• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Syntsui

It sucks that Beatrix BiS weapon will be behind a limited 5*. That Star Ocean banner does nothing or me but I can only hope I get something out of15 tickets.

Apple has required that app updates since June 2015 have 64-bit support.

FFBE launched as a 64-bit game.

Oh, nice. Thanks! Now the question is do I risk how iOS11 will run on my phone haha I definitely updated my iPad Pro without hesitance, should be some nice features for that.

Celegus

Good luck to you brave souls trying Malboro. I haven't even tried it once. Sounds way too hard for crap rewards I won't even use.

RedZaraki

Banned
Shared mine with 5.5k hp and 868 mag. Is the hp high enough? I can trade some mag or remove pod 153 for more hp

Seems ok, You can remove pod 153, for more hp, mag, dark resist, and make sure status resist.

Not sure if you're in my list, lol.

But my ID is 378,236,838 I have some spots open.

Muku

Next JP collab is with Star Ocean Anamnesis. Fayt and Rena are 5 stars. Fidel is the 4-star, Ratix is the 3-star.

Just my kind of Collab. I hope I can get Rena at least. =o

I saw this this morning and got a bit excited! Then I saw two 5* on it. GO figure. Can't let you have Fayt. That's the only one I want.

RNGesus has yet to bless us as he did Miku.

Maybe RNGesus will bless GAF when the time is right. Not like the banners have been amazing lately. :(

Oh my, I went today for my free pull and got...

Could it be.... Gumi is actually improving the pull percentages? I mean with what happened to Muku and me...

Nah, coincidence.

Coincidence for sure. Or maybe they secretly want us to build up GAFs confidence again.... Either way, congrats!!! :D

I'm still around and lurking, btw.

-- Pulled a rainbow yesterday on the free pull and got my first Dark Fina.
-- Got the big hairy guy with one of the EX tickets when this thing launched.
-- Actually kinda having fun with the raid.

-- The reasons why 'stepping away from the game' turned into 'still having fun i guess':

1) i stopped giving a fuck about wasting NRG and arena orbs, which are easily the most stressful thing as a daily player;

2) i stopped giving a fuck about lapis and tickets and pulls. i'll get what i get. and i know i'll never spend another dime on the game so it's not a big loss.

3) so it's actually pretty hard to quit. i pulled out of the community, mostly, thinking it would be easier. i think the only solution is deleting the app entirely.

-- anyway i'm not back and all-in or anything. just here to have fun and will continue lurking.

Panther~ Good to see you at least having a little fun. I stopped caring about wasted NRG and Arena Orbs a long time ago. Mainly because I found it stupid to be stressing over a stupid game like that. I wanted to maximize stuff. At same time it's not worth that level of stress. Just have fun. :)

I hope you got a couple of lottery tickets too haha. Congrats Muku. Nice to see ExviusGAF getting some good news.

Ahaha. Probably should have. ;)

I still think they're seriously trying to build up GAFs confidence again. BTW Gumi, 3 Rainbows in a day (well... two in GL) isn't enough. Give us events that are fun. What is with this lame banner and lame events crap?

Syntsui

Put my A2 for you brave souls that want to try Malrboro. But again, don't even bother if you don't have AoE imperil AND DEF break.

Shouta

I saw this this morning and got a bit excited! Then I saw two 5* on it. GO figure. Can't let you have Fayt. That's the only one I want.

Maybe RNGesus will bless GAF when the time is right. Not like the banners have been amazing lately. :(

Coincidence for sure. Or maybe they secretly want us to build up GAFs confidence again.... Either way, congrats!!! :D

Panther~ Good to see you at least having a little fun. I stopped caring about wasted NRG and Arena Orbs a long time ago. Mainly because I found it stupid to be stressing over a stupid game like that. I wanted to maximize stuff. At same time it's not worth that level of stress. Just have fun. :)

Ahaha. Probably should have. ;)

I still think they're seriously trying to build up GAFs confidence again. BTW Gumi, 3 Rainbows in a day (well... two in GL) isn't enough. Give us events that are fun. What is with this lame banner and lame events crap?

Everyone obviously has to have Rena, not Fayt!

Put my A2 for you brave souls that want to try Malrboro. But again, don't even bother if you don't have AoE imperil AND DEF break.

So what you are saying is fire swords with Ace Imperil and WoL armory break?

What kind of game plan makes this work? Because I have all these things and would love to beat Marlboro...

Syntsui

So what you are saying is fire swords with Ace Imperil and WoL armory break?

What kind of game plan makes this work? Because I have all these things and would love to beat Marlboro...
Ace, Rikku, WoL, A2, A2 and a healer/a finisher/a dupe Rikku should do just fine.

You pretty much need to have LB full every single turn with Rikku and you absolutely must kill the two Marlboro every three turns to prevent losing a character.

There is a also Setzer cheese strategy if you search on Reddit.

Ace, Rikku, WoL, A2, A2 and a healer/a finisher/a dupe Rikku should do just fine.

You pretty much need to have LB full every single turn with Rikku and you absolutely must kill the two Marlboro every three turns to prevent losing a character.

There is a also Setzer cheese strategy if you search on Reddit.

O if I have a Rikku (max LB) but only overdrive and that moogle material to boost LB crystals it might not be possible yet.

Ace, WoL, Rikku, Tilith, A2 & friend A2 could do it...

Visceir

It sucks that Beatrix BiS weapon will be behind a limited 5*. That Star Ocean banner does nothing or me but I can only hope I get something out of15 tickets.

Beatrix' chain breaks with DW so best would prob be a TDH setup.

Can't really judge a banner until the data is in. They could have some really unique and desirable skills.

Syntsui

Beatrix' chain breaks with DW so best would prob be a TDH setup.

Can't really judge a banner until the data is in. They could have some really unique and desirable skills.
It does? Lmao that's insanely dumb, I couldn't really test it as there was never a friend Beatrix with Dual Wield available >.>

What a waste of innate perks, I hope they fix this with her enhancements.

RedZaraki

Banned
Whelp.

I've learned that 2x Ace was not enough damage for my ELT Malboro comp to work. Even on a good run it took too long to kill the adds.

I'm now asking for the following Companions: Give me the best LB-filling RIkku you got. That's it, just like, Limit-break filling Rikku. Some amount of HP or Dark resist is also good.

I can make 2 Rikkus myself, but neither will be great, but I can make one pretty good one to to go with a friend unit.

I'm going to try 9S TMR chaining into duo-rikkus. That leaves 2 party spots open for other stuff. I'm thinking my Ace and then maybe Warrior of Light.

Thanks guys! I did get some good Ace friends though. Gotta a lot of inactive friends so I have spots anyway.

Syntsui

Whelp.

I've learned that 2x Ace was not enough damage for my ELT Malboro comp to work. Even on a good run it took too long to kill the adds.

I'm now asking for the following Companions: Give me the best LB-filling RIkku you got. That's it, just like, Limit-break filling Rikku. Some amount of HP or Dark resist is also good.

I can make 2 Rikkus myself, but neither will be great, but I can make one pretty good one to to go with a friend unit.

I'm going to try 9S TMR chaining into duo-rikkus. That leaves 2 party spots open for other stuff. I'm thinking my Ace and then maybe Warrior of Light.

Thanks guys! I did get some good Ace friends though. Gotta a lot of inactive friends so I have spots anyway.
I could do that but that would conflict with what Zera needs, once he uses my characters I can make that change for you.

Niahak

Bored so I spent a couple EX tickets (thankfully, the urge went away after that).

1. Arc (decent TM at least, stupidly didn't save moogle TMs for Zyrus although I have a couple of him now)
2. Heltich

It's cool that we got EX tickets for free. Several free "spins" to use when the banner doesn't appeal.

Not in a position to do a trial or anything, so I've just been running the raid on PRO using the repeat button. I should probably do the story, but don't really have the time and don't care enough to do much beyond dailies.

Still a ways away from "ready to quit", but less excited lately, like others. Boring raid and nothing interesting in the immediate future.

RedZaraki

Banned
My new team comp idea for ELT Malboro is the following:

Ace
WoL
Firion <- 9S TMR and Fire Weapon
Firion <- 9S TMR and Fire Weapon
Rikku <- World Destroyer
Rikku

Although not sure if it'll work or not.

I could do that but that would conflict with what Zera needs, once he uses my characters I can make that change for you.

Ok, no rush.

RedZaraki

Banned
Cleared up lots of inactive players in my friends list.

I'm rank 139 current companion unit is 1017 ATK Orlandu but I have some other good units I can post sometimes.

I'm looking for anyone with a good Rikku as a companion unit for Malboro ELT trial.

My ID is 378,236,838.

Shoot me an invite and we ON it.

She's one of the best support units in the game. Aoe imperil 40%, aoe resist buff that gets enhanced, dual cast, aoe spr/def buffs. She's awesome. Not an every day use unit but for hard end game content she's awesome.

you should be happy if you get rainbow that is not dupe or Lightning. whatever it is.

Marie's kind of like Minfillia without offensive buffs.

Her enhanced "Love You All" is 50% all elemental resist for 5 turns and restores ~2500 HP/turn.
Enhanced "Lovely Guard" is 100% all ailment resist for 3 turns and 45% def/spr buff
If you need specific element support her Bar-agas give 70% and can be dualcast
Since she has native Dualcast so you can drop Cura on her via a staff or esper and she is a good backup healer.

She's slightly less useful against dark/light since she doesn't have 70% for those (although LYA gets you 50%), but she's a great complement to damage reduction buffs.

She can actually replace primary healer on easier raids/trials, so that saves you a spot.
And her TM gives 30% all resists except dark, which is pretty darn useful.

Okay. I knew she was supposed to be good for something and I'd seen a lot of you fawn over her before as such, I just wasn't sure.

Isn't she kind of like the bee's knees for handling some of the harder trials? I can go with that because there are a few I could probably "almost" do like Gilgamesh that I've tried and failed on just because attrition is my least favorite way to win a fight.

I'm rank 139 current companion unit is 1017 ATK Orlandu but I have some other good units I can post sometimes.

I'm looking for anyone with a good Rikku as a companion unit for Malboro ELT trial.

My ID is 378,236,838.

I'm not sure that you're on my friends list so feel free to add me. I'm at work where I can't have my phone with me so I can't add you atm but I'm 133,825,006. I'm sharing Tidus at the moment but have a solid Rikku. What is it you need? I have her potted except in HP since I'm trying to finish Noctis first for that stat. I have Overdrive and the Kelsus TM on her so she charges the LB pretty fast. I have her pouch available if that's needed as well. Body armor is middling though.

RedZaraki

Banned
I'm not sure that you're on my friends list so feel free to add me. I'm at work where I can't have my phone with me so I can't add you atm but I'm 133,825,006. I'm sharing Tidus at the moment but have a solid Rikku. What is it you need? I have her potted except in HP since I'm trying to finish Noctis first for that stat. I have Overdrive and the Kelsus TM on her so she charges the LB pretty fast. I have her pouch available if that's needed as well. Body armor is middling though.

I want her to compliment my own Rikku for ELT Malboro. The idea is to alternate LB usage. So stuff like Limit Break auto-fill stuff or LB rate increase stuff is good. Status resistance is nice but a Jeweled Ring is ok enough if you don't have Ribbon etc.

Lyrian

Im finishing up the story and absolutely loving the ending so far. Im at the beginning of the last dungeon.

Make sure you have the music on when you finish it!

Yup, yup.

My ID is 378,236,838.

No clue how I'm not on your friends list, but shot you an invite.

Feep

Banned
Man, what the heck?

Twice now in the Echidna battle I've followed up a killing attack with an esper summon, to get the Echidna's Kiss materia. Both times the summon video played, but then the actual attack animation was missing, no damage was dealt, and I failed the mission.

Was this patched? Do I actually have to take away the final HP points of Echidna with an esper now? Ughhh.

Lyrian

Man, what the heck?

Twice now in the Echidna battle I've followed up a killing attack with an esper summon, to get the Echidna's Kiss materia. Both times the summon video played, but then the actual attack animation was missing, no damage was dealt, and I failed the mission.

Was this patched? Do I actually have to take away the final HP points of Echidna with an esper now? Ughhh.

For the esper to count, the actual attack animation has to start (not the CG animation) before the target's HP hits zero (and then either has to chain with the killing blow or be the lone overkill hit).

If there was no attack animation, then Echidna's HP was already at zero when the game looked to trigger the esper's attack animation and canceled it out because it wasn't going to count.

I want her to compliment my own Rikku for ELT Malboro. The idea is to alternate LB usage. So stuff like Limit Break auto-fill stuff or LB rate increase stuff is good. Status resistance is nice but a Jeweled Ring is ok enough if you don't have Ribbon etc.

I just got home and accepted your request. Let me know when you want to give the trial a go. I keep my Tidus up to help my cousin and RL friend progress through story and events but I'll swap it to Rikku whenever you want to do the runs, no problem. The Overdrive weapon and Prodigy's Goggles should take care of the LB fill so just a matter of protecting against status effects. Unfortunately, I never got around to learning Ribbon but I could swap the Ring of Luci out for Jeweled Ring if you'd like.

RedZaraki

Banned
I just got home and accepted your request. Let me know when you want to give the trial a go. I keep my Tidus up to help my cousin and RL friend progress through story and events but I'll swap it to Rikku whenever you want to do the runs, no problem. The Overdrive weapon and Prodigy's Goggles should take care of the LB fill so just a matter of protecting against status effects. Unfortunately, I never got around to learning Ribbon but I could swap the Ring of Luci out for Jeweled Ring if you'd like.

Yeah that would be great (Jeweled Ring). I actually am going to need a second 9S TMR farmed on my end, so I'm not sure if I'll be doing any more real attempts tomorrow. Possibly during the day Friday though I might have gotten it by then.

I appreciate it!

ftir1

Neo Member
Yeah that would be great (Jeweled Ring). I actually am going to need a second 9S TMR farmed on my end, so I'm not sure if I'll be doing any more real attempts tomorrow. Possibly during the day Friday though I might have gotten it by then.

I appreciate it!

Also added mate. I'll keep her up for as long as yah need.

I appreciate it!

Ok well if you want to do it tonight or tomorrow, let me know :) Just post whenever you're going to try and if I don't respond, shoot me a PM. I'm usually pretty good about checking the thread.

What’s the easiest and most surefire way to beat ELT Octopus Teacher with party of 5 or less?

Want to give Malboro trial another shot but I need Toxic Rain.

Lyrian

Don't forget to spend wind fangs before mog king closes up shop! There was 5000 in that compensation chest the other day.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Didn't get me anything I already had, so it went right into the Brilliant Ray fund for explorations. That will keep it going for another week or two.

fionel

Star Ocean Collab on JP is neat. But I can hardly get excited for it b/c I have 0 tickets and barely over 5k lapis and I need to be saving for next month's anniversary and also what I believe would be a FF8 banner in October. Adding to the injury every single pull I've been doing this month have been nothing but trash.

Motivation is at an all time low. Don't even feel like doing the latest 10-man or the Mother/Father bomb trial. I guess I'm still recovering from the massive letdown that was not pulling a Sephiroth after spending all my resources.

I'm at a point where I think I need an exit strategy b/c only a new shiny rainbow is worth anything to me and it's becoming more and more of a nightmare to pull one. The negativity from the gacha is outweighing my enjoyment of the game.

Toxic Rain is mine and with that my Malboro team is complete.

Tomorrow is the big day and I hope to get this trial out of the way and give that 30/20 MAG/HP materia to Rem.

For anyone interested, in running Rikku x2, Setzer, Bartz, Ling and an Ace friend w/ 5k+ HP.

I’ll post setup if anyone wants it. With RNGesus on my side I know I can win! :D

Syntsui

Wow wow wow wow, did Gumi stealth fix the cluster fuck of inconsistency that A2's Offensive Heal Combo was?

I fully chained it five times in a row already and that NEVER happened before (yes, I'm counting that supposed fix that didn't fix shit). I'm so glad I can actually use her now.

Shouta

Star Ocean Collab on JP is neat. But I can hardly get excited for it b/c I have 0 tickets and barely over 5k lapis and I need to be saving for next month's anniversary and also what I believe would be a FF8 banner in October. Adding to the injury every single pull I've been doing this month have been nothing but trash.

Motivation is at an all time low. Don't even feel like doing the latest 10-man or the Mother/Father bomb trial. I guess I'm still recovering from the massive letdown that was not pulling a Sephiroth after spending all my resources.

I'm at a point where I think I need an exit strategy b/c only a new shiny rainbow is worth anything to me and it's becoming more and more of a nightmare to pull one. The negativity from the gacha is outweighing my enjoyment of the game.

Maybe focus on building a character you like right now as best as you can or trying to use characters you wouldn't normally for content? Following the power creep can get really tiring even if pulls are amazing. Going off the beaten road can be a nice refresher or try another game while doing the min in this for awhile.

robotuw

Here's your reminder maintenance is in less than an hour.

Still hoping the data mine turns up something interesting for next week.

fionel

Maybe focus on building a character you like right now as best as you can or trying to use characters you wouldn't normally for content? Following the power creep can get really tiring even if pulls are amazing. Going off the beaten road can be a nice refresher or try another game while doing the min in this for awhile.

I think I have all the characters in my current roster that I need to clear all the available content so in a sense wanting more is probably nothing more than greed.

You're absolutely right about the power creep. It has been more obvious than ever since the 3% rainbow change that every month they're creating new characters that raises the ante with the meta. It's silly to chase it as the excitement and satisfaction over getting new pulls fades after their banner when you have newer and shinier toys every 10 days and the cycle repeats itself.

I do have quite a few console games in my backlog (DQ11 being one I intend to finish soon) and hopefully those will help distract me from this in the meantime.

wilstreak

Toxic Rain is mine and with that my Malboro team is complete.

Tomorrow is the big day and I hope to get this trial out of the way and give that 30/20 MAG/HP materia to Rem.

For anyone interested, in running Rikku x2, Setzer, Bartz, Ling and an Ace friend w/ 5k+ HP.

I'll post setup if anyone wants it. With RNGesus on my side I know I can win! :D

I'm rooting for you since your team kind of f2p friendly, that means if you can, most of us can beat it too.

Good luck.

You're absolutely right about the power creep. It has been more obvious than ever since the 3% rainbow change that every month they're creating new characters that raises the ante with the meta.

Alim or Gumi or whoever it is that makes the game is really bad at either character design (not art) or just too greed. In fact this is the first mobage game that i knew that have this level of powercreep. New character mean higher base stat, higher stat passive, higher damage multiplier without any new way to play the game.

Shouta

I'm rooting for you since your team kind of f2p friendly, that means if you can, most of us can beat it too.

Good luck.

Alim or Gumi or whoever it is that makes the game is really bad at either character design (not art) or just too greed. In fact this is the first mobage game that i knew that have this level of powercreep. New character mean higher base stat, higher stat passive, higher damage multiplier without any new way to play the game.

The power creep in this isn't that bad. There are other games with way more regular creep. JP FFBE just has been a little wild recently as they've introduced newer mechanics as they've stopped simply being able to do higher multipliers without breaking everything.

across

Well, I held out hope until the last possible moment, but yes, it's literally just a dead week with no new content or a new banner. The first such week since the game's release.

Dreadful.

Top Bottom