• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

mclem

A quickie, because it's been nagging at me:

Harjatan has murlocs. When were the last murlocs in a raid? I can't think of any after Morogrim Tidewalker but I'd assume there must have been *some* since.

(Also, in Jade Serpent Timewalking: The suns are back! I don't think I'd ever actually encountered them before. How long have they been fixed?)

A quickie, because it's been nagging at me:

Harjatan has murlocs. When were the last murlocs in a raid? I can't think of any after Morogrim Tidewalker but I'd assume there must have been *some* since.

(Also, in Jade Serpent Timewalking: The suns are back! I don't think I'd ever actually encountered them before. How long have they been fixed?)

I think you are right about the murlocs. I can't remember in any raid since BC.

Tarazet

Well, I got a 970 Recurrent Ritual. I had been rolling as Destruction and destroying Neltharion's Lair runs with Wreak Havoc in Demonology loot spec, and it dropped on a +2 key. Looks like I'll be going all in on Demo.

My other good legendary is Sin'dorei Spite. So I guess I'll have to actually get my Weak Auras set up, because I want to make the most of it, but the rotation with Soul Harvest is utterly bewildering.

Moff

Pugged the first 4 bosses and enjoyed it at lot

I also got from 895 to 900 which will surely help ablot in pugging so I'm glad

mclem

By our standards (so slow to get moving and generally a bit haphazard... but persistent), I'm quite pleased we got four down last night, including three tier bosses; having some people with two-set T20 already is far better than I'd hoped.

I've set a rough goal of getting Normal Maiden this week, to at least start on the process of opening the shortcut - but I am also wondering if we might benefit from trying a boss or two in heroic. I thought our overall item level (when matched with our general skill level) was perhaps a bit low for that - we generally need to overgear things a bit - but maybe I'm doing us an injustice there.

biaxident

We smashed through 6 out of 9 last night on normal, most of us were bored cause it was incredibly easy. I can already tell heroic might be a pain, our raid just outgear normal. I did switch mains from shadow priest to lock for tomb, it was just too annoying not having a lock in nighthold. Lock is still 895 though, only have 1 legendary (norg boots lol) and already upgraded it so that part is done at least.

How are demonic inquisition and sisters on heroic? Those seem like they could be rough in heroic, just for the sheer amount of coordinating we were doing (still simple on normal by outgearing it).

How is Shaman raid DPS these days?

Ele isn't looking too hot for tomb. A lot of heavy movement fights and not many sustained cleave add fights. My enhance shammys tell me they look solid for tomb but have a bad tier set, so might fall off once everyone has tier.

How are Mistweaver Monks in the latest patch? Haven't played since the beginning of the expansion and looking to hop back in. I mostly play solo doing Mythics and LFR.

Jag

I took a break because I was burnt out running alts.

So now I'm doing 5 class mount quest lines simultaneously. Please kill me.

Tarazet

I have 9. I shudder at the thought.

Warlocks are weird. You get the Affliction class mount tint by default. The Demonology tint (which is violently purple) drops off of a rare elite on the Broken Shore, and you buy the Destruction tint for 1,000 order resources in the class hall. But once you do that, you can use any of the tints in any spec.

I rushed on two and spaced the others out. That was the only way I could interact with the Broken Shore and not hate myself. Small doses. Have Shaman, Rogue, Monk, Druid and Mage done.

Shaman mount lore spoilers:
The bosses are the Concave bosses, which should be canon dead because we killed them in the air elemental plane. People pointed this out on PTR but they went live with it. Could have just changed the names. Kind of annoying how much the Shaman campaign sort of wings it with the lore.

erawsd

I rushed on two and spaced the others out. That was the only way I could interact with the Broken Shore and not hate myself. Small doses. Have Shaman, Rogue, Monk, Druid and Mage done.

Shaman mount lore spoilers:
The bosses are the Concave bosses, which should be canon dead because we killed them in the air elemental plane. People pointed this out on PTR but they went live with it. Could have just changed the names. Kind of annoying how much the Shaman campaign sort of wings it with the lore.

Its sad how awful the Shaman campaign has been since the general concept of
bringing the 4 elemental lords back together is easily one of the most important things to happen in any of these class stories. It also makes the Lords, Thrall, and the earthen ring look pathetic just to sell the player power fantasy.

Moff

somehow I lost my writhing essence
I had 31 yesterday, I still have that like that in the quest log, but in the currency tab it's at 17, apparently it reset today there

edit: apparently that was a hotfix in the last hour, a relog solved it

How are Mistweaver Monks in the latest patch? Haven't played since the beginning of the expansion and looking to hop back in. I mostly play solo doing Mythics and LFR.

If you're healing through dungeons and doing easier raid content, you should be alright but MW aren't exactly in a great spot in mythic raiding.

I kind of hope they bring stances, chi and some of the utility back in 8.0. They made the spec significantly less interesting to play in Legion.

Moff

Pugged TOS and enjoyed it.
I think NH was better though, nicer setting and Guldan is a lot more fun than Kiljaeden.

Now I hope Argus will be closer to suramar than the broken shore.

I'm getting to the point on my Outlaw rogue and Bear where the next legendary has a good chance of being one I'd want.

For Outlaw I have Insignia, Mantle and the new cloak left as ones I'd use. Valeera pants and Shadowblade ring would be a bummer. I wouldn't use KJBW regularly but I would pop it out from time to time.

Druid has Prydaz, Skysec, Archdruid ring, new cloak and Luffa left. Would love Luffa and I'd find some use for new cloak and Skysec. Also would equip the ring when I play Balance or Resto.

I'm sure I'd have all the old ones if I focused on one character instead of a lot (I'm at 28 legs across my characters now) but I like jumping around.

edit: And got KLBW on my rogue. So 3/5 good outcomes for next one.

Magnus

I still think one of the funniest unintentional things to happen in the game recently was the Herbalism trainer in 7.1 - how she was turned to face the new Blood Trader. lol

Tarazet

I still think one of the funniest unintentional things to happen in the game recently was the Herbalism trainer in 7.1 - how she was turned to face the new Blood Trader. lol

One of the quests in Stormheim when you are freeing Vethir, you can make his entire hunkered-down body repeatedly turn towards you by talking to him, except that it just pivots in place like he was on a turntable. It's pretty atrocious.

Thanks for that, should be a great help. Which did you look at fourth? Sass'zine, since she's right after Harjatan?

Yup. That one was interesting and pretty easy. Just don't blow out the adds too quick as you need the puddles they drop to stop the tornadoes.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
First week through and we stuck on that naga lady boss on heroic

Best so far was 20%. I guess we can get it down next week?

mclem

Yup. That one was interesting and pretty easy. Just don't blow out the adds too quick as you need the puddles they drop to stop the tornadoes.

We did her on the first night as well, and on the second night took out Sisters and Desolate Host. Going to have to take a bit of a run-up for Maiden, though, that seems like a doozy!

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Is the mobile app busted right now for anyone else? Won't log me in.

Yeah, busted for me - logging out and in on the app loaded my character once, then immediately kicked me out and hasn't let me back on since.

Hopefully gonna get into some N Tomb this weekend.

vocab

Maiden and Avatar are the most fun fights in my opinion, but I only play on normal

They are pretty good on heroic. Avatar is a bit melee unfriendly though. KJ on heroic was pretty nuts. I'm not looking forward to the mythic version.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm tempted to go through the Balance of Power quest line again, this time on my monk. But I'm going to hold up and see if they make it any easier/shorter down the line.

Nokterian

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm tempted to go through the Balance of Power quest line again, this time on my monk. But I'm going to hold up and see if they make it any easier/shorter down the line.

I did it on my druid..it was long and sometimes hard but worth it at the end.

I finished all suramar quests and all balance of power..maybe i will do it on my rogue but i think i will skip it.

I did it on my druid..it was long and sometimes hard but worth it at the end.

I finished all suramar quests and all balance of power..maybe i will do it on my rogue but i think i will skip it.

Yeah, I also did it on my druid and afterwards told myself I wouldn't bother with it unless it was significantly shortened or made a bit easier, like allowing the raid stuff to be done in LFR.

Nokterian

Yeah, I also did it on my druid and afterwards told myself I wouldn't bother with it unless it was significantly shortened or made a bit easier, like allowing the raid stuff to be done in LFR.

I am on my quest for hidden artifacts now..maybe one class i will do with balance of power.

Anyone playing rogue here? What is the verdict on all 3 specs? I am trying subtlety now since they overhauled a lot in 7.2.5 but i want to know what is most fun and good for solo/pvp/raiding/dungeons.

Peachpies

Mistweaver is very strong right now. It is also pretty easy to pick up. Just be aware that there is a lot of very bad information about mist weavers out there.

Jag

I really want the guardian appearance, but I can't be bothered to do the raids on normal. Since it's cosmetic, they probably won't change it.

I am on my quest for hidden artifacts now..maybe one class i will do with balance of power.

Anyone playing rogue here? What is the verdict on all 3 specs? I am trying subtlety now since they overhauled a lot in 7.2.5 but i want to know what is most fun and good for solo/pvp/raiding/dungeons.

Sub is currently looking like the strongest spec. Leveling one right now actually since demon hunter is pretty weak as of this week.

But all could change with the next round of tuning when Mythic releases.

Won

Just unlocked Legion flying. Expected it to take at least one grueling month of bad content after I set foot on the Broken Shore, but I'm surprised I'm already done in less than a week after resubbing.

Also this Broken Shore quest line is a special kind of pathetic. Incredible. Would have gone crazy if I had to wait a week for each of those "quests"

Top Bottom