• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to a Yankees vs Red Sox game a few weeks back and they had this up on the jumbo-tron multiple times throughout the game
20170608_220438vpztc.jpg

I also saw a Modern Warfare 3 edition Jeep on the way to the game.

Jintor

Was kind of a super dope opportunity too...

They're doing the thing of keeping cv on file and want to give me a shot when I get a certain qualification (I applied because I'm on the path to getting the qualification but I don't have it yet, so it was kind of a surprise to get the interview at all), but my paranoia says it's just out of politeness

Was kind of a super dope opportunity too...

They're doing the thing of keeping cv on file and want to give me a shot when I get a certain qualification (I applied because I'm on the path to getting the qualification but I don't have it yet, so it was kind of a surprise to get the interview at all), but my paranoia says it's just out of politeness

Ask them if they have any feedback on why you didn't get it. But all I can say is keep attacking.

Lawbreakers does actually seem pretty good. The movement potential with some of the characters is awesome, it's very fast but has a nice time to kill, the modes and characters are an interesting mishmash of different, known, things from recent games. Feels like a shooter first, team work isn't mega important nor is team comp. Genuinely surprised by how much I like what I've played.

The personality is reasonably peripheral and easy to forget about and ignore.

The story. This person is now that person. This person did this you didn't know about. Here's the big twist. Here's all the stuff you only get if you know all the other games. It just all seems convoluted with no reason.

I mean it's hard to talk indepth about the story with someone who hasn't played the game because there are alot of nuances within the story that includes the side missions and some of the stuff you read about.
Hey remember me?

asdasdasdhps3s.png

ZJA1y48.gif

Oh fuck....

So I'm going to the Metallica concert in 2 weeks and I just got an email to tell me I won the contest to upgrade my tickets to "The Snake Pit"..... Holy shit!

Like... One of the instructions in the email is:

7. Please do not touch or grab the band.

... That's really fucking close to the stage!

Fucking awesome. Be sure to take vids/pics, I'd love to see!
Content packed to the gills.
bYWT2lx.png

If Vinny ain't in this Sea of Thieves thing, I riot.

9GEhb8s.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Hmm, apparently the GAF admins are going to release a statement soon?

Still not a great look to just outright lock the threads.

Hmm, apparently the GAF admins are going to release a statement soon?

Still not a great look to just outright lock the threads.

I would hope they make a single thread for people to vent in and keep it all there. Not allowing any discussion will just make people pissy.

Fucked up situation. I'll cut them a little slack to regroup.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I mean, what purpose would opening the thread serve? It's confirmed, he's permanently banned, and they obviously had no idea that he was into CP all this time.

What's the reason for locking it then? I'm not implying some conspiracy here, but locking and deleting threads about this simply doesn't look good.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You can't have two people you allow to police the site turn up to be pedophiles in less than 2 years.

Who was the other one? I don't remember that incident at all.

Also tbf Amirox hadn't been a moderator even when I started being active and he always seemed to have a troubled history to say the least. I'm going to guess he didn't really gone public about this stuff until recently either.

how did none of the moderation know his name when he has posted it himself on multiple occasions

Don't think it's the mods' job to track individual members to that kind of detail. You guys act like mods go through some intensive background screening. They are just members tasked with keeping the forum in order. Nothing more, nothing less. They aren't police. They aren't publicly elected officials. Crazy that people are looking for some kind of conspiracy here.

What's the reason for locking it then? I'm not implying some conspiracy here, but locking and deleting threads about this simply doesn't look good.

What constructive discussion could possibly be had about this issue anymore?

Chumley

Banned

Because the situation is resolved, there's nothing else to say about it besides saying how horrible it is. There's no discussion to be had. He should have never been a mod but it's not like they do extensive background checks for this stuff.

You can't have two people you allow to police the site turn up to be pedophiles in less than 2 years.

To be fair (as EvilLore pointed out), he hadn't been a mod for closer to a decade. Still, the fact he was a mod at any point makes this stand out even more so.

Also, that old FFXIII E3 meme should probably be forever put to bed.

Because the situation is resolved, there's nothing else to say about it besides saying how horrible it is. There's no discussion to be had. He should have never been a mod but it's not like they do extensive background checks for this stuff.

bumping a locked thread that'll get buried by other threads instead of making a locked, stickied post isn't the best move as far as transparency is concerned, though

makes it easier for things to get more muddled in hearsay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom