• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

I'd prefer for weapons to stand on their own merits than needing to be chained along with something else to work. Otherwise you have the stupid scenario where everyone calls the BR overpowered again because the rest of the non-power weapons had to be gimped so that you could use two at once.

no dual wielding.
:D

Ah, ok.
Lol yeah, I don't use warthogs often. Covenant vehicles are better IMO.

I hope they find a nice compromise between the H3 hog and the Reach hog for Halo 4. I know it was a bit overpowered in 3, (and I admittedly whored the thing on a regular basis)- but they went a little overboard with trying to fix that in Reach. I had a go-cart as a kid that I would ride into battle before I'd hop into that thing. Little orange flag and all.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Better than people camping around corners and at lifts with shotgun and sword with sprint.
There are some nice lines of sight for the Sniper but nothing too make it too powerful and the Rockets are usually out of play fairly quickly especially compared to the Shotgun and Sword who both have enough ammo to kill about a dozen people.
Well personally I rarely have those problems myself seeing as I usually get the power weapons before the enemy team does.

no dual wielding.

84woR.gif

That gif is basically HaloGAF's opinion on Halo 4 the past couple days. GI reveal was painful, but the soothing sexy voice of Frankie means the hype is still alive.

Woorloog

Banned
no dual wielding.

Can't say i'm happy with this. I liked the concept a lot... but i understand the decision, neither Halo 2 or 3 did dual wielding well really and Reach's sandbox was improved a bit as DW was left out (but we know that sandbox ended up being one step forward, one step back due to other decisions...). Consider adding dual wielding to Halo 5/6 campaign and very least, campaign and MP sandbox don't have to be the same always.

Falagard

Can't say i'm happy with this. I liked the concept a lot... but i understand the decision, neither Halo 2 or 3 did dual wielding well really and Reach's sandbox was improved a bit as DW was left out (but we know that sandbox ended up being one step forward, one step back due to other decisions...). Consider adding dual wielding to Halo 5/6 campaign and very least, campaign and MP sandbox don't have to be the same always.

Yeah, I was one of the few people on HaloGAF who thought dual wielding was fun.

I can understand removing it since it is hard to balance dual wieldable weapons. I liked the bullet hose that was the SMG mixed with the Plasma rifle in Halo 2.

Fuchsdh

I am excited to check it out. I will have to watch some videos and stuff to get an idea of what the hell I am suppose to do but it should be fun. I want to finish ME3 before diving into it though.

You will be crushed, mercilessly. Again and again.

DotA has a fairly steep learning curve and a playerbase that absolutely hates newbs. I'm not sure if I'd survive playing DotA 2 after 2+ years without playing it regularly in WCIII.

Woorloog

Banned
Yeah, I was one of the few people on HaloGAF who thought dual wielding was fun.

I can understand removing it since it is hard to balance dual wieldable weapons. I liked the bullet hose that was the SMG mixed with the Plasma rifle in Halo 2.

Yeah, comboing weapons was fun but the balancing was atrocious and most of the combos were useless and in general the feature was too CQB-centric. Let us dual wield a scoped pistol plus SMG, this would give you tools for both CQB and mid-range fighting, you wouldn't be doing that well either but allows great flexibility.

I hope that someday 343i manages to figure out how to make dual wielding work with core Halo gameplay without issues, a true addition.

EDIT ah well, at least MechWarrior Online comes this year, i can pseudo-dual wield in it (dual arm mounted Gauss Rifles FTW).

Bam!, Megaton out of nowhere.

Wasn't this confirmed earlier? I was so certain of this.

You know what wasn't broken in Reach? The Shotgun. I thought it had a great range and power, a real close-range power-weapon.

This! I really, really enjoy using the shotgun in Reach. Especially compared to Halo 3's which required you to get a bit too close for comfort for any sort of effectiveness.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Tashi wielding?
Lol just saw this now, fuck you hahaha

I find it pretty hilarious that so many people in here were ripping 343, claiming Halo 4 is fucked. And now, little by little, Frankie and David are winning hearts back lol.

I still haven't scoped out the leak, I'm gonna wait until I buy the magazine. Also, gotta listen to the podcast and see some gameplay before I start forming my opinion. There's just so little to go on.

All the talk about Halo 4 inspired me to jump back into Halo Reach after a long hiatus playing BF3 and GoW3.

Damn I missed this game. I know there are people here that dislike where Bungie took the game in terms of feature-set and balance, but I love it.

The ONLY change I would make is to have Bungie sit down in a room and play BF3 with high-quality headphones, so they could get a sense of what real, meaty, loud weapon sounds can add to a shooter.

But yeah, I love me some Reach. I'll hold it up as the best Halo MP to date, regardless of the flack I take. :D

Overdoziz

Banned
I find it pretty hilarious that so many people in here were ripping 343, claiming Halo 4 is fucked. And now, little by little, Frankie and David are winning hearts back lol.
Can't wait until they tell us Sprint isn't in, AAs are pick-ups, loadouts are gone and unlocks are only cosmetic. That day will be a glorious one.
Until that day I'm not excited about Halo 4's MP.

Top Bottom