• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

DBT85

He doesn't touch the ball, challenge Chelsea for the ball or obstruct a player from getting the ball. The current rules means that he's in an offside position, but hasn't committed an offside offence for those reasons. Personally I still think its daft as he runs toward it so it should be offside, but thems the rules.

What would really piss me off would be that instead of playing to the whistle (something we're all taught as kids playing football) Sideshow and whoever it was just stand around waving their arms.

I still recommend the 45 minute special with Carra and Neville with the referees. Was funny and insightful.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5h7yts

Syder

He doesn't touch the ball, challenge Chelsea for the ball or obstruct a player from getting the ball. The current rules means that he's in an offside position, but hasn't committed an offside offence for those reasons. Personally I still think its daft as he runs toward it so it should be offside, but thems the rules.
My view is that Ramsey being there affects Courtois' [and the defenders'] decision making and is therefore offside.

The handball is undeniable anyway.

DBT85

My view is that Ramsey being there affects Courtois' [and the defenders'] decision making and is therefore offside.

I would say the same. But they made all these daft additions to basically make it so that as long as you don't touch it or physically impede a player, its not. For me if the player in question is running toward the ball and is within a few yards of it, he would be offside.

Maybe when video refs come in it'll help.

Chelsea were pretty bad but... Jesus Christ, what a terrible refereeing decision.

XhYWRUf.gif

Hey, we broke page 400 on the day of the Cup Final.

he didnt touch the ball so its passive offside, no?
What if BVB go for Wenger? :v

makes sense imho although i doubt wenger would accept.

Syder

From Courtois' POV, Ramsey is about to take a touch (the ball was literally within inches of him on the downward arc) and so he decided to come out of his goal. Who knows what decision the keeper (and defenders) makes if Ramsey isn't in the box and they're only dealing with Sánchez.

Michael Carrick signed for another year lol. Testimonial next year again?

I guess he will take over the captaincy when Rooney are shipped to the east.

DBT85

Michael Carrick signed for another year lol. Testimonial next year again?

I guess he will take over the captaincy when Rooney are shipped to the east.

Makes sense, he's clearly still having an impact on the team and with Rooney gone he's the experience the team needs. Its hardly a coincidence that we've played best usually when it's Carrick, Herrera and Pogba in the middle.

He's already vice captain so I guess so. Might depend on how much he's going to play.

Kyoufu

Chelsea were pretty bad but... Jesus Christ, what a terrible refereeing decision.

XhYWRUf.gif

Hey, we broke page 400 on the day of the Cup Final.

It would have been a good refereeing decision if he didn't handball it therefore he didn't do anything wrong.

It's a bad refereeing decision because he did handball it therefore he should have been penalised and this is what should have actually happened.

It's OK though because the ref redeemed himself when he sent off Moses. :D

Auraela

Banned
When Giroud came on I rolled my eyes. Turns out my instincts suck.

Congrats Gooners on the win and probable endless Reign of King Arsene.

was quite funny myself im quite passive with football mostly watch just euro and world cup but been watching different games recently, and was watching with my friend and i remeber giroud from the euros which i happened to like him and my friend was like hes quite shit i was like na he will probs score or something, then minute later he sets up goal lol

la_briola

Frankfurt played good, nothing to complain about.
That foul (pen) was stupid, but can't really hate on Hrádecký. He carried the team to Berlin after all.

Good game.
goodjob.gif

Considering they both haven't won the league, I'd say mission accomplished.

Can't see Ox as the sort of player who drags his team to winning European trophies! ; - )

Some rumors that he might join Liverpool next season. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Which tbh would be such a meh transfer in my opinion.

Kyoufu

Can't see Ox as the sort of player who drags his team to winning European trophies! ; - )

Some rumors that he might join Liverpool next season. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Which tbh would be such a meh transfer in my opinion.

If you're signing anyone from Arsenal not named Alexis Sanchez then it'd be a meh transfer imo.

Zasa

So with the PSG win over Angers for the Coupe de France...that makes it 37 trophies won by Maxwell & he has now become the player with the most trophies in the history of football. Surpassing Giggs.

OhvBH47.gif

acohrs

Yesterday reminded me of yoonited vs chelsea at old trafford, chelsea never showed up and didn't put up much of a fight that day. Yesterday we showed up in the second half, but moses cost us dearly with that stupid dive when we were finally taking control.

This Chelsea team has proven to have a habit of champagne hangovers, not sure we're looking at back-to-back title winners unless something changes in the summer

desh

Yeah, but that doesn't matter. Ramsey has to actually play the ball, i.e. deliberately touch the ball in order for him to be considered with interfering with Courtois.

Offside decision was correct. The handball decision was not.

Top Bottom