but worse hipfire.

The Devotion actually does! it is X-55. Hemlok's full name is Hemlok BFR (burst firing rifle) in Tf1. Also some other new Tf2 weapons do have number designations, like Flatline is V-47, Double Take is D-2, Cold War is EM-4 etc.

dope! i like stuff like that.

SwolBro

Banned
get a grip, my dude. try to find the things in life that you're really upset about and focus your efforts there instead of channeling it into a video game.

When i'm into something, i'm into it. When i'm done, i'm done. That's how i am. No one is popping a blood vessel here though, but thanks for your moral compass. Don't take me all too serious....
4Kr1Lyd.jpg

LOL WHY? Really, WHY? I'm sorry but this company just throws shit out there half-assed all the time. This is ..... i don't even know anymore. Nothing they do makes any sense at all. I feel like they're a bunch of talented really cool guys that sit around putting things together they enjoy but with absolutely no leadership at all to keep things in-line and going smoothly. There's 0 management at that company. It's the only thing that would make any sense at all.

seriuosly, WTF man

grow up

Yeah if you think that Respawn has zero management and are totally incompetent then you must be serious when you say that you only play Titanfall because there are a lot worse games and devs out there.

Also I don't recall them outright confirming Frontier Defense specifically at any point. Just vague stuff about how they'll be adding things and adding things and adding things.

biteren

Yeah if you think that Respawn has zero management and are totally incompetent then you must be serious when you say that you only play Titanfall because there are a lot worse games and devs out there.

Also I don't recall them outright confirming Frontier Defense specifically at any point. Just vague stuff about how they'll be adding things and adding things and adding things.

please have frontier defense in the future, please!

please have frontier defense in the future, please!

Part of the PvE coop mode's code is already in the game. I think it is going to be an expansion on the bounty hunt format, where you kill enemies for money, and use the money to upgrade your weapons, Titan and purchase static defense, kinda like a CoD Zombie lite.

SwolBro

Banned

What other fast paced 'arena' type shooter is out there on console? Titanfall was it, well at least before they decided to go straight up COD.

But i agree with people here, i need to stop bitching. Waste of time. It's just that after 5 solid months of playing this game i gotta say it's a massive disappointment. It's nothing like the original. They had something special, they shanked it. And i think that's going to be the main thing you hear going forward when people speak of this franchise. It's not going to be only me. Most die hard fans of the original have abandoned the game, i barely even see you play it.

I gave it a fair shot. I thought maybe they'd listen when people told them this game plays like complete ass on console, but they don't. They feel good with where the game is, so ok, we'll see in 1-2 years what the word of mouth is.

Until then no more rants from me.

Izuna

Banned
At least I was consistent.

It's very clear to fans of the original that 2 has many missteps, and all of these could be observed since the Tech Test. The QoL updates are really good, but outside of that, we got nerfs for stupid OP stuff and 2 R1 Maps.

At this point, Campaign aside, it would have been better to just have patched R1 with these same QoL updates (I'm talking, sensitivity controls, etc.) and the Slide.

I don't miss a single R2 map when playing R1.

Nioh, for example, just got a delicious free update. They are making sensible updates to the balance so frequently. Meanwhile, we still have a situation where the community is banning G2/Hemlok etc. in tournaments.

I'll just stick around for patch notes

SwolBro

Banned
At least I was consistent.

It's very clear to fans of the original that 2 has many missteps, and all of these could be observed since the Tech Test.

I watched Frothys' recent tier list video and it's funny when he said "gamesager and i have been begging Respawn to make in air accuracy the same as on the ground" or something to that extent.

Which i thought YEAH why not? Why not make sure the aim-assist is as good or better once you're airborn? That's FUN. That is what would make the game unique and give people actual reasons to engage in some crazy aerial combat!

Instead boots on the ground weapons like the flatline,devotion, G2 utterly destroy everything while chilling on pavement. Even funnier they give people a hover perk where holding down a button allows you to float in the air with precise accuracy to destroy anyone in air or on the ground. lol. It's as if there's competing philosophies at that studio and no one knows which way to go. It's not incompetence, it's lack of vision, lack of a clear direction and understanding of what makes Titanfall, Titanfall.

Arrrammis

Melee in this game happens rarely enough that i think it should be a one hit kill. Most weapons have a <1 second time to kill, if they can come at you from the front and get into melee range before you shoot them, they should be able to kill you in one hit. If you're getting constantly killed by melee, maybe carry a shotgun to counter it or avoid the smaller rooms where melee kills are more common.

The current melee tracking/hit detection really does leave something to be desired though, it's really inconsistent and every time I think I have it figured out something really weird happens.

Melee in this game happens rarely enough that i think it should be a one hit kill. Most weapons have a <1 second time to kill, if they can come at you from the front and get into melee range before you shoot them, they should be able to kill you in one hit. If you're getting constantly killed by melee, maybe carry a shotgun to counter it or avoid the smaller rooms where melee kills are more common.

The current melee tracking/hit detection really does leave something to be desired though, it's really inconsistent and every time I think I have it figured out something really weird happens.

Melee is regularly used every single time I play this game. This would be fine, if it weren't completely broken.

It's never going to be fixed.

Top Bottom