• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT2| Red Head Redemption

cjp

You probably got one of my codes. LOL

I've Platinumed the game on two separate accounts and haven't gotten a code for the theme on either.

Damn it, sorry bud. If I'd have read this before I'd redeemed it, I would have definitely given it to you.

I override a Watcher outside of the cauldron in the Embrace and that little champ defeated a Scrapper and two other watchers without my help. I watched as he yore them apart. I felt bad when he ran back to me and he had a sliver of health left, sparks flying out his body, and he looked like he was in pain and I couldn't repair him.

I haven't left the Embrace yet and the game is telling me I'm 20% complete with the game. I haven't even done all the side mission and haven't collected all the collactables. I could only imagine the amount of content outside of the Embrace.

I also need 2 more power cells for the side mission that gives you the
armor
. I got 2 in the Embrace can I find the other 2 in it also? I really want it!

I can't bring myself to do the main quest :lol

I'm level 30 or 31 and my main quests are lvl 14/15. I just like doing everything so much. I stumbled upon a random Osrem forge that had a couple of quests in it. This game is so good.

I override a Watcher outside of the cauldron in the Embrace and that little champ defeated a Scrapper and two other watchers without my help. I watched as he yore them apart. I felt bad when he ran back to me and he had a sliver of health left, sparks flying out his body, and he looked like he was in pain and I couldn't repair him.

I haven't left the Embrace yet and the game is telling me I'm 20% complete with the game. I haven't even done all the side mission and haven't collected all the collactables. I could only imagine the amount of content outside of the Embrace.

I also need 2 more power cells for the side mission that gives you the
armor
. I got 2 in the Embrace can I find the other 2 in it also? I really want it!

I thought it was 2 and then 3?

grmlin

I think the length of the game is pretty perfect. Enough story missions to keep me interested, additional sidequests that are still interesting most of the time, but not tons of boring fucking filler content.

frLVJzI.gif

You really can't get them early. You'll be 80%+ into the game before you have all the parts.

I was actually told that earlier in this thread and forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder.

I thought it was 2 and then 3?

It could be 3 though I think I only saw 2 after the first 2 I put in. I have a really horrible memory so I'm questioning myself right now and I'm unsure. I'm still in the Embrace so I can check later when I get on.

Bunga

I've randomly started playing this again having completed it once on Normal. I thought the game was great but man, coming back to it has really reaffirmed just how good it actually is. The combat is just so much fun.

Donos

Dat Hunting Trials with the Ravagers and TJ. 2 of them were rather easy (2 full suns in first try) but the kill 2 ravagers with TJ disc is really something...

Keep the gifs coming.

JoeNut

First game in ages when i am never really tempted to use the fast travel, moving around is just so much fun.

However, this game has just got super fucking hard. i have gone from kicking everything arse to cowering behind rocks waiting for the fire bellowbacks to go away. they are destroying me.

I've just done the mission involving the "steel circle" which was easy, but now the game just seems to have gone crazy hard. I've unlocked the double arrow perk which will hopefully give me some extra damage, but am i missing something? ive tried tear arrows and everything, they (fire bellowbacks) just don't seem to die.

I've unlocked the double arrow perk which will hopefully give me some extra damage, but am i missing something? ive tried tear arrows and everything, they (fire bellowbacks) just don't seem to die.

Freeze arrow/bomb his main body until you trigger the frozen status and then hit the cargo sac on its back with fire arrows/bombs until it explodes. Generally it's enough to take it down, but if it doesn't, it has disabled its elemental attacks.

Bunga

I had issues with Bellowbacks too, more so than most enemies in the game actually up to and including Thunderjaws! From memory, it's hard to see in the Machine Catalogue where their blaze canisters are. They're right underneath their bodies, best way to get at them I found is use shock arrows/trip wires to bring them down then you can get clear shots at the canisters. That or use the Ropecaster to reveal the canisters.

Dat Hunting Trials with the Ravagers and TJ. 2 of them were rather easy (2 full suns in first try) but the kill 2 ravagers with TJ disc is really something...

Keep the gifs coming.

Not really that hard if you override the TJaws and have him use the disc launcher on them and done

I'm level 30 and I haven't even made it to Maridian yet. It's a level 12 mission.

So I did the second Cauldron last night around 2 in the morning, Cauldron Zeta I believe.

Fuck those Machines that can
go invisible outside of the Cauldron Zeta.
I used all my health items, Fire Arrows, and blaze fighting them. They're harder to fight then Thunder Jaw in my opinion. It didn't help that I was also taking on Watchers and
That Shell Top crab Shield Machine.
I couldn't even get a Scan on it so I don't know it's name or weakness.

Can't wait to find the other Cauldrons. All Machine kind will be my servants! Should I hold off on the story to get the final 2 long necks and whatever Cauldrons remain?

I used all my health items, Fire Arrows, and blaze fighting them. They're harder to fight then Thunder Jaw in my opinion. It didn't help that I was also taking on Watchers and

Stalkers. Shock Arrows/Tripwires make them much more manageable.

T.v

Yeah, Stalker zones are quite annoying. They're not difficult enemies, just hard to avoid. I Still hate Glinthawks the most though.
Yesterday I took down my first Thunderjaw and man was it disappointing. At this point in the game where I have all the best weapons they are just easy. 1 tear arrow takes down a disc launcher. Pick it up, blast away and repeat. After the 2 disclaunchers it'll not have much hp left, and the rest of his arsenal is pretty weak.
Might have to nudge the difficulty up a bit.

Also, what's up with the Snapmaw graveyard?

Bunga

As others have said, Tearblast arrows are your friend. One arrow will remove 2-3 components every single time in my experience, one of which being the cloak field. Then just shock arrow and run up for critical hits.

Just started a few days back and beat the
sawtooth
, any tips before I continue?

Avoid spoilers, do ALL the bandit camps, make sure you collect all your allies before the final fight/quest (look up a non spoiler guide for this).

Have a fuckin' blast! Oh and save your shards for the purple items - blue ones ain't worth it.

Fire arrows and hardpoint arrows are your friend. Save your tearblast arrows for later on. You'll need them for the cauldrons especially.

Enjoy the best game to come out since Bloodborne and one of the best ever.

So far I've done 4 Cauldrons. How many are there total?

I want to get all the Cauldrons and Tall Necks before I go to Maridian.

Lol.. I'm level 33 and the next story mission is level 12. This game is so much fun.

T.v

Avoid spoilers, do ALL the bandit camps, make sure you collect all your allies before the final fight/quest (look up a non spoiler guide for this).

Have a fuckin' blast! Oh and save your shards for the purple items - blue ones ain't worth it.

Fire arrows and hardpoint arrows are your friend. Save your tearblast arrows for later on. You'll need them for the cauldrons especially.

Enjoy the best game to come out since Bloodborne and one of the best ever.

What's the importance of doing Bandit camps?

JoeNut

So far I've done 4 Cauldrons. How many are there total?

I want to get all the Cauldrons and Tall Necks before I go to Maridian.

Lol.. I'm level 33 and the next story mission is level 12. This game is so much fun.

yeah i'm level 21 and realising the story missions are way down, i don't know if anything important got patched as i have no internet, so i'm playing the OG version.

Bunga

What's the importance of doing Bandit camps?

You flesh out the relationship with Nil, who should be somewhere near each bandit camp. He will then challenge you to a duel after the last one which you can either accept or refuse.

Bunga

Seriously Sunhi, the quality of your gifs just never drops. Absolutely beautiful and still the best adverts for this game I've seen anywhere.

I think I mentioned in this thread at the time, but your gifs are what made me buy the game in the first place, so cheers for the 40+ hours of awesome times.

JoeNut

Yeah those GIFS really make the game look how it feels to play it.

In other news, i got savaged by a snapmaw last night, god damn this game is tough, but worth it

T.v

You flesh out the relationship with Nil, who should be somewhere near each bandit camp. He will then challenge you to a duel after the last one which you can either accept or refuse.

Did 4 camps and completely missed him so far, except for the first time.

And I agree, those gif's are top notch.
Faced my first 2 Stormbirds yesterday. Pretty disappointing fights honestly, as soon as you get rid of the Shock cannon it's a breeze. Though they do take a lot of damage to kill. Thunderjaw's were more fun.

About to face a
Thunderjaw
in the
zeta cauldron

Any tips?

I got my arse handed to me a number of times.

I've seen some YT videos, and it looks like shooting of their
disc launcher
would be mighty helpful, then just aim for the
mouth
when he opens it.

There's also very little room to move about.

What about its
tail?

Zasa

Oh my god that intro was great, already fully immersed into the world with that.

Anyway, do you guys have any tips on which difficulty setting to play on? Had no issues beating Witcher 3 on Death March since the game was pretty straight forward. But I hear Very Hard here can be a bit too Souls-like in the approach to combat?

Top Bottom