• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Melee in this game happens rarely enough that i think it should be a one hit kill. Most weapons have a <1 second time to kill, if they can come at you from the front and get into melee range before you shoot them, they should be able to kill you in one hit. If you're getting constantly killed by melee, maybe carry a shotgun to counter it or avoid the smaller rooms where melee kills are more common.

The current melee tracking/hit detection really does leave something to be desired though, it's really inconsistent and every time I think I have it figured out something really weird happens.

what game are you playing?

Arrrammis

Tip for melee: They can't punch you if you're flying through the air above them at 100 mph playing Oprah with the EPG. You get one-shot! and you get 2-splashed! and you get one-shot!

Until someone sitting behind an A-wall with a G2 ruins your fun.

Gator86

When the hell is Respawn going to acknowledge and fix the melee in this game.

the amount of panic meleeing in this game is fucking stupid

Front OHK melee is a thing of the past and needs to go.

Yup. I will never understand their attachment to such a trash gameplay mechanic, especially one built entirely on a game mechanic that's completely broken. Leave melee a one hit kill from behind for stealth and executions for style. Take the other 1HKOs out. It's not hard. Their refusal to take the L on something that's been broken for 6 straight months is impressive.

Man, ive never been so eager to hand over money for something cosmetic as I am for Northstar Prime. That execution is soooo good! Can't wait hit up the store the moment it launches.

ready to pull the trigger..

71dVCmlbdeL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Do it, for the price it can't be beat; but for the price, you get what you pay for. My triggers have a slight wiggle to them, also you have to be careful with the USB connection as any decent jostling will disconnect the controller.

SwolBro

Banned
Front melee should stun you and push you backwards, like a 2-piece from Gears or something. That'd work pretty cool actually.

JaMarco

Being able to die as a Pilot during executions makes them useless. At least give you some kind of big reward (boost meter) to give you incentive to risk it.

VeeP

Being able to die as a Pilot during executions makes them useless. At least give you some kind of big reward (boost meter) to give you incentive to risk it.

The whole point of it is a taunt. Bragging rights. I haven't executed many people, only about 47 or so. But in those 47 I've only managed to be killed during my execution once.

SwolBro

Banned
Auto-Titans.

Another dumb thing about this game. Being killed by an auto-titan through a window in the middle of an intense CTF match is about as dumb as it gets.
Why is this a thing? Variables like this drives people away from the game more than bring them in.

You want auto-titans to do work? then you should give up a kit space and equip guardian chip, which would make it a meaningful choice. If not then your Titan shuts down as you get out, just like BT in the beginning of the campaign. Fuck they could have even made it a point for you to find his "guardian chip" around the map to reactivate him a long with the battery packs.

VeeP

Whoptido...

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I think it's pretty cool. And personally, I hate when it gets done to me. It means the other player caught me off guard, and then I'm treated to a 2-second clip of my character getting KNFO in the worst way.

But luckily, if you don't like it you can just do a normal assassination. Having choices are great.

Auto-Titans.

Another dumb thing about this game. Being killed by an auto-titan through a window in the middle of an intense CTF match is about as dumb as it gets.
Why is this a thing? Variables like this drives people away from the game more than bring them in.

Was it a Tone? If it was maybe it had an assault chip equiped.

I like that assasinations make you vulnerable with the reward of doing some humiliation / taunting. I also like that if you get killed in the middle of a neck snap, for example, the victim can survive, but if you get killed in the middle of something like the pistol execution, the victim will still be dead if you've gotten off the head shot. Neat little attention to detail.

Edit: forgot to add, Inner Pieces is the best if you're looking for invincible executions, people often seem to not realize what is going on.

Izuna

Banned
Auto-Titans.

You want auto-titans to do work? then you should give up a kit space and equip guardian chip, which would make it a meaningful choice. If not then your Titan shuts down as you get out, just like BT in the beginning of the campaign. Fuck they could have even made it a point for you to find his "guardian chip" around the map to reactivate him a long with the battery packs.

fwV6Wyi.gif

Izuna

Banned

Executions are just too long because they're a selling point now (trailer fuel?). Necksnap is more satisfying and better for the gameplay.

A very minor step backwards

VeeP

I like that assasinations make you vulnerable with the reward of doing some humiliation / taunting. I also like that if you get killed in the middle of a neck snap, for example, the victim can survive, but if you get killed in the middle of something like the pistol execution, the victim will still be dead if you've gotten off the head shot. Neat little attention to detail.

Edit: forgot to add, Inner Pieces is the best if you're looking for invincible executions, people often seem to not realize what is going on.

Yep. I agree with that.

One thing I will say is strange though, I saw someone Inner Piece my teammate, and his body start to float (about to explode), so I punched my teammate, and ended up killing the enemy, causing my teammate to survive haha.

It's satisfying assassinating someone with an assassination, but it's even more satisfying ruining their execution.

JaMarco

Executions are just too long because they're a selling point now (trailer fuel?). Necksnap is more satisfying and better for the gameplay.

A very minor step backwards
I don't even mind them being long and cool if there was a reward for doing them other than "haha im taunting u" nonsense.

grendelrt

I had the PS4 version, but looking to pick up the PC version. What's the community online like?

Since the matchmaking patch I never have a problem finding games. I get a good range of modes as well. Hoping after this weekend it will bump the pop some more, you could try it this weekend and see.

Got my hands on an Xbone Elite Controller and decided to try out some TF | 2 with it, my aim is terrible, but at least my trigger finger is still good after years of not using it

Playerbase too low to support it fully :/

Seems kinda..... pointless to not include Skirmish with the new matchmaking system in place?

Even with the way things are currently, most modes aside from Attrition don't appear as much when I queue up, but they still show up a good enough number of times

SwolBro

Banned
Flatline is creeping into competitive play now on xbox. Most good players have avoided it since it's inconsistent, especially in air, but the sheer fact that it can melt you so fast from so many ranges while having a huge clip is proving to be too beneficial.

I think i went like 40 and 3 the other day using it in PVP.

Flatline is creeping into competitive play now on xbox. Most good players have avoided it since it's inconsistent, especially in air, but the sheer fact that it can melt you so fast from so many ranges while having a huge clip is proving to be too beneficial.

I tend to find that it comes and goes as far as use. I've seen it where almost everyone was using it or almost nobody.
I gave up on it though... too unreliable and R201 is still king.

Can't wait for this weekend. Took a break after platinuming and am eager to return :D

i've been surprised at how little i see people use it since the buff. the horizontal recoil is weird at first, but you can drop people so quickly at range by tap firing that it doesn't really matter. at close range it feels like a slow firing smg. i feel like the flatline and r-201 are the best all around weapons right now.

dLMN8R

Do you think a trailer that takes a few minutes to watch will magically make Titanfall 2 fans suddenly not interested in playing more Titanfall 2?

Don't take trailers, or an in game event too seriously. Don't even take the game you play too seriously. That is not your life. Unless you get paid for playing it.

Gator86

I doubt Activision cares about Titanfall enough to see it as a competitor lol.

Basically. It would be awesome to see TF2 mobility stuff in Destiny 2 though. Need wall-running chains with double jumps and slides.

And going the opposite direction, I'm not sure there's anything Respawn can do to make the release of a map copied/pasted from a 3 year old game a bigger deal than the debut trailer for one of the biggest franchises in gaming.

SwolBro

Banned
Basically. It would be awesome to see TF2 mobility stuff in Destiny 2 though. Need wall-running chains with double jumps and slides.

And going the opposite direction, I'm not sure there's anything Respawn can do to make the release of a map copied/pasted from a 3 year old game a bigger deal than the debut trailer for one of the biggest franchises in gaming.

As much as i hate certain aspects of Destiny (the sluggishness of the movement, the delayed controls, the p2p matchmaking, the 30 frames per second, the constant balance fuck ups) i gotta say that they nailed vital aspects of the game to make it appeal to the masses as well as tryhards.

They absolutely crushed the gimmicky stuff like the armor and obtaining cooler looking stuff, the emotes, the raids, the social aspect of it all. They simply nailed that stuff that keeps people coming back and coming back.

The gameplay is also pretty decent, after all one of the main guys responsible for Destiny was a lead on my beloved ShadowRun for the 360. If they can deliver 60 frames per second and dedicated servers i'll give it a go. If not, i won't even bother this time.

bigJP

As much as i hate certain aspects of Destiny (the sluggishness of the movement, the delayed controls, the p2p matchmaking, the 30 frames per second, the constant balance fuck ups) i gotta say that they nailed vital aspects of the game to make it appeal to the masses as well as tryhards.

They absolutely crushed the gimmicky stuff like the armor and obtaining cooler looking stuff, the emotes, the raids, the social aspect of it all. They simply nailed that stuff that keeps people coming back and coming back.

The gameplay is also pretty decent, after all one of the main guys responsible for Destiny was a lead on my beloved ShadowRun for the 360. If they can deliver 60 frames per second and dedicated servers i'll give it a go. If not, i won't even bother this time.

got to agree. destiny is an avg shooter but it has that social factor and addictiveness.

are you talking about Sage?? he ruined halo lol. stupid reach dmr, and armor abilities.

Top Bottom