• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

frizby

I still use redirection with mag (Harrow and Volt would prob be the only other) But then I don't have primed flow, and with regular flow her energy pool is too low for quickthinking. When I came back to her recently, I initially went with vitality, but found after a few runs in Mot and the like, I was going down alot from 10-15 mins in. So I switched out to redirection, and now feel pretty comfortable in those places till around 30-40 minutes before she starts getting pretty squishy.

I also mostly use the miter with the judgement proc to restore any health that I might lose through the shields, which does a pretty good job

With Arcane Grace, Medi Ray, and Shield Charger, increasing shield capacity just doesn't make much sense. At high level, enemies tear through shields like they're not even there, and at low level, it doesn't really matter what you do. When enemies get to health, there's at least some armor between you and death, and with Quick Thunkimg, there's a third pool of resistance (also affected by armor).

If you're not using Medi Ray or Arcane Grace, I guess shields make more sense....but I'd still prefer health or armor.

Thanks for resending that invite. :)

Cracklox

With Arcane Grace, Medi Ray, and Shield Charger, increasing shield capacity just doesn't make much sense. At high level, enemies tear through shields like they're not even there, and at low level, it doesn't really matter what you do. When enemies get to health, there's at least some armor between you and death, and with Quick Thunkimg, there's a third pool of resistance (also affected by armor).

If you're not using Medi Ray or Arcane Grace, I guess shields make more sense....but I'd still prefer health or armor.

Thanks for resending that invite. :)

I been rolling with a crit kitty with mag so no medi-ray or shield charger here. Though I don't even have medi ray, but shield charger is pretty useful all round. And arcanes lol. Gotta actually do a raid 1st.

I figured her passive was basically useless with vacuum on sentinel, so I thought I'd put a pet to some use and let her passive actually do something. Miter will actually regularly crit with the kitty buff up, and when I run Lanka, sweet, sweet orange crits. With a little more forma in it, I might be able to get it into red crit territory too.

But yeah as much as I've been loving her and all the damage she's putting out, she is still a bit too squishy in higher levels.

frizby

I been rolling with a crit kitty with mag so no medi-ray or shield charger here. Though I don't even have medi ray, but shield charger is pretty useful all round. And arcanes lol. Gotta actually do a raid 1st.

I figured her passive was basically useless with vacuum on sentinel, so I thought I'd put a pet to some use and let her passive actually do something. Miter will actually regularly crit with the kitty buff up, and when I run Lanka, sweet, sweet orange crits. With a little more forma in it, I might be able to get it into red crit territory too.

But yeah as much as I've been loving her and all the damage she's putting out, she is still a bit too squishy in higher levels.

With Medi Ray, Guardian, Shield Charger, and Vacuum, sentinels outpace pets by a mile. I don't even run attack mods on them...just utilities. Carrier with ammo conversion and pretty decent defense is probably the best one, but I run Helios most of the time for scans.

The only pet worth bothering with is Huras, and that's mostly just for the raid.

I'd normally preface the above as opinion, but not in this case. ;)

Cracklox

With Medi Ray, Guardian, Shield Charger, and Vacuum, sentinels outpace pets by a mile. I don't even run attack mods on them...just utilities. Carrier with ammo conversion and pretty decent defense is probably the best one, but I run Helios most of the time for scans.

The only pet worth bothering with is Huras, and that's mostly just for the raid.

Oh I know that, Sentinels>pets, but I'm not really the type of player that has to have THE optimal setup on my frames. Every other frame I use regularly, uses a sentinel of course, but that's really only for vacuum. It was just to try and make use of her passive, which then gave me the option to not use a boring old sentinel. Was just to try something different.

And it works well enough, high lvl squish aside. I gotta bullet jump for vacuum, but that encourages mobility which is hardly a bad thing with a squishy frame. Also, you may be underestimating having a team wide 60% crit buff up 1/3rd of the time. I think its far more useful then anything the dogs offer. Also my kitty survives some pretty high level content better then I do sometimes, which I couldn't say about the puppers

Cracklox

So after all that ^ I gotta say, I'm not feeling the drive to log on and get stuff done that I've had for the last month or two, so I'm thinking it might be about time for another break. I'm just short of MR22, and I think I have enough to rank up to hit it in the next day or two so I'll be around for a bit yet and get that done. I just picked up Watch Dogs 2 for cheap as well, which I'll tuck into for the next week or 2 to cleanse an open world palette

As always, 100% be back though. Weather that's at PoE release, or maybe I'll let you guys playtest that for me for a few weeks, but either way I'm keen to check it out. There also maybe a slight issue with the other game that eats all my freetime when I get into it, Grim Dawn, due to release a meaty expansion that I'm hanging for, in the next month or 2 as well. As much as love me some warframe, GD is prob my favorite little game of the last few years and if they come out at around the same time, then that may create some delays in getting back into WF. But either way, I'm too far invested, as well as interested to see what they do going forward, that I know I'll be back at some point.

Heck this time I might even try to get some login's done if for no other reason then to slap a forma in the oven and get my stocks of that back up, and work towards some of the milestone logins. But if I'm inactive for too long, feel free to kick me. It's never been a prob before getting back in.

frizby

So after all that ^ I gotta say, I'm not feeling the drive to log on and get stuff done that I've had for the last month or two, so I'm thinking it might be about time for another break. I'm just short of MR22, and I think I have enough to rank up to hit it in the next day or two so I'll be around for a bit yet and get that done. I just picked up Watch Dogs 2 for cheap as well, which I'll tuck into for the next week or 2 to cleanse an open world palette

As always, 100% be back though. Weather that's at PoE release, or maybe I'll let you guys playtest that for me for a few weeks, but either way I'm keen to check it out. There also maybe a slight issue with the other game that eats all my freetime when I get into it, Grim Dawn, due to release a meaty expansion that I'm hanging for, in the next month or 2 as well. As much as love me some warframe, GD is prob my favorite little game of the last few years and if they come out at around the same time, then that may create some delays in getting back into WF. But either way, I'm too far invested, as well as interested to see what they do going forward, that I know I'll be back at some point.

Heck this time I might even try to get some login's done if for no other reason then to slap a forma in the oven and get my stocks of that back up, and work towards some of the milestone logins. But if I'm inactive for too long, feel free to kick me. It's never been a prob before getting back in.

Logging in daily or weekly is perfectly fine. All I've been doing is sorties and kubrow eugenics. Until PoE, there just isn't much to get done.

I hope no one is too attached to the Focus System, although you will get all those points refunded for PoE.
Not really, so that works for me ;p

I pay the game a lot, but haven't really touched sorties so I only have the initial focus lens, and only attached to my Nyx. So leveling up in my focus tree has been glacial. No worries though, as there is still a ton of other stuff to do.

Any best guesses out there for when PoE will hit the consoles? Am fine with them taking their time, releasing on PC and then patching and patching. There's no way something this big and game-changing releases without busting at the seams somewhere, or multiple somewheres.

Dave1988

1UpUHJT.png

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Eh I get they wanna flesh out the operators more but I'm not looking forward to having to swap between them all the time or see them more. It's called warframe not ender's game. The poe raid sounds like it'll be like king's fall from destiny with switching forms and roles all the time. Hope it's more fun/fair than the was.

Also has pc got far enough ahead to know what day 700 login is yet? I might start logging in again every day instead of once a week.

Guess I could try to get the new primes too but not feeling Em.

BigAl1992

Eh I get they wanna flesh out the operators more but I'm not looking forward to having to swap between them all the time or see them more. It's called warframe not ender's game. The poe raid sounds like it'll be like king's fall from destiny with switching forms and roles all the time. Hope it's more fun/fair than the was.

Also has pc got far enough ahead to know what day 700 login is yet? I might start logging in again every day instead of once a week.

They only just got to 650 days. 700 is still a way's off.

Gattsu25

Banned
Okay, how do you report someone for having a racist username on PS4?

Edit: Figured it out. Search for the player in the friends screen, press Options, and then you can report from there.

Pretty much, yes, I dont want to see my operator more than necessary but DE wants to push the operator to be a integral part of their game.

I was more on the idea of frame having their own personalities

Amon37

I'll have to see if I have medi-ray and shield charger, I'd like to pull redirection of some frames and use those mod points

VandalD

This kind of sucks. The passives were the best part of every focus school...and I'm sure they're toast.
They've said the passives might be coming back as new arcanes that you get from doing Plains stuff. It's gonna hurt losing energy regen in particular for me.

Glad I never did too much with focus, and never even specced Zenurik. The subreddit is full of people complaining about how energy is an issue but I honestly never run into that (except for when running into certain enemies that sap all your energy). I don't even have arcane energy buffs either. That said I am going to miss Naramon's shadowstep. It's so good.

They did mention the buffs were going to be moved to arcanes, which sort of pisses me off unless they make arcanes acquirable in a non once-a-day RNG BS.

Amon37

This Harrow chassis is killing me. Also for some reason Nami Skala will not play nice, I still need a hilt and BOTH blades.

Also ugh more operator crap, I want to play WARFRAME

This kind of sucks. The passives were the best part of every focus school...and I'm sure they're toast.

While I see why people like them, I would prefer if they made that investment more engaging than "get (x) passive" at a certain threshold. I think there's a lot of room for improvement in the system as it currently is. Right now, it's kind of bland in my opinion.

This Harrow chassis is killing me. Also for some reason Nami Skala will not play nice, I still need a hilt and BOTH blades.

Also ugh more operator crap, I want to play WARFRAME

I have a spare blade if you want to trade plat or 100 ducat worth of prime pieces ... or any one of the following:

Hikou Star
Hikou Pouch
Vasto Blueprint
Scindo Handle
Any Bo Prime pieces

Also if anyone has any of the above pieces I might be interested in trading for them.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
I have a spare blade if you want to trade plat or 100 ducat worth of prime pieces ... or any one of the following:

Hikou Star
Hikou Pouch
Vasto Blueprint
Scindo Handle
Any Bo Prime pieces

Also if anyone has any of the above pieces I might be interested in trading for them.

I have hikou star & pouch, vasto bp, a bo p set and scino p handle.

AlphaDump

Gold Member
Mefid here, please dont boot me from the clan due to inactivity. I have been in the process of moving/escaping Irma apocalypse the past few weeks. I will be back online within the next few days.

See you all soon!

VariantX

Glad I never did too much with focus, and never even specced Zenurik. The subreddit is full of people complaining about how energy is an issue but I honestly never run into that (except for when running into certain enemies that sap all your energy). I don't even have arcane energy buffs either. That said I am going to miss Naramon's shadowstep. It's so good.

They did mention the buffs were going to be moved to arcanes, which sort of pisses me off unless they make arcanes acquirable in a non once-a-day RNG BS.

Its really not an issue for most frames. The few that are energy hungry are more so because their base energy probably isnt high enough to support the playstyles they offer. That Oberon rework got a heck of alot better with that energy boost to support his need to basically always cast hallowed ground to buff his other skills to maximum effectiveness considering the AoE is in a fixed area.

I have hikou star & pouch, vasto bp, a bo p set and scino p handle.

Actually now that I look at the vaulting order those are all weapons that should be in the next two unvaulting (possibly the next if they do another two for). I think I can hold off six month on acquiring them.

Its really not an issue for most frames. The few that are energy hungry are more so because their base energy probably isnt high enough to support the playstyles they offer. That Oberon rework got a heck of alot better with that energy boost to support his need to basically always cast hallowed ground to buff his other skills to maximum effectiveness considering the AoE is in a fixed area.

I feel like the only time I hurt for energy is right at the start when I'm not capped. And that's usually not a big deal because I'll just consume an energy pack right at the start if I need it. The only other time I have a problem with energy is when I get stuck soloing like an Interception on Ember because not enough enemies spawn.

Edit: Looks like Fomorian event is gonna be soon for us? If so that's great. I dig that 75% chance at 400 endo, I still need like 200k of that crap. Even after 8 10/10 Primed, 2 10/10 Rare, 2 10/10 uncommon, and 3 10/10 common mods. It just never ends.

Clearos

Hello,

Just picked up a ps4 pro. Played warframe on pc when it first released but so much was added that I actually don't mind starting fresh on ps4.

Possible to get a clan invite.
Username: allinos
Friend would like to join also if possible.
Username:valinous

75% of runs will drop 400 endo. Other than that you have 25% chance of a imperator vandal piece dropping. So no, not great rewards, but I need 200-250k endo so I at least make progress on something.

I heard endo got removed from the drop table, I was expecting rare mods like Razorback, guess I gotta skip this event

I do have a Kohm with a catalyst for funsies, but I didn't forma it out to minmax it. I'll probably catalyst the new shotgun too because I have a huge supply of those, but I'm not going to build it as an end-game gun like my Tigrises and Heks.

Tabby

I do have a Kohm with a catalyst for funsies, but I didn't forma it out to minmax it. I'll probably catalyst the new shotgun too because I have a huge supply of those, but I'm not going to build it as an end-game gun like my Tigrises and Heks.

Blasphemy. I have a potato with 6 forma on my Kohm and it's my most used.
100% status Kohm wrecks fools and I love it.

frizby

Hello,

Just picked up a ps4 pro. Played warframe on pc when it first released but so much was added that I actually don't mind starting fresh on ps4.

Possible to get a clan invite.
Username: allinos
Friend would like to join also if possible.
Username:valinous

Invites sent. Welcome!

Callandor

All right, I need a break from Destiny 2 (that raid wears a person down), so let's do some more giveaways!

I'll be online tonight in a 8:30-10:00 CST timeframe to clear out more of my stuff. I'd like to focus on getting rid of all this backlogged prime stuff. The last giveaway was a free-for-all, so let's be a bit structured.

Here's everything I have. Full sets are listed, and stray parts outside of that are below.

Code:
Akstiletto Set - 1
 (3 barrels, 1 link, 1 BP)
Ankyros Set - 0
 (4 blades, 3 gauntlets)
Ash Set - 4
 (11 BP, 4 Chas, 11 Neur)
Banshee Set - 1
 (1 Chas, 1 Neur, 1 Sys)
Boar Set - 2
 (1 Rec, 1 Stock)
Boltor Set - none
 (2 barrel, 1 rec)
Carrier Set - 5
 (2 systems)
Cernos Set - 2
 (1 BP, 1 lower, 1 string)
Dakra Set - 1
 (5 handle)
Dual Kamas Set - 2
 (1 BP, 3 handle)
Euphona Set - 1

Fragor Set - 3
 (1 handle)
Frost Set - 1
 (4 BP, 5 chas, 5 sys)
Galatine Set - 4
 (1 BP, 2 handle)
Glaive Set - 1
 (2 BP, 1 blade, 7 disc)
Helios Set - 2
 (1 cerebrum)
Hikou Set - 4

Latron Set - 1

Mag Set - 4
 (4 BP, 7 chas, 5 neur)
Nekros Set - 2
 (2 BP, 1 chas, 3 sys)
Nikana Set - none
 (3 BP, 2 hilt)
Nova Set - 1

Nyx Set - 2

Oberon Set - 1
 (1 sys)
Odonata Set - 5
 (2 BP)
Orthos Set - 3
 (1 BP)
Reaper Set - 5

Rhino - no sets
 (2 BP, 2 neur, 3 chas)
Saryn Set - 5
 (1 chas)
Scindo Set - 3

Sicarus Set - 2

Silva Aegis - no set
 (1 BP, 1 hilt)
Soma Set - 4
 (1 BP, 1 rec, 2 stock)
Spira Set - 1

Sybaris Set - 1

Tigris Set - 2
 (3 BP, 3 barrel, 5 rec)
Trinity Set - 5
 (3 BP)
Valkyr Set - 2
 (1 sys)
Vasto Set - 2

Vauban - no sets
 (3 Chas, 1 neur, 3 sys)
Vectis Set - 3
 (3 bp, 3 barrel, 4 rec)
Venka Set - 2
 (1 bp, 3 blades, 1 gauntlet)
Volt Set - 7

(Sorry for the huge post. Dear lord I ran a lot of fissures...)

Amon37

Kohm with shotgun spazz and accelerated blast Combine with that Harrow skill that increases fire rate and lol

Love my kohm.

All right, I need a break from Destiny 2 (that raid wears a person down), so let's do some more giveaways!

[...]

Code:
Hikou Set - 4

Scindo Set - 3

Vasto Set - 2

Are you limiting it to GAF clan? No problem if you are, just asking since I'm not in it. the three I left in the list are the only ones I am missing (and I don't just need a few pieces from each).

Kohm with shotgun spazz and accelerated blast Combine with that Harrow skill that increases fire rate and lol

Love my kohm.

I wasn't implying the Kohm was bad. Just that when I have 4 shotguns all beefcaked out that I'm not going to use forma on another one yet. I still have other weapon groups and a couple frames before even considering it. I only just this week had enough forma to finish decking out my Ignis wraith.

VariantX

A reminder to everyone, the Arca Plasmor and Arca Cisco research is complete and it has put the clan at the required mastery to undergo ascension. Please visit the altar in the dojo at your earliest convenience to participate int he ascension ceremony. You get 10000 endo as a reward for completing it. We are at 5/15 people right now to raise our clan rank to 10.

Namikaze1

Feels nice to be back after taking a break for a couple other games. Need to get back on getting my Loki, Cernos Prime, and Galatine Prime to rank 30.

Amon37

I wasn't implying the Kohm was bad. Just that when I have 4 shotguns all beefcaked out that I'm not going to use forma on another one yet. I still have other weapon groups and a couple frames before even considering it. I only just this week had enough forma to finish decking out my Ignis wraith.

I get that i have decked out Tigris prime, hek and Veykor hek and kohm.

I have 5 forma on my regular ignis and haven't brought myself to do the same for the wraith version

jfull7602

Neo Member
A reminder to everyone, the Arca Plasmor and Arca Cisco research is complete and it has put the clan at the required mastery to undergo ascension. Please visit the altar in the dojo at your earliest convenience to participate int he ascension ceremony. You get 10000 endo as a reward for completing it. We are at 5/15 people right now to raise our clan rank to 10.

Picked up the weapons and endo last night. As of then, it was at 14/15 at the altar. Great job, everyone!

Top Bottom