• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 confirms Season Pass

mreddie

ooUQFVH.png

Also confirmed Luke Cage, Misty Knight, Dormammu, Phantom Rider, Morbius, Ghost Rider, Ursa Major, Hobgoblin, Charlie-27, Red Wolf, Living Totem, Hulk 2099, Arno Stark, Chipmunk Hunk, Koi Boi and Blade

and...THE BIGGEST REVEAL OF ALL, THE MOST REQUESTED CHARACTER...

HELL COW

Oh and they hinted X-Man coming down the line I think...

Brick if old.

Platy

Chipmunk Hunk and Koi Boi !

awesome

yay for more trans men in games =D

And yeah, Hellcow should be in more lego marvel games

I'm excited for this game, but I mostly want to know how playable the Switch version is.

Past season passes for Lego games have been just okay. In a game about collecting everything, adding some extra levels isn't that great of a draw for me.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Pardon my ignorance, but which character are you talking about?
Koi Boi. It has not been explicitly stated but readers have picked up on hints and asked the creative team of Squirrel Girl on twitter and they confirmed he's a trans dude.

Man, how weird. I have played tons of Lego games and was never aware of DLC. I just buy them for 5€ each and play through them.

You're not missing much in most of them. There's only like 2 or 3 that have actually new content as DLC, most of them just add some additional characters that usually are simply copies of already existing ones.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I saw this on the Xbox store the other day. It's a version of this game that includes the season pass for $90 or something.

If Marvel was ok with X-Men being in their games, it would've been a Lego X-Men game done years ago.

mreddie

You're not missing much in most of them. There's only like 2 or 3 that have actually new content as DLC, most of them just add some additional characters that usually are simply copies of already existing ones.

Yeah, they kinda cheap out by copying powers or have pedestrians fill the roster

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
As much as I like the first game. I'm going to have to pass and wait until it's 10 buck with everything.

My strategy with every Ubisoft, Warner, or EA game.
Sure, sometimes it means I'm an entry or two behind on some series' I really enjoy, but with the sheer number of games available (hell, just in the backlog), I'm fine waiting.

Ah yeah, beloved characters like Ant-Man and the Agents of Atlas. Mutants, what? Never heard of them. I loved the first one but nope, no thanks. And the Lego DLCs, while good, are always super short and not worth the price at all.

NoKisum

Do LEGO games often release complete editions for their games later? I know WB Games does this regularly, but I don't know if that extends to the LEGO branch.

Do LEGO games often release complete editions for their games later? I know WB Games does this regularly, but I don't know if that extends to the LEGO branch.
AFAIK, they do these editions at launch. That’s what “Deluxe editions” are. There’s one for this game.

Voror

Not that I remember, They are in the new Antman and Wasp movie. I am glad Marvel is pushing them

Hold on what?! Oh wow, I hadn't heard about that at all. That's pretty cool. You could do a pretty self contained series on them I feel. It's been a while since I read the trades, but I recall them not interacting too much with the regular Marvel universe

NoKisum

AFAIK, they do these editions at launch. That’s what “Deluxe editions” are. There’s one for this game.

Ah okay. I might sit and wait on reviews before I go into the Deluxe Edition (which hopefully isn't just a pre-order only thing). Because I really want to support Runaways as much as possible.

I wonder if we'll get Young Avengers too...

Slayven

Hold on what?! Oh wow, I hadn't heard about that at all. That's pretty cool. You could do a pretty self contained series on them I feel. It's been a while since I read the trades, but I recall them not interacting too much with the regular Marvel universe
Yeah Randall Park is playing Jimmy Woo, no one else announced yet

mreddie

Ah okay. I might sit and wait on reviews before I go into the Deluxe Edition (which hopefully isn't just a pre-order only thing). Because I really want to support Runaways as much as possible.

I wonder if we'll get Young Avengers too...

The deluxe edition comes with the pass

And I have to assume YA will show up, almost all of them were in Avengers sans Iron Lad.

The deluxe edition comes with the pass

And I have to assume YA will show up, almost all of them were in Avengers sans Iron Lad.
Oh nice, didn't think the deluxe edition would come with the season pass.

Minifig included is pretty cool too. My preferred pre-order swag is stuff that's small and easily stored, I hate giant statue's or other stuff like that.

Platy

What is a trans man ?

a man who was assigned at birth as a woman because of the vagina, but has a male gender because he is a man. Usually followed by stuff like testosterone injections, mammoplasty and other stuff to be visible recognized as a man by society.

the opposite of trans women like Laverne Cox or Poison from Final Fight/Street Fighter.

Gaming examples of trans men includes the Goth Dad from Dream Daddy, Krem from Dragon Age Inquisition and Ned Wynert from Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Neoxon

Isn't this new for a Lego game?
Wonder if they'll make new Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings games with DLC.
Nah, they did something similar for Lego Avengers.

As for the X-Men hint, maybe they'll be given away for free if they aren't in the Season Pass.

Top Bottom