• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cliffy B says his next game will be a PC-only first person arena shooter

Chobel

Hopes to use Unreal engine

Is there anything preventing him from doing so? He just license Unreal engine for his game, other than money there's nothing else stopping him from doing that.

The artwork he has thrown out on WhoSay during this year doesn't exactly scream arena shooter, but hey. Maybe he is working on two projects.

Isn't he also an investor in Occulus?

Is there anything preventing him from doing so? He just license Unreal engine for his game, other than money there's nothing else stopping him from doing that.

If he wanted to put the game in a browser, Unity is the better option. Maybe he wants to work with Cryengine. Who knows. But he probably knows UE better, and can get working on stuff for it immediately.

Heard it on Kevin Pereira's podcast on iTunes today, interesting listen.
www.deathsquad.tv/category/kevin-pereira-pointless/

Other tidbits...

-He can't talk in detail about the Epic split, but is still on good terms with some of them.
-Says he's ready to get back in the game and start his own studio.
-Hopes to use Unreal engine.
-Wants to get back to his roots with this project.
-He also speaks highly of the Oculus so the game will probably have support for that.
-Just speculation on my part for this, but I think Kickstarter might be the route he will go.

Curbstomp if old.

I will be looking forward to Cliffy Tournament 2014!

799.full.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
But PC piracy. Someone think of the torrents.

Haha, I remember that. Technically, what he said wasn't incorrect, but it did carry with it an insinuation. He could have chosen his words more carefully instead of painting PC gamers with the piracy brush.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
PLEASE. So damn tired of shooters with levelling and having to grind 30 hours to use the gun I want.

Join us on the UT3 servers, friend. There are a few of us left. As far as I'm concerned, perks are for coffee only.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
and suddenly cliffy b is one of my favourite people in the industry.

godspeed you haughty blowhard. strap on those spurs you earned back in 1999.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Well until he signs a contract for it, it's technically still in the "hopes" phase.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
the potential for a dexterity driven arena FPS designed ground up around oculus rift support is making my hands tremble.

Cliffy if you are reading this, remember game play over graphics please.

I dont want foliage, sparks, water drops, smoke, dust, etc etc to block my view, just want good level design and the ability to shoot anything that moves.

Actually, the less walls the better.

map-aedm17lg.jpg

Does first person arena shooter have big audience in consoles? I don't see why would MS (or Sony) would bother moneyhatting his game.

Well we don't know anything about the game as yet. So I was definitely getting ahead of myself. But depending on the pacing and mechanics of the game, and considering it's Cliffy, I imagine both MS and Sony would be interested. Not every arena shooter has to be like Quake.

Fredrik

Great news even though I don't game on PC, I want Cliffy back in the big leagues again. Please don't pirate this game! I wonder why he won't release it on consoles though, maybe a mouse requirement, too speedy for controllers?

vocab

Cliffy if you are reading this, remember game play over graphics please.

I dont want foliage, sparks, water drops, smoke, dust, etc etc to block my view, just want good level design and the ability to shoot anything that moves.

Actually, the less walls the better.

Q3dm17-medium.jpg

dm17 is kinda crap, but image clarity is a huge plus in my eyes. DONT WANT THE SUN OR SOME DUMB DIZZY/BLOOD EFFECT in my face.

Nonentity

I think that enough time has passed. We've done tons of pseudo-realistic loadout-based shooters, and gone through things like freemium shooters and Quake 3 Live that I'm sure there are some interesting lessons to take away.

Then again, I'm an old crazy person who wants someone just remake Action Quake 2 with modern tech. So there's that.

Top Bottom