• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Plus announced for PSVita

Yopis

Like others have said hope kof comes to vita one day. Happy about this news though. Held off on the console version.

Selvaria

This is fabulous news! Team Ninja is awesome for supporting the PSVita! I hope the game will be compatible with all the DLC I bought on PS3.

Skilletor

I don't know. People seem to be okay with it when people do the same thing about FPS's.

So vague. What people? I've never complained. If you don't like the fighters, why post? You have no interest, others do.

Original games for Vita would be much preferred for me personally AND for the future of the device.

How many fighters does the Vita really need? I guess all we need is a Virtua Fighter entry now. :p

I would like Ttt2 and sc5 for starters. Maybe the naruto games. I wouldn't mind an alpha collection. Maybe some KoF, some Garou.

Duffyside

Banned
While this isn't bad news, I can't get too excited over an already-released game being ported to a handheld.

Give me cross-buy, then we'll talk.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So vague. What people? I've never complained. If you don't like the fighters, why post? You have no interest, others do.

Because Tecmo-Koei owns plenty of other games they could put on the Vita instead? And have you ever checked ANY fps game announcement on here? 'oh great another generic fps!'

Original games for Vita would be much preferred for me personally AND for the future of the device.

How many fighters does the Vita really need? I guess all we need is a Virtua Fighter entry now. :p

There is no Tekken, which is surprising.

I have no problems with ports, I'd rather had BLOPS2 on Vita than Declassified. :)

yurinka

Nice to see more fighter support on Vita!

Nintendo is sticking to the old way with 3DS, and that's doing them good because they are Nintendo.
Nope, now that 3DS isn't that weak tech wise so they're trying to follow the same game console route of the PSP and Vita when possible. 3DS has a lot ports, remakes or new titles of home console games IPs.

If they don't do it more (or did it more in the past) is because of lack of horsepower or proper controls for some genres. It isn't something related to design. This is why most of this games in 3DS that are from last gen or older, or sometimes have to make a new game instead of just to port.

But hey, when they announce Ocarina, Metal Gear 3, Pilotwings, Resident Evil, Street Fighter IV, Dead or Alive or Monster Hunter (just to name some few) in 3DS nobody says OH NO console games! In this case people who says that this happens in Vita and it's a bad thing doesn't whine.

There are a lot of people like me who wants to play certain current gen games in portables and are happy with it. If there are others who prefer to do the same but with a N64 game instead, and with games of really miked old IPs. It's their choice. As valid as ours.

Gravity Rush, Sound Shapes, Escape Plan, Dokuro, Army Corps of Hell, Mutant Blob Attacks, Tearaway, Orgarythm, Unit 13, Souls Sacrifice, Sumioni or Dragon's Crown and many others are bringing a number of new IPs tailored for the portable. Let's say that it isn't weak regarding to this when compared to 3DS.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
hahahaha
no. Especially when 1/2 of those rpg's and fighting games are ports from other consoles that have even more rpg's and fighting games

You could say the same for the PSP library, really.

When I bought my Vita my main hope was it was a jRPG beast like the PSP.

I'm not a fighting fan in the slightest but I am surprised Vita seems to be a haven for them.

Takao

Banned
Because Tecmo-Koei owns plenty of other games they could put on the Vita instead? And have you ever checked ANY fps game announcement on here? 'oh great another generic fps!'

and they are porting many of them this is their system lineup:

Dynasty Warriors NEXT
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Nobunga's Ambition Tendou With Power Up Kit
Atelier Totori Plus
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus
Dead or Alive 5 Plus
Toukiden

There will probably be more Muso, Gust, and NGS ports to come as well.

But hey, when they announce Ocarina, Metal Gear 3, Pilotwings, Resident Evil, Street Fighter IV, Dead or Alive or Monster Hunter (just to name some few) in 3DS nobody says OH NO console games! In this case people who says that this happens in Vita and it's a bad thing doesn't whine.

Because nobody wants console type experiences on a handheld!*

*unless it's a Nintendo handheld or iOS device

Maedhros

Nope, now that 3DS isn't that weak tech wise so they're trying to follow the same game console route of the PSP and Vita when possible. 3DS has a lot ports, remakes or new titles of home console games IPs.

If they don't do it more (or did it more in the past) is because of lack of horsepower or proper controls for some genres. It isn't something related to design. This is why most of this games in 3DS that are from last gen or older, or sometimes have to make a new game instead of just to port.

There are a lot of people like me who wants to play certain current gen games in portables and are happy with it. If there are others who prefer to do the same but with a N64 game instead, it's their choice.

Nintendo can do that though. Because they're Nintendo. :)

SykoTech

Neat. Would be nice to have some sort of idea what the "Plus" represents. Given the controversy Capcom gets, I don't think it'll be new characters. Then again, Team Ninja isn't afraid of giving that kind of treatment to Ninja Gaiden revisions. And I suppose they could always make the new characters free like TTT2 and PS All-Stars.

Nope. I don't check threads about games in which I have no interest. :)

These boards would probably be much better if everyone was like that.

Skilletor

Neat. Would be nice to have some sort of idea what the "Plus" represents. Given the controversy Capcom gets, I don't think it'll be new characters. Then again, Team Ninja isn't afraid of giving that kind of treatment to Ninja Gaiden revisions. And I suppose they could always make the new characters free like TTT2 and PS All-Stars.

Agreed. :)

It should also be noted that there's a pretty big patch coming up for the game. There was a player summit and TK has been taking notes. I wouldn't be surprised if that patch coincided with this version.

Yopis

Agree seems just the opposite 100% of the time unfortunately.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Agreed. :)

It should also be noted that there's a pretty big patch coming up for the game. There was a player summit and TK has been taking notes. I wouldn't be surprised if that patch coincided with this version.

PLZ2BFREEOUTFITSANDCROSSPLAYTECMO/NINJAKTHX

Seriously, that's all I need. They can go back to the "real-doll" style if that's what is needed for 30-60FPS/decent performance but all I want is the ability to play the console game versus the portable game and keep the community alive for more than a few weeks compared to Marvel 3 and the ability to get the outfits for free (or at least not be burned buying one versions outfits over another).

Anything else is just cake.

Really, though. You guys have no idea how much I've been DataYESYES.gif-ing in real-life over this news. Hitomi PPKing on the go? Yes, plz.

Squire

Banned
What's hilarious is saying that DoA is a C-rate IP and then implying that Gravity Rush isn't.

It's not. It's Z-rate. Like, no offense, but DOA has a history and a fanbase. Nobody knows what Gravity Rush is.

Also, people shouldn't get their hopes up, content wise. "Early 2013" means before March 31st. It's not our responsibility to anticipate delays that may or may not happen. That said, that's ~6 from DOA5 console, not a colander year like the NG games. They'll add patch improvements and touch features (naturally); maybe the DLC outfits. I wouldn't hold my breath for all the outfits, honestly and I definitely wouldn't put too much stock in a new character.

I'm stoked DoA has been my favorite fighting series, since I first played it on the Dreamcast.

I loved DoA Dimensions, I'll also love this. Can't wait! Hopefully it arrives in NA near the same time as JP

I love me some Kasume

B.O.O.M

and they are porting many of them this is their system lineup:

Dynasty Warriors NEXT
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Nobunga's Ambition Tendou With Power Up Kit
Atelier Totori Plus
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus
Dead or Alive 5 Plus
Toukiden

There will probably be more Muso, Gust, and NGS ports to come as well.

Quoting so more people notice. Some games are better off being ports of the console versions. Doesn't mean the other games including the new IPs disappear or anything.

Koren

Wait rpg heaven?

Persona 4.

what else?

Disgaea 3 count?
Persona 4 golden
Ragnarok Odyssey
Zero no Kiseki
Totori port
Disgaea 3 port
YS IV remake

In the future :
FF-X remake
PSO2 remake
Tales of Innocence port/remake
Tales of Heart port/remake
God Eater 2
Warrior's lair

That being said, that's not my definition for "heaven". Far from it, especially if you've already played most of those elsewhere.

Persona 4 golden
Ragnarok Odyssey
Zero no Kiseki
Totori port
Disgaea 3 port
YS IV remake

In the future :
FF-X remake
PSO2 remake
Tales of Innocence port/remake
Tales of Heart port/remake
God Eater 2
Warrior's lair

That being said, that's not my definition for "heaven". Far from it, especially if you've already played most of those elsewhere.

You're missing the most important: SS.

Reminds me of the argument that Vita has no original game then Gravity rush or Soul Sacrifice info came out and people were begging for console ports.

Vita can't win in any situation to some.

More games is more games and more options is better.

Dantis

If they put the DLC in this (Knowing TN, they won't :/), then I'll buy day 1. Otherwise I might wait a short while.

Top Bottom