• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I'm probably gonna avoid all netspeak this season because I tend to be very easy-to-please with this show so it kinda just nukes my hype. But! That said! I will absolutely join in the fun as soon as the season's over. Please have fun discussing the new batch of episodes, y'all. <3

pablito

My guess is he's the human turned into the Nights King and/or the three eyed raven. We haven't seen either physically move their legs. The show hinted at the first.

Either being who? Because we've seen the Night King move his legs at the end of Hardhome.

Hype

Looking forward to seeing the conclusion to the stories of my favorite characters (Cersei, Littlefinger,Tyrion, Jamie)

I hope Sam Tarly remains in that library forever.

televator

Okay, cool. It not too serious, I just find it funny that the Hound [Trailer spoiler]
might have a very interesting conversation with Jon Snow about his little sister Arya. lol

Okay, cool. It not too serious, I just find it funny that the Hound [Trailer spoiler]
might have a very interesting conversation with Jon Snow about his little sister Arya. lol

Well he wouldn't have anything more to add beyond what Brianne told Sansa about her.

Nameless

Been so wrapped up with BOTW that I didn't even realize this was up!

Ready for that full, minus Robb & Rickon, Stark children reunion.

wiibomb

I was thinking if there would be any moment Arya and Jon might meet again in the series. At this point it might never happen.

NandoGip

Does HBO Go stream the episode live? Or do you have to wait until it's over

edit:

Also is there a Discord or IRC for live discussion?

If not, anyone want to start one?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I just completed a rewatch... think The Hound is one of the best television characters (writing and performance) up there with my favorites ever.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
My guess is he's the human turned into the Nights King and/or the three eyed raven. We haven't seen either physically move their legs. The show hinted at the first.
Can someone explain this theory to me like I'm 5 please? How can Bran be a dude from 8000 years ago?

RangerX

Banned
Hopefully the show can get back to the quality level of the second and third series. The last two haven't been very good, five imparticular.

Can someone explain this theory to me like I'm 5 please? How can Bran be a dude from 8000 years ago?

We've already seen time travel with Hodor being warged in the past.

When people see time travel stuff, there isn't much room for surprised twists after the first time. It's a logical twist to assume and guess, simply based on the implications of

1) Having an "all knowing" character.
2) Time travel abilities
3) He was called the "new" Three Eyed Raven, and was seen literally downloading the history of the world while he was escaping the cave.

Hopefully the show can get back to the quality level of the second and third series. The last two haven't been very good, five imparticular.

Season five was bad, but I blame that on having to reboot so many arcs that were completed in season four and three.

Crispy75

3ER warned Bran that if he stays in his visions too long, he won't be able to come back. So the implication is that could warg/possess some dude 8000 years ago in order to build the wall, which has to exist in order to keep the WW at bay until The Prince That Was Promised finally turns up to defeat them.

wiibomb

I still think season 6 was one of the bests.

Season 5 was bad, yes, but that's understandable when so much plots were finished or just started by the end of season 4, they needed to make another build up like in the second season which not many liked.

still there were some unacceptable things in season 5 like the dorne half assed plot and performance

RangerX

Banned
I still think season 6 was one of the bests.

Season 5 was bad, yes, but that's understandable when so much plots were finished or just started by the end of season 4, they needed to make another build up like in the second season which not many liked.

still there were some unacceptable things in season 5 like the dorne half assed plot and performance

Six had some spectacle and looked great but writing has been going downhill for a few seasons now. Characters do things just because the plot needs them to.

wiibomb

Six had some spectacle and looked great but writing has been going downhill for a few seasons now. Characters do things just because the plot needs them to.

I clearly remember that on season 5, cersei was doing some stupid things that are not what that character made, same as some others like jamie or Brienne.

On S6 I think they got back on track to what they actually made, I actually heard that the writers were kind of held back by what the last book had since the book portrayed characters very differently from what they had been known for., S6 was were they got to write free from book shackles.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
We've already seen time travel with Hodor being warged in the past.

When people see time travel stuff, there isn't much room for surprised twists after the first time. It's a logical twist to assume and guess, simply based on the implications of

1) Having an "all knowing" character.
2) Time travel abilities
3) He was called the "new" Three Eyed Raven, and was seen literally downloading the history of the world while he was escaping the cave.

Season five was bad, but I blame that on having to reboot so many arcs that were completed in season four and three.

3ER warned Bran that if he stays in his visions too long, he won't be able to come back. So the implication is that could warg/possess some dude 8000 years ago in order to build the wall, which has to exist in order to keep the WW at bay until The Prince That Was Promised finally turns up to defeat them.
Oh, so kinda like those Animorph books, he gets stuck in the body of someone. I was thinking Bran somehow physically being transported back in time. Ok this actually makes sense.

Before the guy gets dragon glass shoved in his chest the camera angle cuts away to Bran bracing for impact.

seen below at 0:46
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxN0HdSgBfU

the man reacts by moving his hips from side to side before impact.. maybe because hes disabled?

why do the white walkers see bran but dont attack?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIRBeAHtm0w

You're going to suffocate from being buried under all that tinfoil.

P.S. Those are wights, not White Walkers.

Kind of will. Multiple offshots announced. Think of it as this being the end of just one story.

Multiple options for offshoots/spinoffs. They're only going to move forward with one. For now, anyway.

studyguy

Man I always need a refresher for the previous season going into the new one. It's like 90% of the time going "what the fuck happened" beyond the context given in the short ep intros.

Just a reminder that we have a thread for discussing the spinoffs if people would like more information about that.

Man I always need a refresher for the previous season going into the new one. It's like 90% of the time going "what the fuck happened" beyond the context given in the short ep intros.
Recaps:
I haven't seen an official one. Gamesradar did one that has a lot of views on youtube. It's about 10 minutes long. You can also watch a 4 minute rap recapping S1-S6 if you want.

fantomena

I call bull because 1) I do not have any reason to think that Bran will warg into a dude 8000 years ago 2) the stories about the long night and Bran the Builder are as unclear as the prophecies of Azor Ahai (like, is even the prince who was promised and Azor Ahai the same thing?) 3) Im still pushing on the theory that the white walkers themselves built the wall.

GRRM has said himself that prophecies such as Azor Ahai are unclear and the stories were written/told many thousands of years after it happened.

What if Azor Ahai or the prince who was promised was a diplomat and made a pact with the WW, so the WW built the ice wall to mark their territory or something? I mean, would humans and Bran the Builder would build that big, thick long wall of ice or some actual ice creatures?

Before the guy gets dragon glass shoved in his chest the camera angle cuts away to Bran bracing for impact.

seen below at 0:46
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxN0HdSgBfU

the man reacts by moving his hips from side to side before impact.. maybe because hes disabled?

why do the white walkers see bran but dont attack?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIRBeAHtm0w

lulz, so wrong it hurts.

bran is the three-eyed raven in the making, no question about that.

watch some theory videos on youtube, pretty much everything gets figured out about this show before each season starts [and it's typically all spot on].

can't wait to see this season, although i've spoiled most of it for myself with watching said youtube videos [but i fucking love spoilers].

I call bull because 1) I do not have any reason to think that Bran will warg into a dude 8000 years ago 2) the stories about the long night and Bran the Builder are as unclear as the prophecies of Azor Ahai (like, is even the prince who was promised and Azor Ahai the same thing?) 3) Im still pushing on the theory that the white walkers themselves built the wall.

GRRM has said himself that prophecies such as Azor Ahai are unclear and the stories were written/told many thousands of years after it happened.

What if Azor Ahai or the prince who was promised was a diplomat and made a pact with the WW, so the WW built the ice wall to mark their territory or something? I mean, would humans and Bran the Builder would build that big, thick long wall of ice or some actual ice creatures?

again, y'all really need to watch more YT videos.

bran the builder built the wall, there is zero question about that.

the only question is whether bran wargs into bran the builder / is associated with him somehow.

azor ahai = the prince that was promised, zero doubts.

how season 7 chooses to portray azor ahai is still in question though - the new trailers suggest some interesting concepts that are discussed heavily on youtube [and are super exciting].

[seriously folks, if y'all gon theorize watch some freaking YT theorizing videos, they've typically been proven 98% spot-on with their pre-season theorizing once the season is over]

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Yeah, I'm not sure about Bran becoming The Knight King. I think it makes way more sense for him to be Bran the Builder and then The Three Eyed Raven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom