• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 firmware 1.60 released. Pulse headset support, mute camera, stability

Hasney

Going to have to wait for some comparisons on that new headset V Pulse Elites and decide which one I want... But I want a new headset nowwwwwwww.

Damn these first world problems.

Going to have to wait for some comparisons on that new headset V Pulse Elites and decide which one I want... But I want a new headset nowwwwwwww.

Damn these first world problems.

The new ones certainly look comft, I've the old Elites and being honest they can get uncomfortable after a session. Not massively but you certainly know you're wearing them with the weight and the tightness around the head.

daveo42

Banned
1.6 update now
1.7 with mp3/dlna/suspend-resume/youtube etc. february,22.

remember my words fellow gaffers...

Would be nice if true, but that's a short timeframe in between firmware updates. Not that I don't mind, it just seems odd they'd place them so close together.

I wonder if Sony will launch another update in March around the time Microsoft releases their large update.

Ein Bear

Hot diggity daffodil! My TV speakers are absolutely crap, it's been killing me not being able to use my Pulse with the PS4.

For everybody thinking the US wasn't getting dem Gold, rest assured.

Take that $99 USD blood money you were gonna use to spring your uncle out of jail from beneath your soiled mattress and donate it to your local retailers for a pair!

I'm assuming/hoping that "early this month" will match the Feb 10th release date.

I do. That's exactly why I just want a mic. Like I used to use on the 360 or the ps3. Just a normal Bluetooth headset that takes up one ear. Not giant headphones that I have to also push game audio through or not hear anything because it blocks out all noise
item_L_491865_518091.jpg

Exactly. Same here. I have and love the official PS3 bluetooth headset (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0042R81XU/?tag=neogaf0e-20), and also have a kicking 5.1 sony surround system (will upgrade to 7.1 soon!). I don't want to have to use a huge headset that will cover both ears, I just want to be able to talk with my friends while playing while still enjoying full surround sound.

Hasney

The new ones certainly look comft, I've the old Elites and being honest they can get uncomfortable after a session. Not massively but you certainly know you're wearing them with the weight and the tightness around the head.

Yeah, from what I've read, I will have to factor in gimmicking up the band to make it comfy and being careful not to pull at the cans or risk cracking them.

In other words, the new headset is in the lead unless there's a significant drop in sound quality.

Caayn

I do. That's exactly why I just want a mic. Like I used to use on the 360 or the ps3. Just a normal Bluetooth headset that takes up one ear. Not giant headphones that I have to also push game audio through or not hear anything because it blocks out all noise
item_L_491865_518091.jpg
You've got my vote.

foxdvd

Take that $99 USD blood money you were gonna use to spring your uncle out of jail from beneath your soiled mattress and donate it to your local retailers for a pair!

I'm assuming/hoping that "early this month" will match the Feb 10th release date.

just to be clear...these will need zero cables when using on your ps4?

Also, for those that have use elite headsets, not having the mic right on your mouth, does this hurt chat quality for other people listening to you?

Is this new headset turtle beach? I know Sony and Turtle Beach entered a partnership with headsets meant to be released later this year but who made this headset? Anyone know?

just to be clear...these will need zero cables when using on your ps4?

Also, for those that have use elite headsets, not having the mic right on your mouth, does this hurt chat quality for other people listening to you?

None of my friends have complained about my voice quality while using my elites. They do complain about my friend's Astro A40 mic

jwk94

They probably don't have a street date on the US version which is why they said "early this month" instead of giving an exact date. The same thing happened with the PULSE headset.

I just got my new replacement unit for my PS4 (disc ejecting issue)

I'm playing avatar now and it seems like I cannot get it to play in 3D! Is this a known issue in the PS4? My PS3 plays it flawlessly

Sorry didn't want to create a new thread just for this

Hasney

I just got my new replacement unit for my PS4 (disc ejecting issue)

I'm playing avatar now and it seems like I cannot get it to play in 3D! Is this a known issue in the PS4? My PS3 plays it flawlessly

Sorry didn't want to create a new thread just for this

3D blu-rays are not supported on PS4.

Jubern

I'm actually thinking of buying good headphones for playing since I just moved in with my GF and the separation between the bedroom and the living room is pretty thin...

Is the Pulse worth it? And is the Elite worth the mark up?

One of my biggest questions would be: how heavy is it and do you find it comfortable at all?

The next system software update for PlayStation 4 (version 1.60) will be released tomorrow (4th February 2014), bringing compatibility support to PS4 for the PULSE Wireless Stereo Headset (including the GTA V limited edition version) and the original Wireless Stereo Headset.
This means that you will now be able to use these wireless headsets on your PS4 and can experience 7.1 virtual surround sound and voice chat while playing your PS4 games.
Yes! I thought I needed to buy the new headset but Sony still supports the original.

emko

i was expecting more then just headset support after how long they took. They are probably working on many things at a time and just release the features that are ready. Maybe end of month we get another update.

I thought Sony said before launch they weren't going to support any Bluetooth headsets, did that change at some point?

What?!?!?! I didn't know this... :(

Why do they do this? I mean what logical reason is there to do so cept to piss off loyal customers and screw them over? It's just bloody bluetooth ffs! It shouldn't be that hard to accommodate

daveo42

Banned
I'm actually thinking of buying good headphones for playing since I just moved in with my GF and the separation between the bedroom and the living room is pretty thin...

Is the Pulse worth it? And is the Elite worth the mark up?

One of my biggest questions would be: how heavy is it and do you find it comfortable at all?

Elite owner here and I find them both very comfortable and has great sound quality. I don't find them too heavy and have used them on extended gaming sessions with no issues. Has a decent mic and can be used without power through a 3.5mm headphone jack. I actually like them a ton.

The only problems I've had were with the battery life, which isn't all that stellar and the 'pulse' bass system which should just be turned way down or off.

Cheech

What?!?!?! I didn't know this... :(

Why do they do this? I mean what logical reason is there to do so cept to piss off loyal customers and screw them over? It's just bloody bluetooth ffs! It shouldn't be that hard to accommodate

I would gladly pay another 50 for an official Sony wireless earpiece. Bonus points if it is as comfortable as the Xbox 360 headset.

I get the reasoning for not supporting generic BT headsets, but not giving us any options at all really sucks. That crappy hard plastic wired earpiece is pissing me off.

I really hope the stability fixes aren't a bunch of smoke and mirrors. I'm on my third PS4 now and still get that CE-34878-0 "Application has crashed" error, even on downloadable titles, amongst other application problems.

Would be nice if true, but that's a short timeframe in between firmware updates. Not that I don't mind, it just seems odd they'd place them so close together.

I wonder if Sony will launch another update in March around the time Microsoft releases their large update.

FWIW, firmware updates came pretty frequently in the early days of the PS360 gen.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Nice for the small percentage of people who own these but I hope there is more to this update.

Was hoping for at least some ui improvements.

Top Bottom